Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Football Thread

Go down 
+7
'Scope
Roger. H
Chrissy
laxcdn
Pete
RFFB
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

The Football Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:26 am

Skezza wrote:
Haha, its great to be supporting one of the underdogs of the Premiership. Everyone has had us relegated all season and now, people are starting to say "hold on, they might stay up"

We have Newcastle United this weekend at home and I'm certain it is going to be a tight affair, and Shearer will have fired them up.

For those who haven't worked out, I'm a Stoke City fan Smile and I too should be attending the game assuming nothing goes horribly wrong in the time it takes me to get there Razz

If it's at the Britannia Stadium I cannot see NUFC getting more than a point.
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:32 am

Yes it is at the Britannia.

I went up to St. James's Park when we played last time. An incredible match. 2-0 down at half time, we got two goals in the last 10 minutes and saved the game! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:24 am

Skezza wrote:
Haha, its great to be supporting one of the underdogs of the Premiership. Everyone has had us relegated all season and now, people are starting to say "hold on, they might stay up"

We have Newcastle United this weekend at home and I'm certain it is going to be a tight affair, and Shearer will have fired them up.

For those who haven't worked out, I'm a Stoke City fan Smile and I too should be attending the game assuming nothing goes horribly wrong in the time it takes me to get there Razz

Great win at the weekend for you Joe, do you think you can stay up mate?
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:39 am

Matty35 wrote:

I think its possible. I mean, we've been massive underdogs all season. Pretty much everyone said at the start that West Brom, Hull and Stoke would go down. Then Hull went on that great run and everyone were tipping them for a top half finish, but look at it now... Stoke are currently higher in the table than Hull and West Brom. When it came down to the gritty games in November, December, January etc, Stoke were able to grind out points at home in big matches against good teams (Liverpool, Sunderland, Villa etc). I don't know if we'll stay up, but I guess all we need to do is keep at it!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:03 am

Skezza wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

I think its possible. I mean, we've been massive underdogs all season. Pretty much everyone said at the start that West Brom, Hull and Stoke would go down. Then Hull went on that great run and everyone were tipping them for a top half finish, but look at it now... Stoke are currently higher in the table than Hull and West Brom. When it came down to the gritty games in November, December, January etc, Stoke were able to grind out points at home in big matches against good teams (Liverpool, Sunderland, Villa etc). I don't know if we'll stay up, but I guess all we need to do is keep at it!

Should you (hopefully) beat NUFC then I'd say Stoke are safe for this season.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:59 am

Dare I say a great away win for the Bees last Saturday, but it's still very squeeky at the bottom of the heap !!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:01 am

Roger H wrote:
Dare I say a great away win for the Bees last Saturday, but it's still very squeeky at the bottom of the heap !!! Rolling Eyes

Tell me about it. Macc ain't safe yet either!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:18 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Shame I can't make the Macc. v . Bees game, it's shaping up to be a huge game !!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:21 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Shame I can't make the Macc. v . Bees game, it's shaping up to be a huge game !!!

Yeah and then we could've gone on the piss!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:22 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Stop making me feel worse than I do about having to cancel !! Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:23 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Stop making me feel worse than I do about having to cancel !! Rolling Eyes Wink

Sorry. I applaud you for moving on with your life so quickly after you've been made redundant!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:25 am

No point in hanging about and feeling sorry for myself !!

Onwards and South Westwards !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:26 am

Roger H wrote:
No point in hanging about and feeling sorry for myself !!

Onwards and South Westwards !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yes indeed! thums up
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 am

Pete wrote:
It would be great to see Stoke survive the drop. I know i'm biased but most people know that Stoke is the oldest team in the Premiership and second oldest in the whole of the football league. Many of the great players who we love and respect played for Stoke back in the day, and it was sad how it went so miserably wrong in the 80s. If we can turn that round, we may be able to hit back in a respectable position which I believe a team with history like Stoke deserves.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 am

Skezza wrote:
Pete wrote:
It would be great to see Stoke survive the drop. I know i'm biased but most people know that Stoke is the oldest team in the Premiership and second oldest in the whole of the football league. Many of the great players who we love and respect played for Stoke back in the day, and it was sad how it went so miserably wrong in the 80s. If we can turn that round, we may be able to hit back in a respectable position which I believe a team with history like Stoke deserves.

Nice ground too...(Saw B*n J*vi there a few years back)...
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:23 am

Pete wrote:
Nice ground too...(Saw B*n J*vi there a few years back)...
Yeah I saw Bryan Adams (okay okay lay of me Laughing ) there a while ago. I doubt they'll host music concerts again, because the ground is now owned by the club rather than by the council. Peter Coates (Chairman) purchased it about a year or two ago.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:38 am

Pete wrote:
Skezza wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

I think its possible. I mean, we've been massive underdogs all season. Pretty much everyone said at the start that West Brom, Hull and Stoke would go down. Then Hull went on that great run and everyone were tipping them for a top half finish, but look at it now... Stoke are currently higher in the table than Hull and West Brom. When it came down to the gritty games in November, December, January etc, Stoke were able to grind out points at home in big matches against good teams (Liverpool, sunderland, Villa etc). I don't know if we'll stay up, but I guess all we need to do is keep at it!

I thought you said 'good teams?'...sunderland!!!!... kill kill kill

If we (NUFC) lose this game I think that could be it. 6 games after and no easy games at all. We HAVE to win this...& sunderland have to lose...heavily!!!!
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:29 pm

RFFB wrote:

If we (NUFC) lose this game I think that could be it. 6 games after and no easy games at all. We HAVE to win this...& sunderland have to lose...heavily!!!!
Haha, well, as a promoted team, Sunderland are a very respectable opposition, as are Newcastle. There is plenty of other teams I'd rather be facing. Newcastle will be well up for it on Saturday. I honestly don't want to see Newcastle go down. They've had some great players of the years and I have some fond memories of seeing Newcastle growing up as a kid. I remember Faustino Asprilla scoring a fantastic volley for Newcastle and trying to replicate it myself. Ahh, the memories aye! Razz
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Skezza wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Haha, well, as a promoted team, sunderland are a very respectable opposition, as are Newcastle. There is plenty of other teams I'd rather be facing. Newcastle will be well up for it on Saturday. I honestly don't want to see Newcastle go down. They've had some great players of the years and I have some fond memories of seeing Newcastle growing up as a kid. I remember Faustino Asprilla scoring a fantastic volley for Newcastle and trying to replicate it myself. Ahh, the memories aye! Razz
I do believe this will be a really good contest and what else can I say but...may the best team win! So, I'll offer you my congratulations now!!!!... Laughing

Can you tell I'm not hopeful!!??!!... Rolling Eyes Sad

Oh, and just FYI...it's sunderland...lowercase 'S!'... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:17 pm

haha, brilliant, how come i did it too ? Laughing

You should be optimistic. You easily have enough class to beat us, it just depends whether you turn up on the day. One thing Stoke always try to do, is get in the faces of the opposition and play to our strengths. I hope you enjoy your day at the Brit, because despite Stoke being one of the most deprived areas in the country, the Brit is a nice ground and most of the fans will be more than welcoming.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:24 pm

Skezza wrote:
haha, brilliant, how come i did it too ? Laughing

You should be optimistic. You easily have enough class to beat us, it just depends whether you turn up on the day. One thing Stoke always try to do, is get in the faces of the opposition and play to our strengths. I hope you enjoy your day at the Brit, because despite Stoke being one of the most deprived areas in the country, the Brit is a nice ground and most of the fans will be more than welcoming.
I was there last season when we met in the cup...it is a nice ground, for sure.

Optimistic? Hmm, realistic is more like it. We just have not performed. I really hope we can do it and stay up. Saturday is the real tester as far as I'm concerned. We can't have anymore 'we played well but lost' games...we have to win.

Do you live in Stoke?
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:27 pm

When I'm back from University. I've lived here for 18 years, however I started attending Durham University last October. I am currently home for my easter break which has so far involved drinking, guitar and... well drinking and guitar Laughing
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:29 pm

Skezza wrote:
When I'm back from University. I've lived here for 18 years, however I started attending Durham University last October. I am currently home for my easter break which has so far involved drinking, guitar and... well drinking and guitar Laughing
Ah! Now we're talkin!

I'm from Newcastle originally. And I am missing it TBH. What do think of the NE then?
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:43 pm

I think its great. Newcastle is a much better night out than Durham, and the people are more down to earth and have a great sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Skezza wrote:
I think its great. Newcastle is a much better night out than Durham, and the people are more down to earth and have a great sense of humour.
That is true!!!

Newcastle has much more to offer than people think. And some great pubs too! Not what they used to be tho...but that seems to be the way everywhere right now. Still, Percy Arms, Dog n Parrot, Rosies are all still cool...to name just a few. Trillians not so much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Football Thread
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next