Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Football Thread

Go down 
+7
'Scope
Roger. H
Chrissy
laxcdn
Pete
RFFB
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

The Football Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:15 am

Pete,
its a sad day, because a team, who I've grown up seeing in the prem, a team as I remember when I was young (4, 5 6 years old) were challenging United for the title have gone down. Its also sad because I won't be able to hit as many away games because Newcastle is a three pound train journey from me up here in Durham, but they're gone, and so are Boro. I guess Sunderland will have to do.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:22 am

Skezza wrote:
Pete,
its a sad day, because a team, who I've grown up seeing in the prem, a team as I remember when I was young (4, 5 6 years old) were challenging United for the title have gone down. Its also sad because I won't be able to hit as many away games because Newcastle is a three pound train journey from me up here in Durham, but they're gone, and so are Boro. I guess Sunderland will have to do.

So have Leeds United (currently in League 1), Two times European Cup winners Nottingham Forest and many others. If you aren't good enough you'll get relegated and Newcastle United haven't been good enough for a long time andI would guess even Adam would admit this.

Still if they get there house in order, clear out the wasters and start again, maybe they'll come up again and possibly be a major force in the Premier League.

Hopefully this time there'll be a little more humilty about the supporters and they won't think they deserve to be the the top league of english football.
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:01 am

I felt the same about Leeds.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:26 am

I would just like to say....

Buena suerte Barcelona, Espero que usted gane esta noche. Puede los objetivos para usted fluyen libremente.

¡Gane la taza europea para el bueno de fútbol!

¡Venga en Barca!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:46 am

Escuchar, escuchar. Estoy de acuerdo !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:51 am

you can't seriously want Barca to win? After they cheated Chelsea? The fact they're also a Spanish team....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:55 am

Skezza wrote:
you can't seriously want Barca to win....

You seriously think a Liverpool fan wants man u to win the European cup? Please don't take this the wrong way but you're a fool if you think for one minute I would want anything other than a Barcelona win!!

Put it this way. If it were Port Vale in the final (Unlikely I know) would YOU be cheering them on?

Skezza wrote:
After they cheated Chelsea?

Please tell me exactly how Chelsea cheated Barcelona?

Skezza wrote:
The fact they're also a Spanish team....

Rafael Benitez, Xabi Alonso, Pepe Reina, Albert Riera, Alvalero Arbeloa, Fernando Torres, Luis Garcia (We miss you!)
Nuff said!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:42 am

¡Venga en Barca!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:47 am

cheesin'
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:14 am

Pete wrote:

So have Leeds United (currently in League 1), Two times European Cup winners Nottingham Forest and many others. If you aren't good enough you'll get relegated and Newcastle United haven't been good enough for a long time and I would guess even Adam would admit this.
Still if they get there house in order, clear out the wasters and start again, maybe they'll come up again and possibly be a major force in the Premier League.

Hopefully this time there'll be a little more humilty about the supporters and they won't think they deserve to be the the top league of english football.
No argureement from me there AT ALL, mate.

We have under performed consistantly for at least 3, or more, seasons. All those pundits who waffle on about clubs being 'too big to go down'...well :stfu: ...cos NO team is too big, not if your players don't have the heart for a fight and think they can underperform and pick up a huge pay check every week.

Sacking Sir Bobby was the start of this...shocking decision considering we were in a good position at the time, if memory serves.

Everyone at Newcastle has to take the blame for this amd there HAS to be a major restructuring at the club, from the top down.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:21 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

So have Leeds United (currently in League 1), Two times European Cup winners Nottingham Forest and many others. If you aren't good enough you'll get relegated and Newcastle United haven't been good enough for a long time and I would guess even Adam would admit this.

No argureement from me there AT ALL, mate.

We have under performed consistantly for at least 3, or more, seasons. All those pundits who waffle on about clubs being 'too big to go down'...well :stfu: ...cos NO team is too big, not if your players don't have the heart for a fight and think they can underperform and pick up a huge pay check every week.

Sacking Sir Bobby was the start of this...shocking decision considering we were in a good position at the time, if memory serves.

Everyone at Newcastle has to take the blame for this amd there HAS to be a major restructuring at the club, from the top down.

I really hope NUFC recover quickly from this set back as I do honestly like them as a team.

However I would hope the fans would realise that being a big club in the NE of England does not make you a BIG club in world football and their is a sense of humilty amongst the fans once they do return the the top tier of English football.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:22 am

I would also like to add in relation to your comments about the DRB's and Barca...

HELL YEAH!!!!!

Well happy they lost!!!!!
Everyone knows it's the trophy that Scot really cares about...and he didn't get it... Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:26 am

RFFB wrote:
I would also like to add in relation to your comments about the DRB's and Barca...

HELL YEAH!!!!!

Well happy they lost!!!!!
Everyone knows it's the trophy that Scot really cares about...and he didn't get it... Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Never mind, he's always got this trophy to console himself.... http://www.giftservice.co.uk/images/drinks/272dr5944-bells281.jpg Wink
lol!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:28 am

Pete wrote:

I really hope NUFC recover quickly from this set back as I do honestly like them as a team.

However I would hope the fans would realise that being a big club in the NE of England does not make you a BIG club in world football and their is a sense of humilty amongst the fans once they do return the the top tier of English football.
In truth Pete, yes Newcastle fans do believe they should be in the Premiership...BUT! They are realsitic enough to KNOW we don't deserve it. I didn't get a ticket for the Villa game...they were changing hands for £500!!!! But everyone I spoke to who had come down from NCL for the game said the same thing...

"We have been shit and deserve to go down" and also many also said they thought it would do the club good as right now we are in a mess. The old adage of 'one step back, two steps forwards' comes to mind.

And I'm in total agreement...sad as it is.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:43 am

Methinks Pete is havin' way too much fun with last nights' result !!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:44 am

Roger H wrote:
Methinks Pete is havin' way too much fun with last nights' result !!! lol! lol! lol!
Is there such a thing as havin too much fun at the DRB's expence!!!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:46 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Is there such a thing as havin too much fun at the DRB's expence!!!!
Very Happy

Precisely!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:49 am

I feel sorry for them, I mean, they only won 3 trophies this year ! Rolling Eyes the poor lambs !!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:51 am

Roger H wrote:
I feel sorry for them, I mean, they only won 3 trophies this year ! Rolling Eyes the poor lambs !!! lol! lol! lol!

Aaah yes.

The premier league that they stuttered toward.
The 'world club' championship were they entered into it at the s/f stage (possibly Q/f) and then played team no one from nowheresville
The Carling Cup were they beat the mighty Spurs on penalties...

Shocked

Last edited by Pete on Thu May 28, 2009 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:56 am

A glorious year !! cheer
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:00 am

Roger H wrote:
A glorious year !! cheer

Not as glorious as Barcelona's though...(La Liga, Copa Del rey and European Cup). Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:04 am

Now that's real silverware !!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:33 am

So the season draws to a close with just the FA Cup left.

Who will win it? Chelsea or Everton?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:15 am

PLEASE, PLEASE !!! Let it be EVERTON !!!! cheer cheer cheer
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:01 am

Barca were better, simple as! Neutral

Sorry about Newcastle Adam No

Come on Everton!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Football Thread   The Football Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Football Thread
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next