Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

Go down 
+6
exact33
Frethead
Matty35
RFFB
Chrissy
laxcdn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:52 pm

PRINCE OF PERSIA ( SANDS OF TIME )----------------Thoroughly enjoyed this yarn. I know some of you have seen it so wont go into detailed review. 7.5/10.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:00 pm

I hated that film!!! I tried to watch it on the plane and it was so boring I had to shut it off....
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:10 pm

All I remember is Jake was pumped up. :Marys Drool: And good with his sword. :rolling laughter:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:41 am

Roger H wrote:
PRINCE OF PERSIA ( SANDS OF TIME )----------------Thoroughly enjoyed this yarn. I know some of you have seen it so wont go into detailed review. 7.5/10.

I think I gave it 7/10.
I too enjoyed it. Gemma Arterton was very pleasing to the eye...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:32 am

DEXTER-SEASON 1- PILOT EPISODE--------------------I'd never heard of this until it was recommended to me by one of my Canadian friends, so I had a look on play.com and there it was, £9.99 for the 1st series. Watched the pilot episode last night and I'm hooked. Trouble is I see that there are at least 4 seasons, this could get expensive !!! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:39 am

I have heard the Dexter series was good. I watched the 6feet under series and now everytime I see the actor who played Dexter I see the really gay mortician!!!
enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Predators Sleep
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:10 am

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO--------------------When I first saw this I absolutely loved it. Since then I have read the book, and now having watched it again, the film is a little disappointing !!! There is so much missed out it's unbelievable. Tip....Either watch the film and love it, or read the book and love it, You can't do both. Before reading 9/10.....after reading 6/10.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:09 am

Roger H wrote:
THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO--------------------When I first saw this I absolutely loved it. Since then I have read the book, and now having watched it again, the film is a little disappointing !!! There is so much missed out it's unbelievable. Tip....Either watch the film and love it, or read the book and love it, You can't do both. Before reading 9/10.....after reading 6/10.
That is a major problem with films made from a book...they rarely stay true to the actual book.

remember The Towering Inferno, the film? They lived, mostly! In the book...they don't!!!! I loved this film, and still do, and I decided to get the book many years ago. I remember getting near the end and thinking 'hmm, they dont have much time to get these people out!'...that's cos they didnt!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:52 pm

Iron Man 2 Sleep
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:01 am

Rev wrote:
Iron Man 2 Sleep
Really?

crap...I was gonna go get this soon.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:05 am

RFFB wrote:
Rev wrote:
Iron Man 2 Sleep
Really?

Crap is what the Rev is talking !!!! This is an AWESOME movie !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Here's what I said when it came out.................................

Subject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies? Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from watching IRON MAN 2...............Possibly the best " superhero " film I've seen ( and I've seen plenty !!!) Great storyline, great effects, great acting ( o.k. Mr Rourke's Russian accent is a bit suss ) and of course Great soundtrack. Perfect popcorn, leave your brain at the box office movie, go see. 10/10
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:26 am

Roger H wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Rev wrote:
Iron Man 2 Sleep
Really?

Crap is what the Rev is talking !!!! This is an AWESOME movie !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Here's what I said when it came out.................................

Subject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies? Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from watching IRON MAN 2...............Possibly the best " superhero " film I've seen ( and I've seen plenty !!!) Great storyline, great effects, great acting ( o.k. Mr Rourke's Russian accent is a bit suss ) and of course Great soundtrack. Perfect popcorn, leave your brain at the box office movie, go see. 10/10

It's ok, but it's Marvel which sways you...give me The Dark Knight anytime!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:42 am

I agree The Dark Knight is better. But I wouldn't say a movie is good just because it's a Marvel adaptation. There are some absolutely shite Marvel movies ( Ghost Rider, Electra not to mention some of the awful attempts back in the 70's and 80's) but they are outweighed by the good ones (X-Men, Spidey, FF, Hulk ) I am just a Comic Book fan, if it's good I'll read it or watch the movie. Doesn't matter if it's Marvel, D.C, Dark Horse, Mcfarlane....whoever. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:46 am

Roger H wrote:
I agree The Dark Knight is better. But I wouldn't say a movie is good just because it's a Marvel adaptation. There are some absolutely shite Marvel movies ( Ghost Rider, Electra not to mention some of the awful attempts back in the 70's and 80's) but they are outweighed by the good ones (X-Men, Spidey, FF, Hulk ) I am just a Comic Book fan, if it's good I'll read it or watch the movie. Doesn't matter if it's Marvel, D.C, Dark Horse, Mcfarlane....whoever. Very Happy

Spidey 1 & 2 - Ok
Spidey 3 - Shite!
FF1 - Average
FF2 - Slightly above average but that's down to the Silver Surfer.
Hulk - SHITE!
Incredible Hulk - OK.
Ghost Rider/Elektra - never seen em.
Daredevil - better that expected.
X-men/-men 2 - FANTASTIC.
X-Men 3 - Shite!
Wolverine - Average.
tongue
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:00 am

I'm a bit fearful of the up and coming THOR movie. This has all the potential of being a huge pile of poo ! affraid Then again I was never a THOR fan, except when he blew up those hot water bottles !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:04 am

Roger H wrote:
I'm a bit fearful of the up and coming THOR movie. This has all the potential of being a huge pile of poo ! affraid Then again I was never a THOR fan, except when he blew up those hot water bottles !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Let's see. Next year there's Thor, Spider-man (the reboot), Green Hornet, Captain America, Green Lantern.

Out of these I can only see one of them being fantastic, the rest either being average or a pile of poo.

Problen with Comic Book hero films is the first one has to be an origin film, tied to an additional storyline which usually doesn't work that well (exceptions being Spider-man,Superman, Batman Begins). Plus it also helps if you're a massive geek and get the 'in' jokes!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:16 am

Good point about the Origin problem. Why do we have to have that ? Why can't we just go straight in, get on with the adventure and action. Who cares how you got like that ? Just get on with clobbering the bad guys !!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:18 am

Roger H wrote:
Good point about the Origin problem. Why do we have to have that ? Why can't we just go straight in, get on with the adventure and action. Who cares how you got like that ? Just get on with clobbering the bad guys !!!! Very Happy

Because studio's/filmakers think we need to know this stuff. It can done well (see my examples Oh and Iron man), but usually it takes half the film to explain to the audience what's going on and then the rest of the film is a rushed mess!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:28 am

Anyway, back to the thread.............DEXTER--Episodes 2-5-------------Really loving this totally warped concept !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:30 am

Roger H wrote:
Anyway, back to the thread.............DEXTER--Episodes 2-5-------------Really loving this totally warped concept !!! Very Happy

Is Julia Benz in this? :Marys Drool: :drooling:

She is AWESOME (for a blonde!)
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:18 am

Yes she is.

STEPHEN KING'S ROSE RED----------------------Watched the 1st of the 2 discs. A bit of a slow starter but is gaining pace nicely. I'll give my final verdict when it's over.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:33 am

I liked Rose red...hang in till the end
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:43 am

EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP-------------A documentary by the artist BANKSY about Thierry Guetta, a film maker who follows street artists around filming their exploits, who then becomes a successful artist himself. Is this real or is it just a hoax created by Banksy and just another one of his works. No one seems to know but it adds to the Banksy legend. Real or not I found the movie fascinating and enjoyable. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 4:36 am

Chrissy wrote:
I liked Rose red...hang in till the end

Watched the 2nd disc, not too shabby. The effects were typical T.V. series standard but that really didn't matter. Once again totally different from the book ( I assume this is based on Rose Madder ?), liked the cameo from Mr King and was pleased that Joyce got her comeuppance. Twisted Evil Yeah, kept me entertained so it gets 7/10. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
Page 21 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next