Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:32 am

Roger. H wrote:
THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL.----------------------Stevie made me watch this and I'm glad she did. A joyful slice of British cinema with a stellar cast. Maggie Smith steals the show but the other main characters all do their bit to make this a very enjoyable film. The only down point (there has to be one) is Bill Nighy, his performances are rapidly becoming very similar. Is he taking over the Hugh Grant role of being the same in every film he does ?? 9/10.

A film about a bunch of British pensioners? No thanks!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:16 am

WAR HORSE---------------------------Spielberg tugs at the heartstrings yet again with this tale of a horse's lost and found adventures across war torn France. I so much wanted to hate this but gradually found myself more engrossed in it. Glad I didn't see it at the movies but not a bad Sunday afternoon film with your feet up and a glass of wine. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:50 am

Roger. H wrote:
WAR HORSE---------------------------Spielberg tugs at the heartstrings yet again with this tale of a horse's lost and found adventures across war torn France. I so much wanted to hate this but gradually found myself more engrossed in it. Glad I didn't see it at the movies but not a bad Sunday afternoon film with your feet up and a glass of wine. 7/10.

I want to see it. i heard the play was tremendous
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:03 am

Roger. H wrote:

Just to stay in keeping with recent posts...

It's crap! And I haven't seen it!!!!... lol! lol! lol!

I jest of course... cheesin'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:27 am

happy boy happy boy happy boy At least you're consistent !!! thums up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:39 am

ROCK OF AGES---------------Utter utter utter utter SHITE !!!!!!!! Probably the worst film I've ever seen. Story line is obvious and predictable, none of the characters are likeable, acting (at best) is dubious and certainly none of them can sing while trying to murder 80's rock standards. Thank God I didn't waste my time and money going to see the stage show. One for the car boot pile and never to be watched again. Dosen't deserve a rating but gets half a point for the KISS logo on the cover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:52 am

Roger. H wrote:
ROCK OF AGES---------------Utter utter utter utter SHITE !!!!!!!! Probably the worst film I've ever seen. Story line is obvious and predictable, none of the characters are likeable, acting (at best) is dubious and certainly none of them can sing while trying to murder 80's rock standards. Thank God I didn't waste my time and money going to see the stage show. One for the car boot pile and never to be watched again. Dosen't deserve a rating but gets half a point for the KISS logo on the cover.

Hahahahhaahaha. The film is indeed awful! Go see the musical instead. Much more fun!

If you own it I'll give you £1.00 for it... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:56 am

If we're going to the NEC I'll bring it with me and you can have it if you buy me a pint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:58 am

Roger. H wrote:
If we're going to the NEC I'll bring it with me and you can have it if you buy me a pint.

Deal! (As long as it's got the extra stuff with Def Leppard on it as that's the only reaon I want it).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Deal! (As long as it's got the extra stuff with Def Leppard on it as that's the only reaon I want it).

It says Def Leppard Live at the Premiere on the extras list. Another reason to get rid of it !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:05 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

It says Def Leppard Live at the Premiere on the extras list. Another reason to get rid of it !!!

Sorted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 pm

I saw rock of ages on the plane
It was the worst film I have ever seen. Ever!!!!
I tried watching it twice and i couldnt do it had to turn it off...

unreal it was so bad..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:15 am

Chrissy wrote:
I saw rock of ages on the plane
It was the worst film I have ever seen. Ever!!!!
I tried watching it twice and i couldnt do it had to turn it off...

unreal it was so bad..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It's so bad it's good in a bad way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:38 am

honostly it wasnt even worth that....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:21 am

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE--------------From the ridculous to the sublime !! Without a doubt THE best superhero movie ever made, so far. Yes, you can have the classy dark and sombre Dark Knight that gets as close to the feel of the comics as any film before but THIS IS WHAT WE WANT !!!! Our heros bashing and smashing their way through the baddies in awesome action sequences and with an intelligent and humourous script that has you gripped and smiling.
"He's a God and my brother"
"But he's killed 80 people in two days"
"He's adopted !" .........................................10/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:47 am

Roger. H wrote:
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE--------------From the ridculous to the sublime !! Without a doubt THE best superhero movie ever made, so far. Yes, you can have the classy dark and sombre Dark Knight that gets as close to the feel of the comics as any film before but THIS IS WHAT WE WANT !!!! Our heros bashing and smashing their way through the baddies in awesome action sequences and with an intelligent and humourous script that has you gripped and smiling.
"He's a God and my brother"
"But he's killed 80 people in two days"
"He's adopted !" .........................................10/10.

This will be on the Christmas list for one of us...I may even invest in a blu-ray player over the festive period as there's more on Blu-rays these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:49 am

And bluray discs are getting cheaper too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 am

Roger. H wrote:
And bluray discs are getting cheaper too.

Precisely. I don't get these people who MUST HAVE the latest technology as soon as it's available! Wait a bit for it to become more reasonable priced...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 am

THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU--------------Surprisingly enjoyable romp with Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. A bit confusing at first but as the plot unfolded I warmed to the characters and story. Based on a novel by Phillip K Dick (who inspired BladeRunner) but it also reminded me of a Stephen King story. 8/10

CONAN THE BARBARIAN------------------ I seem to remember young Pete not liking this take on the Robrt E Howard Cimerian anti-hero. But, as usual, I have to disagree. I Really liked the look and atmosphere it created and a lot of the panoramic scenes really captured the essence of the Marvel comics I loved when I was a kid. The battle scenes with the brutality and splashing blood also managed to recreate the artwork of one of my favourite Marvel artists, John Buscema. His vision of Conan is the one I always visualize when I read the Conan novels. Jason Mamoa is a more convincing Conan than the comedy version Mr. Schwarzenegger gave us in the 80's and the story also satisfies with Khlar Zym as the evil villan of the piece. 8/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:58 am

Roger. H wrote:

CONAN THE BARBARIAN------------------ I seem to remember young Pete not liking this take on the Robrt E Howard Cimerian anti-hero. But, as usual, I have to disagree. I Really liked the look and atmosphere it created and a lot of the panoramic scenes really captured the essence of the Marvel comics I loved when I was a kid. The battle scenes with the brutality and splashing blood also managed to recreate the artwork of one of my favourite Marvel artists, John Buscema. His vision of Conan is the one I always visualize when I read the Conan novels. Jason Mamoa is a more convincing Conan than the comedy version Mr. Schwarzenegger gave us in the 80's and the story also satisfies with Khlar Zym as the evil villan of the piece. 8/10

We only watched it because of Jason Momoa. Sorry...Ruth only watched it because of him! It was ok, but nothing special. I think we watched this around the time we watched 'Horrible Bosses'. Now that was shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 pm

House of the Flying Daggers...great film

Loved seeing it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:52 am

THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN--------------------When I first heard about this "re imagining" of Spidey I did have grave reservations and wondered what was the point. Still don't know why we had to have the origin all over again, especially as they have changed the story and is nothing like the true origin (see Spiderman for how it is supposed to be) it could just have been the next episode/adventure with a new actor as our hero. Having said all that I did enjoy the story of the battle with The Lizard. Rhys Ifans played Curt Conners quite well and I have to say that I prefer Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker than Toby Maguire. All in all not a bad Marvel film but not the best. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:26 am

Captain America & Thor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:39 am

Iron Man II... pretty good but not as much action as I expected. Starts good, lulls in the middle and kinda picks up again towards the end. Needed more bad guy fighting good guy scenes for me tho. Still, very enjoyable... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:16 am

RFFB wrote:
Iron Man II... pretty good but not as much action as I expected. Starts good, lulls in the middle and kinda picks up again towards the end. Needed more bad guy fighting good guy scenes for me tho. Still, very enjoyable... Very Happy

Funnily enough we watched this last night too. I don't see why this get such a bad rap. Much prefer to the first film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 34 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next