Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

Go down 
+6
exact33
Frethead
Matty35
RFFB
Chrissy
laxcdn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:58 am

THE PACIFIC-------------Parts 1-4--------------------Bit of a slow starter this, although we are getting to know the main characters quite well. Has the same atmoshpere and style as Band of Brothers ( well it would, it's made by the same people ) but hasn't, as yet, got the gritty action and battle scenes. Been a few night skirmishes but the cinematography and lighting leaves a lot to your imagination. I guess that's how it was fighting in a pitch black jungle.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:24 am

THE PACIFIC---------Parts 5-10....................Picked up quite a bit on the battle front. It's amazing how anybody survived. Well worth a watch and the extras disc is very moving too as we get to meet some of the real men the story was based on. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:38 am

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN----------------------After getting trough The Pacific I thought I'd watch the film that spawned it. I'm sure you've all seen it so I won't bother with the outline. A very moving tale. I'm going to revisit Band of Brothers next. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:43 am

Roger. H wrote:
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN----------------------After getting trough The Pacific I thought I'd watch the film that spawned it. I'm sure you've all seen it so I won't bother with the outline. A very moving tale. I'm going to revisit Band of Brothers next. 9/10.

Shaving Private Ryan is quite good too... yes I know pig pig cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:56 am

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Secretariat, Case 39, Stone.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:54 am

BAND OF BROTHERS---------------------------Superb series. Much prefer this to The Pacific as it just concentrates on the soldiers and doesn't have the distraction of love interest and civilian life. I particularly like the opening of each episode with the real men the series is about talking about their experiences and memories of the events depicted in that episode. 10/10

As a footnote, I would love to see a series of this calibre about the exploits of the British forces. The Americans didn't win WWII all on their own !!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:57 am

Roger. H wrote:
BAND OF BROTHERS---------------------------Superb series. Much prefer this to The Pacific as it just concentrates on the soldiers and doesn't have the distraction of love interest and civilian life. I particularly like the opening of each episode with the real men the series is about talking about their experiences and memories of the events depicted in that episode. 10/10

As a footnote, I would love to see a series of this calibre about the exploits of the British forces. The Americans didn't win WWII all on their own !!!

Hmm....History vs Hollywood. Well I like History, but I like Hollywood. Which one is best? There's only one way to find out..... FIGHT!!

cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 am

No point, Hollywood will change the result.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:23 am

Roger. H wrote:
No point, Hollywood will change the result.
happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:02 am

OIL CITY CONFIDENTIAL------------------Documentary about the criminally underrated band Dr Feelgood. Wilco Johson and friends take us through the beginnings of the band on Cavey Island to fame and aurguments and tragedy. Very worth while having a look at this, Wilco is an absolute nutter but very funny and there are some great stories told. My only beef is that there isn't enough footage of the Feelgoods on stage. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 am

RED----------------------------As much as it grieves me to admit it, this being a DC movie and all, I loved this film !!! Great actors, great action and a good story. The time flew by while I was watching it. It could've gone on for another hour and it would still be too short. Brilliant. 10/10.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 am

I thought Red was so funny........"Wanna go for pancakes?" the casting for this movie was so perfect....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 am

Is this the one with John Malkovich, Helen Mirren etc in it?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:10 am

Pete wrote:
Is this the one with John Malkovich, Helen Mirren etc in it?

Yes, and I can highly recommend it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:19 am

RESIDENT EVIL- AFTERLIFE --------------------- Yes I know I shouldn't be wasting my time watching this, but I've seen (own Embarassed ) the first 3, so I had to see what hapeens next. And I will also watch the 5th one in the series when it comes out, as well. No, there is no hope for me !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 am

Family Guy - Season 9.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 am

I watched Red Dragon last night

I had read the book years ago...and have always been a fan of Silence of the Lambs.
I toltally forgot this was made into a movie until I watched it last night. The book was hard for me to grasp at time so the movie was easier to follow. Plus I just love Ed Norton and he was fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:11 am

VAN HELSING-----------------------Spectacular piece of nonsense, so stuffed with C.G.I it may as well been a cartoon !! But kept me entertained while I was waiting to make Stevie's breakfast and lunch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:51 am

Roger. H wrote:
VAN HELSING-----------------------Spectacular piece of nonsense, so stuffed with C.G.I it may as well been a cartoon !! But kept me entertained while I was waiting to make Stevie's breakfast and lunch. Very Happy

We've seen that. I thought it was ok, nothing special but entertaining enough. Directed by the fella who did The Mummy movies I think?

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:05 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

We've seen that. I thought it was ok, nothing special but entertaining enough. Directed by the fella who did The Mummy movies I think?

Any film with Kate Beckinsale in tight leather is alright by me. Very Happy Very Happy yummy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:10 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Any film with Kate Beckinsale in tight leather is alright by me. Very Happy Very Happy yummy

I forgot she was in it.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:32 am

SEX AND THE CITY II-------------------It wasn't my idea !!!!!! After going to work Friday evening I got home at 3.15am woke Stevie up, had showers and breakfast, drove to Luton, arrived there 7.30am, checked the house out ( No burglaries, yippee!!) tidied the garden, bit of dusting and hoovering, left the house and dropped Stevie off at Watford so she could visit a friend, I drove to Enfield to complete a deal with Niteworker that we had made the week earlier, drove back to Watford to pick Stevie up( literally as she had shared a bottle of wine with said friend ) at 1.30pm, drove back to dorset and arrived at 4.45pm, stopped at Blockbusters where a recently awakened Stevie insisted on SATC2, picked up Thai takeaway, stopped off at the Illchester Arms because I F***ing deserved a pint or two, got home, ate takeaway sat down to watch dvd, Stevie promptly fell asleep again and I was left to watch the steaming pile of crap that is Sex And The City 2.
The End.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:35 am

Roger. H wrote:
SEX AND THE CITY II-------------------It wasn't my idea !!!!!! After going to work Friday evening I got home at 3.15am woke Stevie up, had showers and breakfast, drove to Luton, arrived there 7.30am, checked the house out ( No burglaries, yippee!!) tidied the garden, bit of dusting and hoovering, left the house and dropped Stevie off at Watford so she could visit a friend, I drove to Enfield to complete a deal with Niteworker that we had made the week earlier, drove back to Watford to pick Stevie up( literally as she had shared a bottle of wine with said friend ) at 1.30pm, drove back to dorset and arrived at 4.45pm, stopped at Blockbusters where a recently awakened Stevie insisted on SATC2, picked up Thai takeaway, stopped off at the Illchester Arms because I F***ing deserved a pint or two, got home, ate takeaway sat down to watch dvd, Stevie promptly fell asleep again and I was left to watch the steaming pile of crap that is Sex And The City 2.
The End.

Not recommend then?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:43 am

It really was bad........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
Page 29 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32 ... 36  Next