Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS And The Red Hot Chili Peppers Nominated For Induction Into The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

KISS And The Red Hot Chili Peppers Nominated For Induction Into The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame Empty
PostSubject: KISS And The Red Hot Chili Peppers Nominated For Induction Into The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame   KISS And The Red Hot Chili Peppers Nominated For Induction Into The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:39 pm

KISS, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Genesis, the Hollies, LL Cool J and Jimmy Cliff are first-time nominees among a dozen finalists for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, according to a list released this morning by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. They join returning candidates ABBA, the Chantels, Darlene Love, Laura Nyro, the Stooges and Donna Summer, reports Gary Graff of Billboard.

Five of the 12 nominees will be chosen for induction from ballots cast by more than 500 music industry voters. An announcement of the inductees is expected in January, and the Hall's 25th Annual Induction Ceremony will take place March 15 at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City. Broadcast plans have not yet been announced.

Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith told Billboard.com that "it's a real honor to be nominated in our first year of eligibility. Obviously the Hall of Fame has excellent musical taste." But the year's big story could turn out to be KISS, which has been eligible since 1999 but, like shock rock predecessor Alice Cooper, has famously been snubbed by the Hall's nominating committee and has made some harsh comments about the organization in the past. But the group's Paul Stanley recently noted that a Rock Hall induction would cause he and his longtime KISS partner Gene Simmons to consider which of the group's members they'd like to have enter with them.

"There's been a lot of people who've been a part of this, some longer than others..and some who deserve recognition more than others," Stanley explained. "Even the non-makeup years produced some platinum and double-platinum albums, and we had some very healthy sales in terms of albums and concerts through the '80s and '90s. So if we should ever be asked to accept induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it would be something to think about." The Foundation determines which members of a band are inducted into the Hall, and the ballot lists the four founding members of KISS, including Ace Frehley and Peter Criss.

Hollies co-founder Graham Nash is already in the Hall of Fame with Crosby, Stills & Nash (1997) but said he was "very thrilled" to hear about the Hollies nomination. "There's a long way form here to actually being inducted," noted Nash, who was with the group from 1962-68. "I truly believe the Hollies deserve to be inducted. They were a large part of the early history of what we know as rock 'n' roll. I would be particularly thrilled For Allan Clarke. That's where my heart goes. I'm already in there, but it would be a thrill for me to see it happen for" the Hollies.

Artists are eligible for induction 25 years after their first single or album release.

While the ballots are being mailed to voters, the Hall of Fame is also preparing for its 25th anniversary concerts on Oct. 29-30 at New York's Madison Square Garden, along with the release of a nine-DVD boxed set, "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live," and the publication of a book, "The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: The First 25 Years."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com

KISS And The Red Hot Chili Peppers Nominated For Induction Into The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame
Page 1 of 1