Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Concerts Coming Up?

Go down 
+7
Marty
laxcdn
Rev
Shelby
RAZOR777
'Scope
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:09 am

Sounds interesting. Didn't they do something similar with Sinatra ?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:10 am

Roger. H wrote:
Sounds interesting. Didn't they do something similar with Sinatra ?

Possibly. Rather see this than some two bit Elvis impersonator. Quite like Elvis.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 am

Depends on which era Elvis it is. I love the '68 comeback special.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:14 am

Roger. H wrote:
Depends on which era Elvis it is. I love the '68 comeback special.

Yeah...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 pm

GnR are touring...

and does anybody fuckin care?

Fuck off Axl...you ruined a once great band... :the finger:
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:20 pm

GnR are not touring..Axle is a big dork!! no one likes you Axle!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:56 am

Elvis on Friday was brilliant. Very well done indeed and it's something Queen (May & Taylor) should look at doing with footage of Freddie as opposed to pissing on their legacy with two bit singers from American Idol!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:32 am

Maybe with this technology we could have gigs by Supergroups from beyond the grave.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Chrissy wrote:
er...yes they are.

Over here anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:03 am

Roger. H wrote:
Maybe with this technology we could have gigs by Supergroups from beyond the grave.

Wouldn't bet against it. If May & Taylor could persuade Mr Deacon to comeback & play to a screen of Freddie on stage I'd be more tempted to see that than the current incarnation of 'Queen'.

My money is on a fully holographic Michael Jackson show in the next few years.

Anyway, next show is Steel Panther at the end of March.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:36 am

RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
er...yes they are.

Over here anyway.

Yes I knnow they say Gnr are touring but I meant its just axel so its really not gnr!!!

Kinda like Van Halen....

wonder if KISS will tour without Paul Stanley....?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:51 am

Hope so, he's shite. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:55 am

too funny
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Roger. H wrote:

Can't sing for toffee that bloke.

Oh and Chrissy, if it was the original VH then there'd be no tour according to Val Bertinelli..
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Oh and Chrissy, if it was the original VH then there'd be no tour according to Val Bertinelli..
That's just her stickin the knife into Mike. Why wouldn't he tour?

From what I heard/read it was the VH brothers who cut him out, he didn't walk away. It was how they treat him that created the problem...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:10 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

From what I heard/read it was the VH brothers who cut him out, he didn't walk away. It was how they treat him that created the problem...
Ed wants to play with his son on stage. That's the reason this tour/album happened. Wolfgang Van Halen.

There would be no tour without Wolfgang...

Since her ex-husband Eddie Van Halen so far isn’t doing any interviews in support of his band’s new album and tour, Valerie Bertinelli called into WRIF Detroit’s Drew and Mike show to talk about how the band, and specifically their son Wolfgang, is doing out on the road.
The ‘Hot in Cleveland’ actress was proud to talk about her son’s skills – “Wolfie can definitely back up everything with his playing, you can’t deny that he is an excellent bass player and an excellent musician, his voice is amazing.”
She also addressed Van Halen fans upset that her son took over founding bassist Michael Anthony’s role in the band, and explained it’s the only way Eddie would be making musical publicly. “I loved Mike too, I thought he was a really nice guy, still do,” Bertinelli explains. “But the only way this tour is happening is because Eddie gets to play with his son Wolfie. Otherwise, this tour wouldn’t be going on, it really wouldn’t.”
According to her, the lure of playing music with their son is the main factor that convinced the guitar wizard to get the band back together: “This brings joy to Ed, and that’s what he wants to do now, just have fun playing. As great as Mike is, this wouldn’t be happening if Mike was still in the band.”
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Ed wants to play with his son on stage. That's the reason this tour/album happened. Wolfgang Van Halen.

There would be no tour without Wolfgang...

Since her ex-husband Eddie Van Halen so far isn’t doing any interviews in support of his band’s new album and tour, Valerie Bertinelli called into WRIF Detroit’s Drew and Mike show to talk about how the band, and specifically their son Wolfgang, is doing out on the road.
The ‘Hot in Cleveland’ actress was proud to talk about her son’s skills – “Wolfie can definitely back up everything with his playing, you can’t deny that he is an excellent bass player and an excellent musician, his voice is amazing.”
She also addressed Van Halen fans upset that her son took over founding bassist Michael Anthony’s role in the band, and explained it’s the only way Eddie would be making musical publicly. “I loved Mike too, I thought he was a really nice guy, still do,” Bertinelli explains. “But the only way this tour is happening is because Eddie gets to play with his son Wolfie. Otherwise, this tour wouldn’t be going on, it really wouldn’t.”
According to her, the lure of playing music with their son is the main factor that convinced the guitar wizard to get the band back together: “This brings joy to Ed, and that’s what he wants to do now, just have fun playing. As great as Mike is, this wouldn’t be happening if Mike was still in the band.”
What a crock of shit...

If all he wanted was to play with his son he could formed another band! Played in clubs, jammed and messed around.

I don't believe a word of that. He got VH back because it's his bread n butter and it's the band he's always been in. He got DLR back because he knew without him VH were finished.

He didn't get Mike back because he didn't have the balls to apologise and ask him to rejoin and also probably because he didn't want to hear Mike tell him to 'Go f**k himself!' Mike seems very happy with what he's doin and after all the shit I doubt he'd want to rejoin VH.

Which is a shame cos without him they lack a 'punch' and as for Wolfgangs vocals...don't make me laugh. He sounds awful. Some the Utube footage is actually the pits. They sound simply poor.

This is not the VH of old. The best party band EVER has become a Grandads tea party, with a whipper snapper in toe.

Again I know I'm lucky, I saw VH with DLR 3 times, and after what I've seen of this latest tour I think I'll pass on this version of VH cos I'd hate to have my memories crushed.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:00 am

RFFB wrote:
What a crock of shit...

If all he wanted was to play with his son he could formed another band! Played in clubs, jammed and messed around.
He did. Cafe Wha in NYC amongst others...

RFFB wrote:
I don't believe a word of that. He got VH back because it's his bread n butter and it's the band he's always been in. He got DLR back because he knew without him VH were finished.

He didn't get Mike back because he didn't have the balls to apologise and ask him to rejoin and also probably because he didn't want to hear Mike tell him to 'Go f**k himself!' Mike seems very happy with what he's doin and after all the shit I doubt he'd want to rejoin VH.
Who knows? Eddie had drinking issues, his son helped him sober up. As for Mike, he does indeed seem happy in Chickenfoot so I guess everyone (apart from Adam) is happy!

RFFB wrote:
Which is a shame cos without him they lack a 'punch' and as for Wolfgangs vocals...don't make me laugh. He sounds awful. Some the Utube footage is actually the pits. They sound simply poor.
So it's ok to judge VH by youtube but not Kiss? Fair enough... scratch

RFFB wrote:
This is not the VH of old. ]The best party band EVER has become a Grandads tea party, with a whipper snapper in toe.
Does that make Tommy the 'whippersnapper' of Kiss then? Every one gets old (and grumpy!!).... Wink

RFFB wrote:
Again I know I'm lucky, I saw VH with DLR 3 times, and after what I've seen of this latest tour I think I'll pass on this version of VH cos I'd hate to have my memories crushed.
If they tour here I know there's one less person I'm competing against for tickets so that's fine by me!!! cheesin'

Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:18 am

pete wrote:
So for VB to say all he wanted was to play with his son was true why not just keep doin that then? There would be no need to go out as VH again.

pete wrote:
So it's ok to judge VH by youtube but not Kiss? Fair enough...
I thought I had done that! Watchin the utube clips of the last tour really showed up PS vocal probs which you overlooked in the excitement of the gig. I'm pretty sure I said as much and got the usually rebuff form the usual 'KISS can no wrong' brigade...

I wish they'd come back as strong as they were, but the reality is they are getting on and it is unrealistic to expect them to be the same as they were in the 70's/80's. But as that's the legacy they have to live up to, to watch DLR just walking around the stage and doin very half hearted ballet kicks (or whatever they're called) is just sad.

And while he was never the greatest singer, it was his stage presence and party attitude that made him special. Without that RnR edge, he just looks and sounds poor.

He should stick a wig on, get out his old costumes, down a bottle of JD, snort the biggest line of coke ever and then get on stage...and RAWWWWWWK THE JOINT!!!!!!...

...not twirl a bloody stick!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:01 am

RFFB wrote:
pete wrote:
So for VB to say all he wanted was to play with his son was true why not just keep doin that then? There would be no need to go out as VH again.

pete wrote:
So it's ok to judge VH by youtube but not Kiss? Fair enough...
I thought I had done that! Watchin the utube clips of the last tour really showed up PS vocal probs which you overlooked in the excitement of the gig. I'm pretty sure I said as much and got the usually rebuff form the usual 'KISS can no wrong' brigade...

I wish they'd come back as strong as they were, but the reality is they are getting on and it is unrealistic to expect them to be the same as they were in the 70's/80's. But as that's the legacy they have to live up to, to watch DLR just walking around the stage and doin very half hearted ballet kicks (or whatever they're called) is just sad.

And while he was never the greatest singer, it was his stage presence and party attitude that made him special. Without that RnR edge, he just looks and sounds poor.

He should stick a wig on, get out his old costumes, down a bottle of JD, snort the biggest line of coke ever and then get on stage...and RAWWWWWWK THE JOINT!!!!!!...

...not twirl a bloody stick!!!!

lol!

Grumpy guts! Well if they tour here I'll enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Pete wrote:
Grumpy guts! Well if they tour here I'll enjoy it!
YEP!!!!... Laughing

I'm sure you'll love it but it will in no way be as good as...THIS!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Good you are still a fan Pete and I cant wrong you for it. Everyone has a different motivation as to what "works" for them..

I saw Van Halen in 1983 I was 13 years old and VH is part of my memory of my first rock in rock moment. To me to see and hear how they have become is too much for me having those memories..I spent some time with Adam going over the US festival and what I remember and it all came flooding back..I love those memories and I am going to leave my love of Van Hlen right there. I never had a problem with Van Hagar because it was a different band.
Never even gave it a second thought...

I have a painting which is my all time favorite called Starry night. It was painted one time and its what I know. I have often wondered if you were to ask an artist to reproduce his own works some 30 years later what would it look like and who would love it. Some would love it because it was by the same artist and others like me would feel the sadness of age and a change in the prominent memory of what they had. I think music is the same. For some bands it doesnt matter. To me Van Halen is one that does...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:09 am

Chrissy wrote:
Good you are still a fan Pete and I cant wrong you for it. Everyone has a different motivation as to what "works" for them..

I saw Van Halen in 1983 I was 13 years old and VH is part of my memory of my first rock in rock moment. To me to see and hear how they have become is too much for me having those memories..I spent some time with Adam going over the US festival and what I remember and it all came flooding back..I love those memories and I am going to leave my love of Van Hlen right there. I never had a problem with Van Hagar because it was a different band.
Never even gave it a second thought...

I have a painting which is my all time favorite called Starry night. It was painted one time and its what I know. I have often wondered if you were to ask an artist to reproduce his own works some 30 years later what would it look like and who would love it. Some would love it because it was by the same artist and others like me would feel the sadness of age and a change in the prominent memory of what they had. I think music is the same. For some bands it doesnt matter. To me Van Halen is one that does...

What I am getting here is a distint whiff of people who have seen the original VH in all their glory not wanting to tarnish their memories...which is cool.

However as I have never seen Dave & Eddie share the same stage I'm really happy about the current situation but hope they tour the UK!

Anyway...next gig...Steel Panther!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:10 am

ha ha ha

Steel Panther!!

here we go again...

Are they on a full tour alone?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:10 am

Chrissy wrote:
ha ha ha

Steel Panther!!

here we go again...

Are they on a full tour alone?

Their own headline tour. rock on cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Concerts Coming Up?
Page 17 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next