Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

Go down 
+6
exact33
Frethead
Matty35
RFFB
Chrissy
laxcdn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:23 pm

SHERLOCK HOLMES------------------- I really liked this !!! Shocked But being a bit of a Robert Downey Jr fan that's no surprise ! Good feel to the movie, kept up the pace quite well and good action sequences. All in all most enjoyable. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:00 pm

8 / 10 is a good review...I guess I'll have to check it out...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:10 am

Chrissy wrote:

I liked Sherlock Holmes. Was a good film.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I liked Sherlock Holmes. Was a good film.

I recall the neat multi-camera melee filming in that one. Always liked the Sherlock Holmes stories. Could give a rat's . . . for the CG crap, though.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:44 am

KISS at Rock in Ring, Germany, SONIC BOOM tour 2010!!!!!

Brilliant footage from the web cast... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:53 am

THE INFIDEL-------------------------Very funny, even Mrs H had to smile a few times !!!! Very Happy Very Happy But I do think they held back a bit, it could've been more outrageous !! Very Happy 7/10

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:15 am

Watched Soloman Kane on PPV the other day. It was ok. Now't to write home about tho.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:08 pm

THE ODD COUPLE--------------------Classic with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau, still makes me giggle and is a good " cheer yourself up movie ". ( Came free with a Sunday newspaper, now that's a bargain !!) 7/10
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 4:49 pm

LEGION --------------------------SHITE !!!!!!!!!.............................Nuff Said !!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:26 pm

PERCY JACKSON AND THE LIGHTNING THIEF--------------Once again taken by surprise by a movie I had little expectations for. Quite enjoyed this tale of the offspring of the Gods and their quests. Loved the fact that Hollywood is the gateway to Hades !!! Very Happy Very Happy 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Roger H wrote:
PERCY JACKSON AND THE LIGHTNING THIEF--------------Once again taken by surprise by a movie I had little expectations for. Quite enjoyed this tale of the offspring of the Gods and their quests. Loved the fact that Hollywood is the gateway to Hades !!! Very Happy Very Happy 7.5/10

I think we talked about this before...Tell me you didn't think Hades character was cast perfectly!!!!
Steve Coogan was just so funny!!! I loved it when he yells to Persephone:" What could possibly be taking so long? Don't ignore me!
Persephone: [yells back] Or what? What will you do?
Persephone: I'm already in Hell.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:46 pm

I put a movie in there, last night, drank two bottles of wine and smoked a cigar. I have no FN idea what the movie was. Took a shower which I don't recall, went to piss this morning, and my shorts were backwards! tongue lol! rock on lol! lol!

Last edited by Frethead on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:33 am

Roger H wrote:

I saw this on Sky Box office and totally agree with you.

Steve Coogan was great as Lucy...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:39 am

Frethead wrote:
I put a movie in there, last night, drank two bottles of wine and smoked a cigar. I have no FN idea what the movie was. Took a shower which I don't recall, went to piss this morning, and my shorts were backwards! tongue lol! rock on lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 1:56 pm

David Gilmour - Live at Gdansk thums up
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:13 am

UP IN THE AIR-----------------------George Cloney flying 'round the States firing people...............................that's it..........no really that is it !!! Sleep 2/10
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:06 pm

KISS KISS BANG BANG--------------------My old friend Robert Downey Jr again in a very funny and fast moving murder mystery. Good support from Val Kilmer as a gay detective. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:24 am

Prince of Persia - Sands of Time - very much in the PotC & The Mummy vein. Decent little film with a bulked up Jake Gylenhaal for the ladies and Gemma Arterton the for the gents.

8/10
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:44 am

I wanted to see that..Glad to here its in the Mummy relm..I think i'll have to check it out
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:44 pm

THE LOVELY BONES--------------------------I was looking forward to this but as usual was disappointed with this over sentimentalised claptrap !! Mad 3/10
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:20 pm

I avoided the movie because I have read and loved the book..The book is really good....So now that I hear it from you I will avoid the movie at all costs!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Shocked No, don't take my word for it !! Watch it, you may love it. Everybody has different opinions.........Thank God !!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:26 pm

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO----------------Absolutely stunningly brilliant !!!! Intriguing and sometimes graphically brutal this murder mystery kept me enthralled from start to finish. I watched the Swedish version with subtitles but there is an option of an English translation for those of you who don't like to read their movies. Very Happy 9/10
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:19 am

Roger H wrote:
THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO----------------Absolutely stunningly brilliant !!!! Intriguing and sometimes graphically brutal this murder mystery kept me enthralled from start to finish. I watched the Swedish version with subtitles but there is an option of an English translation for those of you who don't like to read their movies. Very Happy 9/10

In accordance with your last two reviews, Roger, I must say that I watched The Lovely Bones and the The Lady with the Dragon Tattoo in the same sitting, a while ago, and I agree with you on both accounts! We saw the subtitled version of The Lady . . . I had difficulty wrestling myself away from it, though, I did get up to refill my tea after she used the dude as a meat sickle.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:09 am

Roger must read the books!!!!! The girl with the dragon tattoo is just a fantastic read!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
Page 19 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next