Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Football Thread

Go down 
+7
'Scope
Roger. H
Chrissy
laxcdn
Pete
RFFB
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

The Football Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:17 am

Skezza wrote:
i bet ACDC was good, but anyway, back on track, it will go to the wire between Liverpool and United.
You seriously think so? Even now that the DRB's have 2 games in hand and level on points?

Can't see it myself, I think last nights draw was the end for Liverpool... Sad
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:54 pm

United may slip up. They are just as inconsistent Wink Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:17 am

Skezza wrote:
United may slip up. They are just as inconsistent Wink Cool

I've a feeling it will go down to goal difference to be honest....and yes AC/DC was flippin' marvellous!
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 am

United will obviously take the 2-0 against Pompey. If United thrash a few teams then it will be close goal difference :O
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:39 am

Skezza wrote:
United will obviously take the 2-0 against Pompey. If United thrash a few teams then it will be close goal difference :O

Unless of Course Liverpool keep scoring 4 BUT STOP concedeing 4! lol!
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:00 am

Well yeah, but it was a great game. I was surprised at how well Arshavin did, some have said he has taken, well but i've thought he's not had much of a chance really, but that was an excellent performance Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:15 am

Skezza wrote:
Well yeah, but it was a great game. I was surprised at how well Arshavin did, some have said he has taken, well but i've thought he's not had much of a chance really, but that was an excellent performance Cool

It was an excellent performance, however he was abley (sp) assisted by poor defending from Liverpool. Lets see if he can do it week in week out?
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:22 am

Interesting matches. Both United and Liverpool got a tad bit of good fortune, at the expense of Spurs and Hull. Stoke... lost, but so did the important teams around us, so i can smile for another week

Cool
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Well done Maccelsfeld on a fine victory over the Bees and beating the drop. See you next year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:25 am

Roger H wrote:
Well done Maccelsfeld on a fine victory over the Bees and beating the drop. See you next year. Very Happy

Aye! Shame you coulddn't make it to Macc. Aah well maybe next season?

In regards to the PL, still believe Liverpool can win it but I hope the referees are a bit better than Mr Howard Webb!!! Penaltly? MY ARSE!!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:29 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Aye! Shame you coulddn't make it to Macc. Aah well maybe next season?

In regards to the PL, still believe Liverpool can win it but I hope the referees are a bit better than Mr Howard Webb!!! Penaltly? MY ARSE!!! lol! lol!
Uhuh Smile

Free kick for the first goal? My arse Wink hehe. Thats why I always say the top 4 get a good deal. The penalty was iffy. The free kick you nicked ya first goal off was iffy. Stoke, well, we got punished for basically not taking our chances against Fulham.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:55 am

I seriously fear for Newcastle now Adam Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 am

Matty35 wrote:
I seriously fear for Newcastle now Adam Rolling Eyes

Saying nothing until after Sundays game...

Oh and congrats to Chelski for a good result in Spain...AS last year Barca try passing the ball into the goal... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:40 am

Almunia Arsenal's saviour or what! Mad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:27 am

Matty35 wrote:
Almunia Arsenal's saviour or what! Mad

Howard Webb - Man U's saviour or what?!? Wink
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:35 am

Come on Pete, you'll admit that Liverpool have had some lucky decisions this year as well Cool

And you could say its justice from Everton vs United when they should have had a penalty. The top 4 get a cracking deal with regards to decisions, so i think it evens itself out between you guys. When Stoke are dominating the leagues ( Neutral ) then we'll see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:51 am

Skezza wrote:
Come on Pete, you'll admit that Liverpool have had some lucky decisions this year as well Cool

And you could say its justice from Everton vs United when they should have had a penalty. The top 4 get a cracking deal with regards to decisions, so i think it evens itself out between you guys. When Stoke are dominating the leagues ( Neutral ) then we'll see Very Happy

I cannot deny that Liverpool have had some luck this year, but I would argue they haven't had anything that has (potentially) changed the course of a game and the destination the Premier League.

Up until the penalty man U were floundering against a much improved Spurs team that had deservedly taken a 2 goal lead. The penalty gave man u (on the run of poor performances) the confidence they needed to go on and win the game, it also affected Spurs mindset.

Oh and Liverpool had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Stoke at Anfield in September when you came and 'parked the bus'... Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:17 am

Pete wrote:

Oh and Liverpool had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Stoke at Anfield in September when you came and 'parked the bus'... Wink Laughing
i'll admit Pete, you've got me chuckling there. Hey, the bus got us two draws against Liverpool Razz and lets be honest, you're a great team.

I'll agree with you on this one, Liverpool did have a goal disallowed and from what I saw, it was okay, however Stoke have had so many decisions go against us this year its sometimes nice to get a bit of luck. I'm sure you'll chuckle when I say, United had some right good decisions when they played us at the Brit, but thats life and you take the rough with the smooth. Laughing

We beat Arsenal, which was a proud day for Stoke fans and we didn't park the bus, we came out and played against them. Stoke are one of these teams that know when there is a game worth defending, and when there is one to go for. Sometimes, Stoke just haven't got the strike force to go for the win, so we have to defend, but when our strikers are fully fit, we will go for it. Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Arsenal are all great teams. And Stoke, gave all of them decent games. Lets not forget, we got two draws against the Pool, got destroyed by United at OT, but we were so close to getting a well deserved draw at home, thats after we had statistically more chances of scoring but missed them, gave Chelsea a good going at The Brit, if only we'd have had a little luck when it came to scoring the goal we may have nicked a 1-0 or 1-1, and almost beat Chelsea at the Bridge when Delap put is 1-0 up and we threw it away in the last 5 minutes, and to top it off, we beat Arsenal at the Brit and have to play them on the last day of the season. There is no way we could have parked the bus in all those games Wink

As far as I'm concerned Pete, the best team is the team with the most points at the end of the season, I don't agree with the whole lucky mofos in the last three games Razz If United win it, they were best, if Liverpool win it, they were best and if Chelsea win it, United and Liverpool threw it away Laughing
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:05 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

This is the sound of me covering up my misery...
Why? 'Cos NCL play Liverpool today...at Anfield!!!

We are gonna get trashed!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:30 am

i got a funny feeling about this one :\
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:59 am

Yep, it was just as bad as I expected!!

Nuff, said.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:12 am

RFFB wrote:

Nuff, said.

Sorry mate but you are down...

Hope Xabi Alonso is ok though.

Joey Barton is a dirty little.... bad boy Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:31 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Nuff, said.

Sorry mate but you are down...

Hope Xabi Alonso is ok though.

Joey Barton is a dirty little.... bad boy Evil or Very Mad
*Sigh* its sad really. because he has always had potential to be a half decent, decent player and its always been hampered by what is, one of the worst attitudes in football. I thought Newcastle deserved nothing today, they just didn't seem to want it. By half time, they seemed to have accepted inevitability. NUFC fans need a favour from Stoke next week when we play Hull. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:48 am

I wouldn't touch Barton with Scope's! Wink ....he's bad news, a waste of talent & money! :thats a no, no:

So sad for Newcastle, a miracle required now No
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:00 pm

That's Arsenal despatched :the finger: .....I want Barca in the final :ola:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Football Thread
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next