Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards

Go down 
+6
Roger. H
RFFB
Frethead
Pete
'Scope
Matty35
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:50 am

Def Leppard's recent crossover collaborations with country musicians Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift have been big hits, and as a result, the rockers have been nominated for three CMT Awards.

Two of the nominations stem from the bands songs with Taylor Swift (below) on the band's blockbuster single "Photograph", which Swift performed with the group on the show CMT Crossroads: Def Leppard and Taylor Swift.

They also were nominated in the Wide Open Country Video of the Year for their collaboration with Tim McGraw on the song Nine Lives.

Def Leppard will perform at this year's CMT Music Awards, which is scheduled for 16 June.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:07 pm

YAWN!!!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:23 am

Steve Clark is currently spinning in his grave at this news...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:39 am

Somebody shoot me!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:26 am

Here it is Leppard & Taylor Swift...

Photograph.

No doubt the girl can sing but her voice just does not suit this song at all.

When Love & Hate Collide

Now I can see her doing a cover of this and making a really job good of it. But again, this doesn't quite work.

Love Story (Taylor Swift & Leppard)

But on the other hand Leppard actually do this well!!! They always did have a strong melodic/pop side to thier music anyway.
Not a fan of the song but that Taylor swift has a great voice...and man, is she cute!!!

Hysteria

This one tho works very well...if you ask me anyway. Which you didn't, so I'll shut up now!!... Rolling Eyes

But for Leppard to be nominated for 3 Country awards... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:38 pm

O, man. pale I'm just . . . Mad What does she think she can do with scratch She's an incredible dork, and she completely ruins the songs. Boy, it's a good thing Def Leppard is there to hold her pointy ass up in front of everybody. I've got to say, thanks for the posts BTW, and Joe sounds pretty damn good considering this song is not exactly easy to nail and it was originally recorded when??? I think makes around twenty-seven, eight years ago!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Now this is a country song !!!

Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:29 pm

Upscope see's it just about the same way as RFFB. She complements "Hysteria" pretty well & the song sounds really good. Upscope hasn't listened to that song in many years but it's a beautiful well written song (for a slower song at least). But she simply doesn't fit w/ "Photograph".....Not even close. Another brilliant classic but she butchers it.

Upscope simply refuses to listen to the the other two gay songs so has no comment.

And yes she is rather cute but her best asset is that she can shake it like a champ!!! Check out the first :50 of "Hysteria & report back??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:16 am

'Scope wrote:
Upscope see's it just about the same way as RFFB. She complements "Hysteria" pretty well & the song sounds really good. Upscope hasn't listened to that song in many years but it's a beautiful well written song (for a slower song at least). But she simply doesn't fit w/ "Photograph".....Not even close. Another brilliant classic but she butchers it.

Upscope simply refuses to listen to the the other two gay songs so has no comment.

And yes she is rather cute but her best asset is that she can shake it like a champ!!! Check out the first :50 of "Hysteria & report back??

'Scope

I've got your back, scoop. She damn sure is shaking her little, painted money maker with all the sharp corners!!! I must say I take it that when a chick is shaking her ass, it's because she really isn't worth a whole lot more or she's pretty dang young, bored and boring - as is what'sherface, as best I understand. In that case, it's obvious she ought not be up there with those guys - for a plethora of reasons. Man, why do I have to put up with this?!! Almost, as if I'm being pressured to respect the fxxxing shit! Listening to her singing ( "briefly," to say as much as I can, I don't mind pointing out) Def Leppard's music is like listening to Bette Midler singing - well . . . ANYTHING!!! LOLOL At that point, you can't take her seriously! Originally, my point was that it's something like Cher singing Knocking at your Back Door, or something, you know?! Bonnie Raitt singing Hells Bells, Joan Jett sings Hot for Teacher (lmao), or Celine Dion singing (Sign of) The Southern Cross or The Number Of the Beast ( further lol) O.K. Done ranting. There's plenty more, now, so come on back!
O, yeah! Upsope has it right on the money about the songs! Def Leppard's songs are so good, they're essentially rock masterpieces, when compared with the cornerstones, and include pretty much the entire collection! You've got your heavy T-Rex, The Beatles and Led Zeppelin influences, among other well celebrated notables. And, I know just the place you're coming from with the reference to the love songs being "gay;" although, I would personally have given a bit more attention to my choice of words!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:11 am

Hayseed Dixie rule!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:42 am

Somebody start a new poll - Who's the bigger crock of shit?... Bon Jovi Vs Def Leppard :devil puker:
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:10 pm

Matty35 wrote:
Somebody start a new poll - Who's the bigger crock of shit?... Bon Jovi Vs Def Leppard :devil puker:

The envelope, please. Quiet down, in front! HAYSEED DIXIE!!!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Matty35 wrote:

LOL.....Impossible to vote on this.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:36 am

I am but one, little, rock -loving man, and I ask that you bear this humble offering. For all of us little, rock -loving people this has a really grown to become a very interesting kick in the nuts, as it has certainly gained greater attention than any of us would've imagined. Now that it has come to pass, perspective would tell us that Robert Plant and Jon Bon Jovi had already done the country thing when Def Leppard joined this distinguished clique. Now, we might be left counting the beads over who has made the most of their collaboration, who collaborated with the cuter country singer, or who is the more succesful of the rockers, considering their own music. In slightly amended words . . . when a vote is held on who is the Biggest Crock of Shit, why would Robert Plant not be included, particularly since he was the first to collaborate with a "country cutie?" Rolling Eyes bad boy are u listening

Last edited by Frethead on Mon May 04, 2009 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : It's the new whites!)
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:28 am

Just sitting here reading this thread and Def Leppard's "Too Late for Love" just came on...thank god it put that country mess outta my head. Whew. pale
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:39 am

Excellent! Rock hard, Rev!!!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:27 am

Frethead wrote:
Excellent! Rock hard, Rev!!!

Right on Frethead! Backatcha brother! :rockin out:
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:50 am

Rev wrote:
Just sitting here reading this thread and Def Leppard's "Too Late for Love" just came on...thank god it put that country mess outta my head. Whew. pale

Let's put it right back in there !!!!!! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:00 am

I've just read that Hayseed Dixie have been nominated for 3 KERRANG awards!!!!!... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:21 am

RFFB wrote:
I've just read that Hayseed Dixie have been nominated for 3 KERRANG awards!!!!!... Wink

About time too!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:37 am

Hey Chrissy! Nice boots she's wearing...do you reckon she's a good girl or a bad girl!!!!...('high heels!')... Wink

I do like the way Taylors drummer has her name on his bass drum written in the style of the Lepps logo!!! Nice touch!!!

Last edited by RFFB on Tue May 05, 2009 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:50 am

RFFB wrote:
Hey Chrissy! Nice boots she's wearing...do you reckon she's a good girl or a bad girl!!!!...('high heals!')... Wink

I do like the way Taylors drummer has her name on his bass drum written in the style of the Lepps logo!!! Nice touch!!!

Nooooo!!!

You must not condone this sort of behaviour!!!
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:02 am

I don't think she is even that good looking and don't like her voice with DL.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:43 am

[quote="RFFB"]Hey Chrissy! Nice boots she's wearing...do you reckon she's a good girl or a bad girl!!!!...('high heels!')... Wink

Remember its the where that determines her goodness!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:27 am

[quote="Chrissy"]
RFFB wrote:
Hey Chrissy! Nice boots she's wearing...do you reckon she's a good girl or a bad girl!!!!...('high heels!')... Wink

Remember its the where that determines her goodness!!!!!!

To paraphrase, she sucks, thus having been stated; it would be the band supporting her that determines her goodness, in association with the object of our discussion. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next