Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-makeup Kiss photo

Go down 
+3
Marty
Chrissy
laxcdn
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Pre-makeup Kiss photo Empty
PostSubject: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:28 am

A 37-year old promotional 8" x 10" photo of KISS has surfaced in an online auction of KISS memorabilia from eBay seller EliteWorks. The picture was taken in the band's rehearsal loft at 10 E. 23rd St in New York City in January 1973, just days after Ace Frehley joined bandmates Gene Simmons, Peter Criss and Paul Stanley. This image illustrates the first version of KISS; predating the creation of their infamous trademark makeup by several weeks. This 8 x 10 was included in the band's first homemade press kits, which were sent out to prospective music industry members. The photo originally belonged to one of KISS's very first roadies.

The KISS auctions can be seen at this location.
http://shop.ebay.com/eliteworks/m.html? ... rom=&_ipg=

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:35 am

That was really cool to see......Why does Gene look like the guy from Twisted Sister?
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:54 am

It doesn't even look like him. LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:47 pm

The guy in Twisted Sister is Dee Snider, and I think you've got Gene mistaken. He's in front of the chick where Peter ought to be, presumedly. So, did Peter replace a chick at the kit, or what???? The photo will enlarge if you click on it. ( be careful) What's really funny is that I remember this picture like it was yesterday, and what's even funnier is that Ace's pants and the chick's top are made from the same fabric!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:25 am

Seen this pic ages ago. It's not really Kiss it's more Wicked Lester if anything..
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:13 am

Pete wrote:
Seen this pic ages ago. It's not really Kiss it's more Wicked Lester if anything..
I never understood that...

Wicked Lester were the band before KISS, as I'm sure you know. So if they had been disbanded (which they were) and this was a new band (which it was) how is it Wicked Lester?

I recall GS/PS briefly considering keeping the name, as they had a contract, but not at the stage of having both PC/AF in the band...maybe PC but by the time AF joined I'm sure the WL idea had died?

Correct me if I'm wrong...!

I first saw this pic at the record store signing Frehley's Comet did back in 88. A Swedish fan brought it with him to get signed. I was transfixed by it! Tried to get him to sell me it or a copy but he said it was extremely rare and didn't want to let it get into the market ...bit like those bootleg hoarders who get their hands on something awesome and keep it to themsleves cos it makes them feel 'special'... :roll:

Still it came out in the 'Still On Fire' book a few years later so his 'rare' pic became not so rare!!!!!

Last edited by RFFB on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:16 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Wicked Lester were the band before KISS, as I'm sure you know. So if they had been disbanded (which they were) and this was a new band (which it was) how is it Wicked Lester?

I recall GS/PS briefly considering keeping the name, as they had a contract, but not at the stage of having both PC/AF in the band...maybe PC but by the time AF joined I'm sure the WL idea had died?

Would you call this band Kiss or Wicked Lester?
maybe they didn't have a name at this point in time?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:21 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Certainly not WL...

It is the KISS line up so I'd have to say it's more KISS...even if the name hadn't been decided on.

I was going to post the same on 'that site' but couldn't be fussed with the hassle it would no doubt cause!!!!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:38 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Certainly not WL...

It is the KISS line up so I'd have to say it's more KISS...even if the name hadn't been decided on.

I was going to post the same on 'that site' but couldn't be fussed with the hassle it would no doubt cause!!!!... Laughing

it's already posted. No fuss caused.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:37 am

Either way that is a really cool picture.......
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:53 am

Weird, isn't it? I guess that relegates the original claim at E-bay into crap. I can kind-of understand what's hapopening in this situation, as my dad grew up tight with Greg and Duane Allman, and played in a few different Daytona Beach based bands ( mid to late 60s) with them before there was ever a recording contract. The only Pre-Allman Brothers incarnation that I've been able to find anything about online, or produced any tangible evidence, was The Allman Joys, and I can find NOTHING about my dad in relation to them. By the way, there was another guy moving in the shadows of pre-Allman Brothers Band lineups named Jim Shepley, whom I remember Dad said "was a different kind of ( blues) player than "D" ( Duane) was," and "was . . . just better at playing ( the blues) with feeling than "D."
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:01 am

wow...thats cool!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:49 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
[Certainly not WL...

it's already posted. No fuss caused.
I haven't been on 'that site' since yesterday or before. Must have missed that debate! But it seems like anytime I come out with anything even remotely 'off the norm' I get put down! Just couldn't be bothered with another pointless debate which simply boils down to opinion...when I know I'm right!!!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:42 am

"When I know I'm right"!!!!!
happy boy happy boy happy boy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:59 am

Chrissy wrote:

Yeah. And therein lies the problem. Everyone thinking they're right.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:17 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Actually the problem is when those who are wrong argue the point!

If you know you are right, and others just can't accept a fact, then that's when things become pointless.

Different opinions are cool, argueing against a fact is just dumb. And, unfortunately there are a lot of those folks around. And I even include myself in that! I have argued a point and been proven wrong, but at least I can accept that!!! Some can't... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:21 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Actually the problem is when those who are wrong argue the point!

If you know you are right, and others just can't accept a fact, then that's when things become pointless.

Different opinions are cool, argueing against a fact is just dumb. And, unfortunately there are a lot of those folks around. And I even include myself in that! I have argued a point and been proven wrong, but at least I can accept that!!! Some can't... Rolling Eyes

Yup. And some people won't admit they're wrong (Mr Spireshite for intances bat )...

I think it's improved over the last 12 months though...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:44 am

Sounds like KISS UK is a bunch of children!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:47 am

Chrissy wrote:
Sounds like KISS UK is a bunch of children!!!

Not at all. Just a few 'interesting, overly opinionated' members sometimes cause issues...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:57 am

well thats good then......its no fun if its all arguing.......Have any of KISS ever posted on there? Was just curious...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:59 am

Chrissy wrote:
well thats good then......its no fun if its all arguing.......Have any of KISS ever posted on there? Was just curious...

Don't think so...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:01 am

thats too bad...with a site that big and so many fans in the UK I would ahve exspected one of them to say hello......

Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:02 am

Chrissy wrote:
Yes...Peter Criss but under the name of Marie!!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 am

Pete wrote:

That's because I've returned to the fold. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

That's because I've returned to the fold. Very Happy

And it's marvellous to see you back on there again sir..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-makeup Kiss photo   Pre-makeup Kiss photo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-makeup Kiss photo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next