Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leppard Tour

Go down 
+7
Roger. H
Chrissy
Andyearny
Pete
'Scope
Frankie
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Leppard Tour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:16 am

Download is a pretty big festival is it not??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:20 am

'Scope wrote:
Download is a pretty big festival is it not??

'Scope

3 day job. Space for Def Leppard and Metallica to play. Hmm are DL & Metallica both still managed by Mensch and Bernstein???
Back to top Go down
Andyearny

Andyearny

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Matty wrote:
Quote :
I have a friend who is "totally" mad on them...I swear that if Joe Elliot farted down a mic & put it out on Cd, he would buy it!

We came across Joe Elliot who was a very nice guy, very approachable, friendly and down to earth! Personally i love the early D Lepp stuff up to Hysteria, Rock Brigade from OTTN was one of the first songs i learnt to play on the drums, beyond that though i feel their music has just been a regurgitation of stuff that they have done before but a lot more mediocre. Viv Campbell and all the Def Leppard guys are a very polished and professional live act, just not what you would call exciting.......imo Whitesnake just blew them away night after night on their combined UK tour!

Incidentally did you read the stuff Viv Campbell said about Whitesnake......

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/the_dirt/vivian_campbell_vs_david_coverdale1/

Seems he's got a few issues with the tour they did together!

The best,
Andy

rock on
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Cheers for the post Andy, that was interesting reading...sour grapes perhaps Viv!. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me to read Sir Coverdale's head is up his own ass, but sayin that i still love his vocals. Id be more inclined to ask Doug Aldrich & Reb Beach what David is really like.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:38 am

Def Leppard were great on that tour last year, but Whitesnake did indeed blow them away.

Viv seems to be a bit of a noob these days...
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:50 am

Matty35 wrote:

I have a friend who is "totally" mad on them...I swear that if Joe Elliot farted down a mic & put it out on Cd, he would buy it! Rolling Eyes Laughing

:

Wasn't that released as their last album ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:05 am

Roger H wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

I have a friend who is "totally" mad on them...I swear that if Joe Elliot farted down a mic & put it out on Cd, he would buy it! Rolling Eyes Laughing

:

Wasn't that released as their last album ? scratch

lol! lol! lol!

Like it Rog, you cruel, cruel man you!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:16 am

CRUEL ! I thought I was being KIND ! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:35 pm

The last album I actually bought was 'Andrenalize'...and it just wasn't the same. It sounded like a band trying to recreate thier own sound without anyone guiding them...no doubt down to the fact that Mr Clark (RIP) was no longer around to come up with the great riffs. Some great songs on there...but no real classics. There's no 'Hit n Run', 'Photograph', 'Women' etc.

I love 'High n Dry', 'Pyromania' & ' Hysteria'...all brilliant albums that when I listen to bring back some cool memories. Seeing & meeting Leppard, for the 2nd time, at the Newcastle Mayfair just before 'Pyromania' was released and thinkin the new songs were pure class. Then it just went ballistic for them in the US. And all of a sudden Leppard were despised in the UK. I never understood that. They were one of the first UK rock bands in an eternity to make it in the US and I would have thought the fans would be proud. Up till Leppard it was all Duran Duran & Culture Club.

Still apparently the new album is really good, yet to hear it but vert tempted to go get it. I think enough years have passed to give them another chance both on album and live. Like Chrissy said, she didn't want to spoil the memories...I think I can let it go now!!!

Leppard & Poison...sounds good to me. Doubt it will make it to this side of the pond...but here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:45 am

RFFB wrote:
The last album I actually bought was 'Adrenalize'...and it just wasn't the same. It sounded like a band trying to recreate thier own sound without anyone guiding them...no doubt down to the fact that Mr Clark (RIP) was no longer around to come up with the great riffs. Some great songs on there...but no real classics. There's no 'Hit n Run', 'Photograph', 'Women' etc.

I love 'High n Dry', 'Pyromania' & ' Hysteria'...all brilliant albums that when I listen to bring back some cool memories. Seeing & meeting Leppard, for the 2nd time, at the Newcastle Mayfair just before 'Pyromania' was released and thinkin the new songs were pure class. Then it just went ballistic for them in the US. And all of a sudden Leppard were despised in the UK. I never understood that. They were one of the first UK rock bands in an eternity to make it in the US and I would have thought the fans would be proud. Up till Leppard it was all Duran Duran & Culture Club.

Still apparently the new album is really good, yet to hear it but vert tempted to go get it. I think enough years have passed to give them another chance both on album and live. Like Chrissy said, she didn't want to spoil the memories...I think I can let it go now!!!

Leppard & Poison...sounds good to me. Doubt it will make it to this side of the pond...but here's hoping.

Adrenalize = Def Leppard the rock band dying and the birth of the soft rock/pop band. I know we've discussed this elsewhere but once Steve passed the band died a bit too.

He was the balls of the band, with a sense of danger and unpredicability...

The new album is OK, wouldn't hurry down to HMV to get it though...wait for the sales...oh wait the sales are now 365 days a year...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:39 am

Pete wrote:

Adrenalize = Def Leppard the rock band dying and the birth of the soft rock/pop band. I know we've discussed this elsewhere but once Steve passed the band died a bit too.

The new album is OK, wouldn't hurry down to HMV to get it though...wait for the sales...oh wait the sales are now 365 days a year...
As you said...we're on the same track on this one.

HMV? Nah. mate...Zavvi! EVERYTHINGS cheap... lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:43 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

As you said...we're on the same track on this one.

HMV? Nah. mate...Zavvi! EVERYTHINGS cheap... lol!

Was gonna suggest Zavvi, but wasn't sure if they were still open...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:55 am

Pete wrote:

Was gonna suggest Zavvi, but wasn't sure if they were still open...
Quite a few have shut, but the ones in Walsall & B/ham are still going! Gonna take a trip tonight and see what I can pick up. Might even get Asylum on CD!!!!... Shocked ...if they have it!
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:24 am

Wow, that's a pretty cool bill! I'd see it!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:18 pm

kokeakola wrote:
Said the Duck!... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Shelby

Shelby

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:11 pm

I've lost a lot of interest in Def Leppard over the years. I haven't cared too much for anything they've done since "Pyromania." "Hysteria" was over-played, and hearing "Pour Some Sugar On Me" makes me want to throw somebody into traffic! LOL!

Joe Elliott also has a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth! Hearing him talk shit about other bands in almost every interview only makes him look more and more like an ass.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:19 am

Shelby wrote:
I've lost a lot of interest in Def Leppard over the years. I haven't cared too much for anything they've done since "Pyromania." "Hysteria" was over-played, and hearing "Pour Some Sugar On Me" makes me want to throw somebody into traffic! LOL!

Joe Elliott also has a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth! Hearing him talk shit about other bands in almost every interview only makes him look more and more like an ass.

I'm with you on that on. Which is why I'm suprised they're going out on tour with Poison.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:05 am

Pete wrote:
Shelby wrote:

I'm with you on that on. Which is why I'm suprised they're going out on tour with Poison.
It'll amke for an interesting show tho. Each band will definately be trying blow the other off the stage...especially if there's some bad blood between them...
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:19 pm

RFFB wrote:

It'll amke for an interesting show tho. Each band will definately be trying blow the other off the stage...especially if there's some bad blood between them...

ADVANTAGE: Poison

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:20 pm

RFFB wrote:
kokeakola wrote:
Said the Duck!... Rolling Eyes

happy boy

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Shelby

Shelby

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:30 pm

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Shelby wrote:

I was surprised too Pete!

RFFB, you make an interesting point. Could be worth checking out! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:50 am

Shelby wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

It'll make for an interesting show tho. Each band will definately be trying blow the other off the stage...especially if there's some bad blood between them...

I was surprised too Pete!

RFFB, you make an interesting point. Could be worth checking out! Twisted Evil
Gotta admit this is a line up I'd certainly go and see. I've never seen Poison and for good time party RnR they are the band! They are gonna want to destroy Leppard! I'd imagine Poison would be far more entertaining to watch as well. Leppard aren't the most animated of bands!!! As I said on another post enough time has passed since I last saw Leppard so I really should give them another go. I really hope this makes it to the UK.

Was tempted by the Whitesnake/Leppard tour here last year but the Whitesnake I like is the early stuff up to 'Saints & Sinners'. I thought DC just sold out BIG time to crack the US market...and it worked!!! Plus I had some big expenditure last year (KISS euro tour... Very Happy and more) so I bottled it. Probably should have gone tho, 'cos it sounded like a great show from both bands.
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Seriously. Poison is very active on stage w/ a lot of pyro & explosions & such. They're high energy & all over the stage & Bret really knows how to get the crowd involved. Upscope hasn't seen Def Leppard live since '88 so he can't speak for them but if they show UP to this party with all their ballad bullshit they've released over the last several years they are going to get wiped UP by Poison.

As long as it's a co-headliner tour & Poison is not restricted with the amount of room they are allowed & the amount of their stage production they are allowed Def Leppard would probably be better off touring w/ somebody else.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:45 pm

'Scope wrote:
Seriously. Poison is very active on stage w/ a lot of pyro & explosions & such. They're high energy & all over the stage & Bret really knows how to get the crowd involved. Upscope hasn't seen Def Leppard live since '88 so he can't speak for them but if they show UP to this party with all their ballad bullshit they've released over the last several years they are going to get wiped UP by Poison.

As long as it's a co-headliner tour & Poison is not restricted with the amount of room they are allowed & the amount of their stage production they are allowed Def Leppard would probably be better off touring w/ somebody else.

'Scope
Can't see Leppard allowing this really. And as Leppard have never gone for the production side of things...lasers was as far they went stage show wise and a few smoke bombs when they started out....

...I can see Poison running out winners by knock-out!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leppard Tour
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next