Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous Empty
PostSubject: KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous   KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Sarah Rodman of The Boston Globe spoke with KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley. Sections from the interview follow below.

The Boston Globe: Congratulations on the nomination [for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame]. How are you feeling about it?

Stanley: There's a long way between a nomination and induction. That being said, this is really something that I think is exciting. There is a very vocal segment of KISS fans and rock fans who have wanted us in. And so for them I'm very, very pleased.

The Boston Globe: What was the impetus for the new album, since you probably could have carried on successfully as you have until you retired?

Stanley: I think this lineup [with drummer Eric Singer and lead guitarist Tommy Thayer] is so terrific and being in the midst of our most successful, biggest tour ever . . . it was so obvious, not only to me, but to the fans, how great the band is and how quintessentially we are KISS. For me it was just a matter of one stumbling block, and that would be me producing the album. It really was about, at this point, making sure that I didn't have to make apologies for something that came out.

The Boston Globe: Why have Eric and Tommy wear Ace and Peter's makeup? Were the characters they came up with just really lame, like sunflower man or something?

Stanley: We've built those characters over 35 years and the idea that anybody owns those is ridiculous. We were there when they were created and we've worked our butts off for 35 years, so the idea that we should have "snail man" in the band is ridiculous. We did that at one point and realized that it really was a disservice to the fans because the fans know those four iconic figures. That's KISS to everybody, and whether someday somebody wears my makeup, I'd consider it an honor, quite honestly. It would mean that the band is continuing with the same philosophy and thriving without me.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous   KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Matty35 wrote:

The Boston Globe: Why have Eric and Tommy wear Ace and Peter's makeup? Were the characters they came up with just really lame, like sunflower man or something?

Stanley: We've built those characters over 35 years and the idea that anybody owns those is ridiculous. We were there when they were created and we've worked our butts off for 35 years, so the idea that we should have "snail man" in the band is ridiculous. We did that at one point and realized that it really was a disservice to the fans because the fans know those four iconic figures. That's KISS to everybody, and whether someday somebody wears my makeup, I'd consider it an honor, quite honestly. It would mean that the band is continuing with the same philosophy and thriving without me.

Oh no...now Paul is spoutin crap as well as Gene...

What happened to 'Each of us designed our own make-up...it's an extention of our own personalities...', 'The magic when the original 4 is together is something no-one else can achieve...there is only one KISS and it's PC/AF/GS/PS...'

I wish they'd just be honest and say what everybody knows...this is the image that sells...

Jeez, it ain't rocket science...
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous   KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:57 pm

RFFB wrote:

I wish they'd just be honest and say what everybody knows...this is the image that sells...

Bang on mate thums up - Enough with the bullshit, fans can see through it....hang on...errrr, i mean, "some" fans can! - there's a few million people out that would buy a copy of Gene farting down a mic on CD, just because it's Gene Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous   KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 am

Matty35 wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Bang on mate thums up - Enough with the bullshit, fans can see through it....hang on...errrr, i mean, "some" fans can! - there's a few million people out that would buy a copy of Gene farting down a mic on CD, just because it's Gene Rolling Eyes

Already done that. It was called Asshole...I have two copies... Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous   KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISS' Paul Stanely Says The Idea That Anyone Owns Their Character's Makeup Is "Ridiculous
Page 1 of 1