Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

Go down 
+6
exact33
Frethead
Matty35
RFFB
Chrissy
laxcdn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:59 am

Roger. H wrote:
TED.....................Absolutely ridiculous story of a man and his teddy bear. Coming from Seth Macfarlane you'd expect a fast paced laughter fest in the mode of Family Guy and American Dad, but it spends too much time setting up the next gag and so tends to drag from one joke to the next. It's not terrible but not as good as I was hoping. The novelty of a foul-mouthed, farting, drinking, womanising teddy wears off quite quickly and I found myself wishing he was not flame retardant and someone would leave him too near the fire. Glad I waited to buy this from a second hand shop and not pay full price for it. 5/10.

THE IMPOSSIBLE.........................A harrowing story about a family caught up in the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Ordinarily I would have called this a sappy unbelievable happy ending piece of shite. But this is all TRUE, this actually happened and is therefore an incredible story of survival, hope and the strength of the human spirit. Good performances from Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor and very good debut from Tom Holland as the oldest of their three sons. Worth a watch. 7/10.

Ted is AWESOME!!! I nearly peed my pants when we saw it in the cinema! 10/10 for me!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 am

Hmmmmm.:off yer trolley: 
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:10 am

TED----The Extended Version.------------- O.k you may be saying if you didn't like the theatrical version why watch this ? Well, my friend Pete thinks this is the dogs' gonads so I thought I'd give it a second chance. There is an extra scene with Johns' parents just before Ted reveals he's alive. The joke is so blatantly set up the punch line might as well have been written in neon letters 10 feet high with a blazing sledgehammer attached to it !! A scene where the villan (can't remember his name ) as a boy watches Ted on t.v and has his dreams crushed by his dad. This is referenced later in the film. A completely different explination for the shit in the living room. And a cat fight over the bouquet after the wedding.
That's it, I think. I really should like this as I love Family Guy and American Dad but this just leaves me cold. I must admit though the scenes with Sam J Jones in are pretty good. So once again I have to disagree with my buddy Pete. Still that's what makes the world go round.........cue song !!

P.S. 4/10 for it being a longer piece of crap.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:51 am

Roger. H wrote:
TED----The Extended Version.------------- O.k you may be saying if you didn't like the theatrical version why watch this ? Well, my friend Pete thinks this is the dogs' gonads so I thought I'd give it a second chance. There is an extra scene with Johns' parents just before Ted reveals he's alive. The joke is so blatantly set up the punch line might as well have been written in neon letters 10 feet high with a blazing sledgehammer attached to it !! A scene where the villan (can't remember his name ) as a boy watches Ted on t.v and has his dreams crushed by his dad. This is referenced later in the film. A completely different explination for the shit in the living room. And a cat fight over the bouquet after the wedding.
That's it, I think. I really should like this as I love Family Guy and American Dad but this just leaves me cold. I must admit though the scenes with Sam J Jones in are pretty good. So once again I have to disagree with my buddy Pete. Still that's what makes the world go round.........cue song !!

P.S. 4/10 for it being a longer piece of crap.Very Happy 

The 'Flash' scenes are the best!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:51 am

DESPICABLE ME.---------------- HOORAY !!! a comedy that's funny !!clap Really enjoyed this, loved all the characters, good story and it made me laugh. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 6:08 am

MAN OF STEEL---------------Never thought I'd be saying this but at last D.C have come up with the goods. A movie that reaches the heights of Avengers Assemble and then some !! The retelling of the origin goes into far more detail than ever and is all the better for it. Bringing Zod back as truely evil and obsessed has wiped the vision of the camp version of him of the '70s movie away for good. And finally we get a Superman who doesn't make me laugh. The best D.C movie ever !!! 10/10.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 3:24 am

Roger. H wrote:
MAN OF STEEL---------------Never thought I'd be saying this but at last D.C have come up with the goods. A movie that reaches the heights of Avengers Assemble and then some !! The retelling of the origin goes into far more detail than ever and is all the better for it. Bringing Zod back as truely evil and obsessed has wiped the vision of the camp version of him of the '70s movie away for good. And finally we get a Superman who doesn't make me laugh. The best D.C movie ever !!! 10/10.

Finally someone else who see the greatness in this movie!!

Shame the follow up is gonna be utter utter crap!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:21 am

Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, Rock of Ages!  cheer 
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:41 am

Pete wrote:

As Meatloaf says "Two outta three ain't bad".
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:21 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

As Meatloaf says "Two outta three ain't bad".

Yeah, Game of Shadows was a bit pooh!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:32 am

Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:12 am

I saw Rock of Ages and I couldnt sit through the entire thing I thought it was so awful!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Chrissy wrote:
I saw Rock of Ages and I couldnt sit through the entire thing I thought it was so awful!!

I know. It's appalling in a car crash can't take your eyes away way! Love it. Cheese factor 10 Mr Sulu!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:08 am

Has to be one of the worst films ever made.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Roger. H wrote:
Has to be one of the worst films ever made.

Better than Bula Quo!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:07 am

SHERLOCK-Series 3. ................. I got into this only because we bought the first two series cheap, I didn't watch it when it was on T.V. But I absolutely love it !! And the fact that there is only 3 episodes in each series makes it even more precious when you see them. Witty, intelligent, fast paced, brilliant acting, plots that twist and turn and double back on themselves and always leave you desperate for more. And with the way this series ends, I can't wait for series 4.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:36 pm

My brother got me Game of Thrones box set.

Good, but not really sure what all the fuss is about.

Lots of naked women which is always appreciated tho!

But also some naked men which isn't!!!

Love the gore tho...sliced n diced.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 6:11 am

THOR--THE DARK WORLD............................... I have to agree with Adam and Pete on this one. Although a good story and I think Chris Hemsworth plays Thor perfectly, it is slightly slow and (unusually for a film of this kind) a bit "wordy". The problem now is Marvel is trying to get a bit too clever by interweaving the Avengers story into all of the other character films (and even the Agents of.. series) and it's starting to get muddled and complicated, which is not what you (I) want from a Super Hero film. If you're not a Marvel fan, haven't seen all the movies or waited for all the after credit scenes you won't know what all the references are or what's going on. There's no real need for all these threads going off every which way, just have each character have adventures of their own and bring them together once in a while for a big Avengers caper.
Back to Thor TDW, good interaction between Hemsworth and Hiddleston (who, I think, plays Loki very well), the bickering and sarcasm between the step brothers is very amusing. And an unrecognisable Christopher Eccleston plays a good villain. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Jurassic Park. The little ones are loving this!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 3:53 pm

THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2---------Missed this at the cinema so was looking forward to the DVD release. I do prefer Andrew Garfield as Spidey but still find this "reimagining" hard to understand. Here we get The Green Goblin resurrected albeit in a different guise and to be honest not a patch on the first incarnations. Dane Dehaan doesn't grab me as Harry Osbourne and Jamie Foxx's Electro is, for me, totally wrong. The story itself is quite good and at least the demise of *Spoiler alert * !! Gwen Stacey was at least true to the comics. Also quite excited at the reference to The Sinister Six that may appear in the next movie, but then the brief appearance of Rhino at the end of the movie is pretty lame. So, all in all, a disappointing experience with some plus points. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 12:43 am

Roger. H wrote:
THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2---------Missed this at the cinema so was looking forward to the DVD release. I do prefer Andrew Garfield as Spidey but still find this "reimagining" hard to understand. Here we get The Green Goblin resurrected albeit in a different guise and to be honest not a patch on the first incarnations. Dane Dehaan doesn't grab me as Harry Osbourne and Jamie Foxx's Electro is, for me, totally wrong. The story itself is quite good and at least the demise of *Spoiler alert * !! Gwen Stacey was at least true to the comics. Also quite excited at the reference to The Sinister Six that may appear in the next movie, but then the brief appearance of Rhino at the end of the movie is pretty lame. So, all in all, a disappointing experience with some plus points. 6/10.

You give it 6???? I give it 4. Thought it was pretty poor. What we need is Andrew Garfield directed by Sam Raimi in a Marvel Films version!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 36 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
Page 36 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36