Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

Go down 
+6
exact33
Frethead
Matty35
RFFB
Chrissy
laxcdn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:02 am

if you haven't yet seen the Lovely bones it is pretty good....Again the book is just the best so if you can get someone to bring it to you first....

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:11 am

Chrissy wrote:
if you haven't yet seen the Lovely bones it is pretty good....Again the book is just the best so if you can get someone to bring it to you first....

I've seen it.................................................

Subject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LOVELY BONES--------------------------I was looking forward to this but as usual was disappointed with this over sentimentalised claptrap !! 3/10
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:30 am

DISTRICT 9--------------Saw this a few months ago and really liked it. Now I have my own copy thanks to Play.com's sale. Still like it, as it makes a change from the usual crash bang wallop of normal Alien invasion movies. Give it a watch and see what you think. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Predators -

Half believing the ads were a crack-in-the-door glimpse of that whimsically inspired, unrealistically timely and over anticipated story come full circle with the added "filler" of creative genius which actually relates to the original overall story and characters with the bonus of securing a smart, creative and original sequel storyline, I've been excited to see this movie since I first saw the ads. Alas, the images still dance in my head. Robert Rodriguez directs it and the scenes are delivered with typical Rodriguez simplistic heroism. From here, the storyline boils down to yer typical shoot 'em up, ( Yawn. O, yawn. O, yeah, thanks again, yawn, Rodriguez! Yawn.) sans the exquisite, naturally placed wonder that came over when the original Predator showed up. Slightly takes away from the fantastical story telling of alien beings, other-worldy planet bounding, blah, and those kinds of things, blah-blah, but, Lawrence Fishburne plays a beat up, blah-blah-blah, dillusional, dry military guy/ survivor type, blah-blah-blah-HONK! Adam Brody has the biggest freaking . . . Adam Brody . . . MY GOD, THAT GUY HAS A BIG FUKKEN NOSE! Pfffft! There is no holding back, now! The movie SUCKS, and everything that Rodriguez guy makes is goofy, senseless, nasty crack booty crack stinky fingers bad bad bad.

Last edited by Frethead on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:27 am

Adrien Brody... Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:58 am

I think I'm going to have a BATMAN-fest today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:19 am

Roger H wrote:
I think I'm going to have a BATMAN-fest today. Very Happy

Avoid Batman and Robin then. It's SHITE!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:27 am

Didn't do the Batfest in the end, I got too involved in a golf tournament ( Thanks Fret I'm well addicted to WGT !!! ). Ended up watching 2012 again. I enjoyed it a bit more than the 1st time I watched it but it's still not very good !! John Cusack is NOT an Action hero !!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:57 am

Roger H wrote:
Didn't do the Batfest in the end, I got too involved in a golf tournament ( Thanks Fret I'm well addicted to WGT !!! ). Ended up watching 2012 again. I enjoyed it a bit more than the 1st time I watched it but it's still not very good !! John Cusack is NOT an Action hero !!!

Yeah, John Cusack is a bit 'wet' as an 'Action Hero'. Better of in comedy/drama's liek 'High Fidelity' etc.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:29 am

FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS----------Quite a depressing tale of how politicians twist and exaggerate an event to champion their own cause and how a gullible public falls for it hook, line and sinker. Do not watch if you're already feeling a bit down (like I was) it can really piss you off. Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:35 am

BROOKLYN'S FINEST----------------------A dark and sordid tale of corruption in the polce department and gang life in the crime centre of N.Y. Some good performances from Don Cheadle, Ethan Hawke, Wesley Snipes and a shocking, surprising, tough and gritty Richard Gere ( never seen him in a role like this before!)
Having said all that I found it a bit slow and ( for the 2nd film in a row ) very depressing. Maybe that's just me at the moment. I might come back to this in a few weeks time and give it another chance.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:42 am

Roger H wrote:
BROOKLYN'S FINEST----------------------A dark and sordid tale of corruption in the polce department and gang life in the crime centre of N.Y. Some good performances from Don Cheadle, Ethan Hawke, Wesley Snipes and a shocking, surprising, tough and gritty Richard Gere ( never seen him in a role like this before!)
Having said all that I found it a bit slow and ( for the 2nd film in a row ) very depressing. Maybe that's just me at the moment. I might come back to this in a few weeks time and give it another chance.

Go put Toy Story on! That'll brighten your mood. cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:51 am

I think you might be right !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:32 am

Roger I think you should avoid the dramas right now...I hear severe breaks release some marrow into your system and it can cause depression...Cartoons for you my friend!!!

I watched toy story 3 last night and it was really cute...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:34 am

Chrissy wrote:
Roger I think you should avoid the dramas right now...I hear severe breaks release some marrow into your system and it can cause depression...Cartoons for you my friend!!!

Did you cry?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:35 am

Chrissy wrote:

Oh Great !!! Cheer me up why don't you !!! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:38 am

oh don't feel bad..At least you have a good reason that will soon work its way out.....I can't yet find a way to get rid of mine... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:41 am

Chrissy wrote:
oh don't feel bad..At least you have a good reason that will soon work its way out.....I can't yet find a way to get rid of mine... Wink

group hug
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:42 am

Now you've made me feel even worse !!!! Can I get some of those hugs too Pete !!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 am

Roger H wrote:
Now you've made me feel even worse !!!! Can I get some of those hugs too Pete !!! Very Happy Very Happy
group hug cheers
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:44 am

ROGER.....No! cheer up.......all is good...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:46 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:57 am

MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL-----------------------I feel a lot better now !!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:15 am

THE LOST BOYS--------------------Very classy film. Great cast, soundtrack and some excellent dialogue... "Attack of Eddie Munster !!!". Oh, and some wicked Mullet action going on !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:45 am

that is one of the best movies...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
Page 22 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 36  Next