Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leppard Tour

Go down 
+7
Roger. H
Chrissy
Andyearny
Pete
'Scope
Frankie
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:35 am

Def Leppard will tour the USA again this northern Summer and in tow will be Poison for a 40 city tour. Recent tensions between the bands have been put aside it seems, or perhaps those tensions were more a set-up in advance of this announcement? Cynical I know! Press release and tour dates in due course. Should be another popular tour.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Frankie

Frankie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Last edited by Frankie on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/damagedlithiumprincess
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:13 pm

So let's get this strait....Poison will be opening for Def Leppard?? Mad

Upscope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:18 am

This would be a great tour if they brought it over here (the UK) but seeing as the Leps played here last year with Whitesnake I can't see them playing their home country again for a while... Sad
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:44 am

Is Def Leppard still that big in the UK??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:55 am

'Scope wrote:
Is Def Leppard still that big in the UK??

'Scope

I went to see them with the wife in 2004 at the Wolverhampton Civic which holds around 5000 people, which isnt too bad considering they live off the memory of "Hysteria"...

Btw, the sound at the Leppard gig was the worst ive ever heard, way, way too loud! Totally fuggin shocking!! - It was that loud that when Phil Collen took a solo it hurt my ears, seriously!! affraid

I have time & respect for them, but i dont buy any of their Cd's anymore..

cheers

Matty.. cheesin'
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:03 am

Yea, Upscope has lost a lot of respect for them over the last decade. Nothing wrong with living off the memory of "Hysteria".......Everybody's gotta eat right?? Besides it was a GREAT album.....until the airwaves wore it down.
They do a fair share of living off "Pyromania" as well. Truth be told though Upscope doesn't mind one bit because this was the Def Leppard that Upscope grew UP on & respected so much. Nothing but crap ever since.

When Steve Clarke left so did Def Leppard.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:07 am

'Scope wrote:
Yea, Upscope has lost a lot of respect for them over the last decade. Nothing wrong with living off the memory of "Hysteria".......Everybody's gotta eat right?? Besides it was a GREAT album.....until the airwaves wore it down.
They do a fair share of living off "Pyromania" as well. Truth be told though Upscope doesn't mind one bit because this was the Def Leppard that Upscope grew UP on & respected so much. Nothing but crap ever since.

When Steve Clarke left so did Def Leppard.

'Scope

Nail hit squarely on head. The day he died so did Def Leppard as a hard rock/metal band...
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:14 am

Upscope used to LOVE Vivian Campbell until the Lepp's turned him soft core.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 am

'Scope wrote:

'Scope

Viv Campbell seems to have the biggest chips on his shoulder's I'ver ever seen!!!

What happened to him?
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:23 am

Pete wrote:
'Scope wrote:

'Scope

Viv Campbell seems to have the biggest chips on his shoulder's I'ver ever seen!!!

What happened to him?

Wait till you hear what Ronnie James Dio has to say about him & Def Leppard affraid

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:24 am

Great minds think alike huh Matty??

lol!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:28 am

Hey you deleted that post Matty....how come that was funny dude.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:28 am

Yeah, Viv must of said some real "deep" shit about ole Ronnie.

Ron's pissed.. bat

Id also like to know why Zakk Wylde Hates Fred Durst??????

Last edited by Matty35 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:29 am

'Scope wrote:

lol!

'Scope

Nuff said!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:31 am

Matty35 wrote:
'Scope wrote:

lol!

'Scope

Nuff said!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Didn't mean to steal your thunder bro....

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:17 am

Matty35 wrote:
Yeah, Viv must of said some real "deep" shit about ole Ronnie.

Ron's pissed.. bat

Id also like to know why Zakk Wylde Hates Fred Durst??????

Dunno what Viv said. Was very surprised when he was picked to replace Steve...

Still I hope they do get back to the UK this year. Haven't seen Poison with the original line up, so that would be cool despite how bad CC may be...
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:31 am

Pete,

Do you mean bad as in how bad his playing is?? If so, then Upscope has to warn you....through all of his past troubles he is currently on top of his game right now. In the last 2 years Upscope has seen him perform live 6-7 times & he is nailing it.

Upscope has never been that big of a fan of CC's but he's gotta give him credit. He has cleaned himself UP & bounced back nicely. He deserves as much credit for Poison's success as anybody does IUO.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:51 am

'Scope wrote:
Pete,

Do you mean bad as in how bad his playing is?? If so, then Upscope has to warn you....through all of his past troubles he is currently on top of his game right now. In the last 2 years Upscope has seen him perform live 6-7 times & he is nailing it.

Upscope has never been that big of a fan of CC's but he's gotta give him credit. He has cleaned himself UP & bounced back nicely. He deserves as much credit for Poison's success as anybody does IUO.

'Scope

Well if CC is playing well then bonus!!! Get the Leps/Poison tour over here then!
Back to top Go down
Andyearny

Andyearny

Number of posts : 39

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 am

Well me and the wife were lucky enough to meet RJD in 2005 when Doug Aldrich did his stint with the band in the UK. Doug organised the meet and greet and all i can say about Ronnie is that he's a very charming and gracious bloke, he took a bit of a shine to the wife which was cool! On the recent Whitesnake/D Lep tour we came across Viv Campbell and he seemed a little aloof and important so we kept our distance and didn't bother!

I hadn't seen that clip of Ronnie talking about Viv on Youtube, man he must have really pissed Ronnie off... Mad ...what was it he said about him?.......was it from some interview?

The best,
Andy

rock on
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm

Gotta tell you I think Def Leppard was one of my first loves. I think back to when they hit it here in the states and it was such a huge part of my life at the time. They were one of those bands that seemed to define themselves so diferently. I can still remember "photograph" and bleaching our jeans and wearing union jack shirts and it was such a great time in our lives. I think I was around 15 years old and it was one of the first concerts I ever saw and they were amazing. I haven't seen them in modern years because A. I didn't want to hurt those memories and B. I thought they looked like Duran Duran for a while.

Saw a great interview with them in recent years and they seemed a lot more put back into place. Can't wait to hear from all of you how their new concert is and who knows maybe I will give em a shoot if they ever come my way.

Poison-no thanks I'll pass

Very interesting statement from RJD,I would love to see that interview.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Gotta tell you I think Def Leppard was one of my first loves. I think back to when they hit it here in the states and it was such a huge part of my life at the time. They were one of those bands that seemed to define themselves so diferently. I can still remember "photograph" and bleaching our jeans and wearing union jack shirts and it was such a great time in our lives. I think I was around 15 years old and it was one of the first concerts I ever saw and they were amazing. I haven't seen them in modern years because A. I didn't want to hurt those memories and B. I thought they looked like Duran Duran for a while.

Saw a great interview with them in recent years and they seemed a lot more put back into place. Can't wait to hear from all of you how their new concert is and who knows maybe I will give em a shoot if they ever come my way.

Poison-no thanks I'll pass

Very interesting statement from RJD,I would love to see that interview.

When i saw them in 2004 the band put on a great show & a perfect set list, it was just the sound quality... Evil or Very Mad

I have a friend who is "totally" mad on them...I swear that if Joe Elliot farted down a mic & put it out on Cd, he would buy it! Rolling Eyes Laughing

They deserve their spot in rock history for sure!

Again, as for the Viv thing!..man i wish i could find a copy of what he said about old Ronnie, it must of been "bitching".. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:00 am

I'm hearing rumours that Def Leppard have been approached for Download 2009...
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:58 am

Pete wrote:

Metallica to headline Download 2009??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:11 am

'Scope wrote:
Pete wrote:

Metallica to headline Download 2009??

'Scope

See this link... http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/metallica-fest-not-happening-on-download-weekend/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leppard Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leppard Tour
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next