Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Concerts Coming Up?

Go down 
+7
Marty
laxcdn
Rev
Shelby
RAZOR777
'Scope
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 am

Went to see UFO last night. It was o.k nice to hear some of the classics live ( Let it Roll, Lights Out, Rock Bottom, Doctor Doctor, Love to Love, etc) and even some of the tracks off of the new album sound good, Wonderland (I think it was called) stood out. Phil's voice is a lot lower nowadays, which isn't a bad thing. Andy still thumps the drums like a brickie and poor old Paul shuffles about like an old man who has lost his way around the hospital ward. Of course the star of the show is Vinnie Moore. His energy, enthusiasm and talent lifted and saved the show for me. He is worth the ticket price alone.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Just checked out the UFO setlist and have to say it's not the best. They are playing Wolves next Friday and I was thinking of going but I think I'll pass. Again another band I'd rather keep my memories of and they don't seem to be doing anything from the Paul Chapman days, which is shame cos they did some brilliant albums with him.

IF they'd been doin No Place To Run/ Hot n Ready/ The Writer/ Wild, Willing & The Innocent I'd have been much more inclined to go.

Oh well, £20 saved for items at the NEC the next day!!! (if it is the next day that is!!!?)
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:04 pm

RFFB wrote:

Oh well, £20 saved for items at the NEC the next day!!! (if it is the next day that is!!!?)

Next Saturday !!!! cheer Really looking forward to meeting up with you guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:07 am

Roger. H wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Next Saturday !!!! cheer Really looking forward to meeting up with you guys. Very Happy

Steel Panther on their SOLD OUT tour of the UK in Manchester on Friday night!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:15 pm

One less to go to now. Sad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:18 am

Roger. H wrote:
One less to go to now. Sad

Two (??) more from Friday...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 am

Steel Panther rocked!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:13 am

GARBAGE!!!

woo hoo!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:40 am

Not a concert but a very special rock related event on Sunday. I'm not allowed to say what it is, but I'm very honoured to be invited. I shall reveal all on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Roger. H wrote:
Not a concert but a very special rock related event on Sunday. I'm not allowed to say what it is, but I'm very honoured to be invited. I shall reveal all on Monday.

Oooh...mysterious!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Oooh...mysterious!

My sister worked for a very famous innovator who died recently and she's been invited to his memorial/tribute gathering and she was allowed one guest (me !!).
There should be lots of faces there. Quite excited really. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:14 am

This is where I was yesterday afternon/evening. It was a really nice occasion, lots of speeches and tributes to the great man and a bit of swing music at the end. Nicko Mcbrain was the Greeter/ Master of Ceremonies and was very funny and very approachable, had a long chat with him and discovered we used to use the same cafe in Muswell Hill in the mid 80's but never ran into each other.

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 00411

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:51 am

Awesome. Meet anyone other than Nicko? Sooty perhaps?Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:51 am

No not really, mostly people from the 60's/70's and Jazz people and a lot of personal friends of Jim Marshall. Quite a few I didn't recognise, but the ones I did were Chas Hodges, Gordon Giltrap, Cleo Laine, Jess Conrad and a few others that I should have known but just couldn't drag their names out from my brain. They did have a video loop thing going while we were having lunch and drinks and among the people paying tribute were Ace Frehley and Bruce Kulick along with Zakk Wylde, Dave Mustaine, Alice Cooper, Pete Townsend.......Etc.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:11 am

Roger. H wrote:
No not really, mostly people from the 60's/70's and Jazz people and a lot of personal friends of Jim Marshall. Quite a few I didn't recognise, but the ones I did were Chas Hodges, Gordon Giltrap, Cleo Laine, Jess Conrad and a few others that I should have known but just couldn't drag their names out from my brain. They did have a video loop thing going while we were having lunch and drinks and among the people paying tribute were Ace Frehley and Bruce Kulick along with Zakk Wylde, Dave Mustaine, Alice Cooper, Pete Townsend.......Etc.

Fair enough. Sounds like it was a nice send off for him anyway...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:10 am

very cool
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 am

Went to see Nickelback, Seether, Bush, My Darkest Days tonight. In a word. AWSOME. Definitely a great time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 am

Rev wrote:
Went to see Nickelback, Seether, Bush, My Darkest Days tonight. In a word. AWSOME. Definitely a great time. Smile

very cool line up!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:22 am

Rev wrote:
Bush!

Didn't know they were still going! Saw them years ago and was very impressed
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:23 am

RFFB wrote:
Rev wrote:
Bush!

Didn't know they were still going! Saw them years ago and was very impressed

They are still rockin!

Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:02 am

Rev wrote:
They are still rockin!

Very cool!!!

They are one of those bands that never really meant much over here but you Americans seemed to really get.

I should check out more of their stuff as, like I said, I didn't even know they were still goin...
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Some shots from the show.

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0774

Gavin walked through the crowd during a song and was right next to me...pretty cool Smile

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0795

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0796

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0779

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0769

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0808

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0830

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0845

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0819

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0765

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0761

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 DSCN0763
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:54 pm

GREAT PICS!!!!!

I like the stage set up!!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks! Yeah it was done really well I thought too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 pm

very cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Concerts Coming Up?
Page 18 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next