Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

Go down 
+6
exact33
Frethead
Matty35
RFFB
Chrissy
laxcdn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:01 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Iron Man II... pretty good but not as much action as I expected. Starts good, lulls in the middle and kinda picks up again towards the end. Needed more bad guy fighting good guy scenes for me tho. Still, very enjoyable... Very Happy

Funnily enough we watched this last night too. I don't see why this get such a bad rap. Much prefer to the first film.

You've had a bit of a Marvel fest recently. Good lad !!! thums up
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:02 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Iron Man II... pretty good but not as much action as I expected. Starts good, lulls in the middle and kinda picks up again towards the end. Needed more bad guy fighting good guy scenes for me tho. Still, very enjoyable... Very Happy

Funnily enough we watched this last night too. I don't see why this get such a bad rap. Much prefer to the first film.

You've had a bit of a Marvel fest recently. Good lad !!! thums up

Still got The Avengers & X:Men First Class (£3 in HMV!!) to go...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 am

TED

I love this film. So fucking funny!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:47 pm

DARK SHADOWS---------------I seem to remember young Pete didn't rate this, guess what, I really liked it !!! Classic Tim Burton look and feel, liked the story, thought Johnny Depp pulled off a great character with equal amounts of camp and menace, a good supporting cast with some scary and funny moments. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:52 am

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance -----------------Straight to dvd follow-up to the dire Ghost Rider. Only picked this up because it was less than a fiver in Asda. And what a surprise it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. A close second to being one of the worse of the recent Marvel movies (interestingly released under the Marvel Knights monika not Marvel Studios) but I found this watchable as Nicholas Cage just looses all inhibition and plays the Ghost Rider as it should be i.e just out and out maniacal. Wild eyes and satanic cackling every time he transforms into the Devils henchman. Not one I'll watch again and again but it will take it's place in my ever growing Marvel dvd collection. 5/10
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:06 am

THE BOURNE LEGACY--------------------It has taken me 3 watchings of this to make head or tail of it. Finally it sort of clicks when you realise this story runs in parallel to the Bourne Identity movie. So watch this as a stand alone movie, and not a sequel, and it makes a bit more sense, just. If you can get over all the confusion and enjoy the second half when the real action starts you might enjoy it the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time you watch it. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 2:44 pm

FRANKENWEENIE------------------------Absolutely loved it and bawled my eyes out...........................go figure !!!??? 10/10.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:46 am

SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN.-----------------------This movie proves Kristen Stewart cannot act, Charlize Theron did it for the cheque, Chris Hemsworth should stick to carrying a hammer not an axe and Bob Hoskins, Ian McShane, Ray Winstone and Nick Frost all should have known better. Truely awful. 1/10.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:46 am

Roger. H wrote:
SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN.-----------------------This movie proves Kristen Stewart cannot act, Charlize Theron did it for the cheque, Chis Hemsworth should stick to carrying a hammer not an axe and Bob Hoskins, Ian McShane, Ray Winstone and Nick Frost all should have known better. Truely awful. 1/10.

So you liked it then?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:48 am

I'd rather watch Rock of Ages again than have to suffer this again.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:49 am

Roger. H wrote:

Speaking of which.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:54 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Oh yeah !! I'm supposed to give you my dvd. In exchange for 4 pints wasn't it ?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:59 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Oh yeah !! I'm supposed to give you my dvd. In exchange for 4 pints wasn't it ?? scratch

Two Pints & a packet of crisps!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:06 am

Two pints and a bar snack of my choice (to be determined on the day)
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:09 am

Roger. H wrote:
Two pints and a bar snack of my choice (to be determined on the day)

Hmmm... let's hope the bar doesn't have lobster on the menu! I can get this for a £5 from HMV but thought I'd take your copy off your hands...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:12 am

You're lucky, our HMV has closed down.............and I don't like lobster.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 am

After being given free tickets for a "friends and family" evening at Harry Potter World ( Stevie has a friend that works there), we have been revisiting the movies. Watched the first five, The Half Blood Prince is next. See previous reviews, my opinions haven't changed.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:55 am

Roger. H wrote:
After being given free tickets for a "friends and family" evening at Harry Potter World ( Stevie has a friend that works there), we have been revisiting the movies. Watched the first five, The Half Blood Prince is next. See previous reviews, my opinions haven't changed.

Friends & Family evening sounds interesting.

You didn't like HBP if I recall?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:46 am

Pete wrote:

It's just the staff get free tickets for the tour to give to friends and family every now and then. Nothing special or extra laid on except you get a free butter beer in exchange for your ticket stub.........I declined this offer !!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:48 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

It's just the staff get free tickets for the tour to give to friends and family every now and then. Nothing special or extra laid on except you get a free butter beer in exchange for your ticket stub.........I declined this offer !!

Free Butter beer? And you declined?!?!?!? Do you not want a sugar rush all evening??!?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:51 am

I think one butter beer in a lifetime is enough !!yuk 
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:52 am

Roger. H wrote:
I think one butter beer in a lifetime is enough !!yuk 

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

How about if they added some whiskey to the mix?drunken 
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:56 am

How about they just gave you the whiskey and cut out all the whipped cream and shite.

I've suggested that the tour should have an adults only bar called the Leaky Cauldron away from the tour where parents can escape for a while.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:58 am

Roger. H wrote:
How about they just gave you the whiskey and cut out all the whipped cream and shite.

I've suggested that the tour should have an adults only bar called the Leaky Cauldron away from the tour where parents can escape for a while.

Now that's a plan! See you in the Leaky Cauldron. Hmmm..I wonder if WB would be interested in a chain of these around the country..
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:42 am

TED.....................Absolutely ridiculous story of a man and his teddy bear. Coming from Seth Macfarlane you'd expect a fast paced laughter fest in the mode of Family Guy and American Dad, but it spends too much time setting up the next gag and so tends to drag from one joke to the next. It's not terrible but not as good as I was hoping. The novelty of a foul-mouthed, farting, drinking, womanising teddy wears off quite quickly and I found myself wishing he was not flame retardant and someone would leave him too near the fire. Glad I waited to buy this from a second hand shop and not pay full price for it. 5/10.

THE IMPOSSIBLE.........................A harrowing story about a family caught up in the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Ordinarily I would have called this a sappy unbelievable happy ending piece of shite. But this is all TRUE, this actually happened and is therefore an incredible story of survival, hope and the strength of the human spirit. Good performances from Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor and very good debut from Tom Holland as the oldest of their three sons. Worth a watch. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
Page 35 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next