Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Football Thread

Go down 
+7
'Scope
Roger. H
Chrissy
laxcdn
Pete
RFFB
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

The Football Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:21 am

Roger H wrote:
Well Arsenal do seem to be finding a bit of form, so they could be the spoilers.

Hopefully they only spoil it for man u & chelski!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:55 am

No, the way Liverpool are playing at the moment, I can't see them dropping points anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:58 am

Roger H wrote:
No, the way Liverpool are playing at the moment, I can't see them dropping points anywhere.

I guess we'll see by the end of May.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:02 am

Can we talk about something else? Rolling Eyes :head case: :envy:
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Matty35 wrote:
Can we talk about something else? Rolling Eyes :head case: :envy:

No!
We're on a roll... Wink Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Roger H wrote:
I don't think Villa will put up much resistence to M.U in their next game.

Although, Villa have got to come out of their slump of recent, sometime.
And M.U. will be without Vidic, Rooney and Scholes. And they are looking shakey !! cheer
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:28 pm

This is shaping up to be the best finish for...well as long as I can remember!!!

If Liverpool are gonna do it now is their best chance...shame about the break due to the friendlies cos L/pool are on a roll and the DRB's have got to be feelin the pressure...

I did not see the DRB's slippin up...just a shame NCL have yet to play L/pool cos while I'd love to see L/pool win but if it's at the cost of NCL goin down (resist the temptation Pete!!!!) that's gonna hurt.

And I do think we are in real trouble now.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 am

RFFB wrote:
This is shaping up to be the best finish for...well as long as I can remember!!!

If Liverpool are gonna do it now is their best chance...shame about the break due to the friendlies cos L/pool are on a roll and the DRB's have got to be feelin the pressure...

I did not see the DRB's slippin up...just a shame NCL have yet to play L/pool cos while I'd love to see L/pool win but if it's at the cost of NCL goin down (resist the temptation Pete!!!!) that's gonna hurt.

Yes. NUFC are in trouble...aren't they....

Be a shame if you do go down..... Twisted Evil

This international breaks has come at the wrong time for LFC & the right time for mufc..(which is why I hate International football). Hope we can keep the momentum going though...
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:50 am

RFFB wrote:

I for one, hope the Toon stay up Adam, my poor old Grandad my be turning in his grave!! :head case:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:57 am

Matty35 wrote:
RFFB wrote:

I for one, hope the Toon stay up Adam, my poor old Grandad my be turning in his grave!! :head case:

I don't!! (Although I will feel sorry for Adam)
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:40 am

Looks like Brad Friedel has had his red card rescinded, therefore meaning he can play against the DRB's in weeks time...

Come on Brad do us proud fella! :clapping:
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 am

Pete wrote:
Looks like Brad Friedel has had his red card rescinded, therefore meaning he can play against the DRB's in weeks time...

Funny how him & James turned into really good keepers after they left Liverpool! scratch Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Pete wrote:

I don't!! (Although I will feel sorry for Adam)
lol! I'll take that as some sort of empathy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:28 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

Funny how him & James turned into really good keepers after they left Liverpool! scratch Wink

That's because they escaped the evil clutches of Joe Corrigan!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Pete wrote:

Only too right as well...very poor decision by the officials...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: And the biggest joke in football rolls on...   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:39 am

From the bbc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 975700.stm

Alan Shearer is set to be appointed as Newcastle manager until the end of the season, BBC Sport understands.

The former Magpies striker, 38, has often been linked with a return to St James' Park but in the past has been critical of its management structure
Shearer would be owner Mike Ashley's fourth managerial appointment this season as the club fights relegation.

Kevin Keegan was replaced by Joe Kinnear, who then had heart surgery, with Chris Hughton taking over as boss.

But with Hughton in temporary charge, Newcastle have slipped into the relegation zone and are third from bottom of the Premier League.

Kevin Gallacher, a team-mate from Shearer's playing days at Blackburn Rovers, told BBC Radio 5 Live: "It's a surprise appointment - it's thrown me a googly to say the least.

"Obviously with Joe being out unwell something had to happen. You're just hoping that with all the hype that's going to follow the team is going to pick it up. Not all great players make great managers but Alan has a great football brain

Players always need a leader and now Alan's there he'll command the respect of the players. He has eight games to pick them up, starting with Chelsea, and that's a tough order. The fans will be out celebrating as soon as they hear the news. Alan is so high on the pedestal at Newcastle."

BBC football pundit Mark Lawrenson told Breakfast he was also "hugely surprised".

He added: "If anyone can lift Newcastle out of the doldrums it's Alan. He's got no experience [of management] but people like [German internationals] Jurgen Klinsmann and Franz Beckenbauer came in with no experience as well. He is regarded as a god up there in Newcastle."

Shearer scored 206 goals in 404 appearances during a 10-year playing stint at Newcastle to earn legendary status on Tyneside after joining for a record £15m fee from Blackburn.

The former England striker, who retired from playing in 2006, has made no secret of his desire to become a manager one day.
However, he was thought to have strong reservations about Ashley's regime - describing it as "strange" following Keegan's shock exit.

The same month, Shearer, a pundit on the BBC's Match of the Day, rejected an offer to join the club's coaching staff.

Both on and off the pitch, Newcastle have lurched from one crisis to the next this season following the departure of Keegan early in the campaign.

Following a fans' backlash over Keegan's exit, Ashley raised the possibility of selling the club, before deciding to stay on.

Key striker Michael Owen has been involved in just four games this year because of an ankle injury, while Charles N'Zogbia moved to Wigan in the January transfer window after a high-profile bust-up with Kinnear.

Newcastle, who have 29 points from 30 matches, host third-placed Chelsea in the Premier League on Saturday with eight games of the season left.

Frank Gilmore, chairman of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters Association, said the appointment of Shearer was certain to create a buzz.

"You can guarantee that people will be starting to queue at the ground now to buy any remaining tickets for the game against Chelsea. And the atmosphere that there'll be at that game on Saturday will be unbelievable."
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:21 am

Another messiah !!! Rolling Eyes Newcastle have had more second comings than Ron Jeremy !!!!!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:18 pm

To be fair I don't know who else they could have asked to come in for 8 games.

Shearer loves Newcastle and has accepted the job 'cos he really doesn't want to see his beloved NCL go down. If anyone, at this point in the season, can have a better claim or understanding as what football means to Newcastle then I'd like a name!

If he can't motivate the team then no-one can. Thing is it'll take more than motivation to save NCL...cos we just make too many defensive mistakes. And that's not something you can rectify in 8 games. I hope he does manage to keep us up...but in reality I think we're doomed... Sad

Especially as we are now 2 games away from safety due to our goal difference...unless the makems get hammered in their next game (oh, how I'd love that!!!) and we actually win.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:18 am

RFFB wrote:
To be fair I don't know who else they could have asked to come in for 8 games.

Shearer loves Newcastle and has accepted the job 'cos he really doesn't want to see his beloved NCL go down. If anyone, at this point in the season, can have a better claim or understanding as what football means to Newcastle then I'd like a name!

If he can't motivate the team then no-one can. Thing is it'll take more than motivation to save NCL...cos we just make too many defensive mistakes. And that's not something you can rectify in 8 games. I hope he does manage to keep us up...but in reality I think we're doomed... Sad

Especially as we are now 2 games away from safety due to our goal difference...unless the makems get hammered in their next game (oh, how I'd love that!!!) and we actually win.

Your doomed!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:02 am

Before anyone says United were lucky, we both scored late ok! Shocked Wink

As for Newcastle, well they have the fire power to stay up but their defence is rubbish! I reckon me, Pete & Chrissy could do a better job Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:13 am

Matty35 wrote:
Before anyone says United were lucky, we both scored late ok! Shocked Wink

As for Newcastle, well they have the fire power to stay up but their defence is rubbish! I reckon me, Pete & Chrissy could do a better job Laughing

Maybe so but yernited didn't deserve the win (you were pretty average for most of the game) whilst Liverpool battered Fulham and were unlucky to get just the one!!

Yep. Unless Sunderland get even crappier Newcastle are down...
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:54 am

That's fair enough...

Did play better in the second half (just Rolling Eyes )

I think Sunderland will go though
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:57 am

Matty35 wrote:
That's fair enough...

Did play better in the second half (just Rolling Eyes )

I think Sunderland will go though

Arsenal will be key to this title. I think LFC will beat them at Anfield whilst the DRB's will scramble a draw at Old Toilet PLC. cheesin'

I hope Sunderland don't go down. I;m counting on ex red Cisse to bang a few in and keep them up. Especially against the DRB's on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Pete wrote:

Your doomed!
Crying or Very sad
You could be right.

Makems play the DRB's on Sat you say? Well if anyone can hammer the makems the DRB's should. And if...that's IF, we can beat Stoke (I'll be there!!!!...C 'mon the Toon!!!) it could take us out of the relagation places.

Personally, I'm hoping more than anything...
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Haha, its great to be supporting one of the underdogs of the Premiership. Everyone has had us relegated all season and now, people are starting to say "hold on, they might stay up"

We have Newcastle United this weekend at home and I'm certain it is going to be a tight affair, and Shearer will have fired them up.

For those who haven't worked out, I'm a Stoke City fan Smile and I too should be attending the game assuming nothing goes horribly wrong in the time it takes me to get there Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Football Thread
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next