Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band

Go down 
+3
Chrissy
Roger. H
Matty35
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band Empty
PostSubject: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 2:25 am

Ruben Mosqueda of Sleaze Roxx spoke with former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick. Following are sections from that interview:

Sleaze Roxx: I was looking at your website and I saw that you attended the KISS show in Anaheim. So I imagine you have heard "Sonic Boom"? What are your thoughts on it?

Bruce Kulick: I have heard it. It's not a record that I have heard a lot. I think I've heard it twice. I knew when it came to the live show they were only going to do two songs live anyway. I think they did two that night, I actually couldn't stay for the whole show as I had a flight the next day to Europe and I still needed to pack. I think it was wonderful that they did a new record, I'm proud of Paul [Stanley] for taking charge and producing the record. It was great that they didn't bring in anyone from the outside and he went for it. The end result was a fine record.

Sleaze Roxx: You and Eric Singer stepped aside when Peter Criss and Ace Frehley came back, Eric eventually returned and now Tommy Thayer is in the band. Were you offered the opportunity to wear the Ace paint? Would you have ever done that?

Bruce: Great question. I do get asked [that] on occasion... To be honest, I'm relieved that I wasn't asked. Honestly, playing the Ace role would be very awkward for me. It was very natural for Tommy to walk into that role, eventually being in KISS ran its course with Ace. If you followed KISS since the reunion with Ace and Peter, there were a number of times where it looked like Ace was going to miss the show, so the band had Tommy dressed up as Ace backstage ready to go. They did a private gig that Ace didn't take part in, Tommy played and then they did the promo for "That '70s Show," Ace didn't want to do it and Tommy stepped in. Tommy played Ace in a KISS tribute band that was very successful. He's a great guitarist and it was very natural for him to be Ace. For me, I think after spending all those years establishing myself as the guitarist in KISS in the non-make-up era, to then put on the paint wouldn't be a good match. Of course, I miss the guys and miss being in the band, but I think Tommy is able to do much more for them than I would be able to right now. Playing that role would not be as comfortable for me as what I used to do. If they did a "Revenge"-era version of the band and I wasn't there I'd be hurt, I'd be very hurt. I'm not hurt now and I think you can understand that sentiment.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:49 am

Absolutely agree with him. It was bad enough trying to accept Tommy in the Make-up, but getting my head 'round Bruce in that role would be impossible. On the other hand, if there was a non-make-up reunion ( Never going to happen ) then it has to be Bruce back in the band............... Or maybe Vinnie !! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:22 pm

He sure sounds like a classy guy....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 am

Chrissy wrote:
He sure sounds like a classy guy....

One of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

Bruce rules.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 am

Love it when he said "...it was very natural for him to be Ace. "

Sums it up perfectly.

Really the only people GS & PS are fooling are the blinkered 'KISS can do no wrong wrong' brigade and those who are so new to the band they probably don't even know who ACE FREHLEY is... Shocked

Not exactly glowing about Sonic Boom tho is he!!!!!
lol!

And yes, he is a great guy. Totally down to earth and as friendly as can be.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 am

RFFB wrote:

Sums it up perfectly.

Really the only people GS & PS are fooling are the blinkered 'KISS can do no wrong wrong' brigade and those who are so new to the band they probably don't even know who ACE FREHLEY is... Shocked

lol!

Hmmm...funny how two people can read the same article and see a totally different story....

He says he's not heard SB much so can't say more than that...pretty honest really and I can't see why you would say it's not a glowing review as he states he's not heard it much...

C'est la vie I guess...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:19 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Sums it up perfectly.

lol!

Hmmm...funny how two people can read the same article and see a totally different story....

He says he's not heard SB much so can't say more than that...pretty honest really and I can't see why you would say it's not a glowing review as he states he's not heard it much...

C'est la vie I guess...
Bruce > "...The end result was a fine record."...not exactly going overboard is he!!!!!

But! I was being flippant!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:30 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Sums it up perfectly.

lol!

C'est la vie I guess...
Bruce > "...The end result was a fine record."...not exactly going overboard is he!!!!!

Define 'Fine'.. Wink .
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:00 am

Pete wrote:
rffb wrote:

Define 'Fine'.. Wink .
lol!

I was joking!!!! Twisting his words to fit what I wanted!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:20 pm

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
rffb wrote:

Define 'Fine'.. Wink .
lol!

I was joking!!!! Twisting his words to fit what I wanted!!!
To suit your anti Tommy agenda... Wink Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Define 'Fine'.. Wink i'll do it Sand happy boy :rolling laughter: :your are nuts: happy boy :rolling laughter: :thats a no, no: happy boy :rockin out: peace
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:42 pm

.Fine is the word you use when you can't think of anything else better to say........
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 1:24 am

Chrissy wrote:
.Fine is the word you use when you can't think of anything else better to say........

You mean like a Fine Wine?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Like 'nice'...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:20 am

RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Like 'nice'...

But there's a difference between fine wine & nice wine...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Like 'nice'...

But there's a difference between fine wine & nice wine...
I was purely making comment to Chrissy's post about fine is used when you can't think of anything else to say...

To just say 'fine' implies a lack of enthusiasm...fine wine is an accepted term used to describe something of quality...its an area where the term 'fine' actually means more than the literal meaning of the word

Dictionary definition fine (adj) - Quite well or satisfactory

If you'd just had a meal and described it as 'fine', its like saying 'neither good or bad'
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:20 pm

....and then there's the other meaning...for example... Chrissy is one "fine" lady!! batting eyelashes
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Chrissy Hugs Marty!!!!!!! group hug
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:42 am

Marty wrote:
....and then there's the other meaning...for example... Chrissy is one "fine" lady!! batting eyelashes
I refer you you back to my post...

RFFB wrote:
...'neither good or bad'

yep...that sums Chrissy up 'finely!'
lol!

(I am ducking and awaiting my virtual slap!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:31 am

I don't hear you...I am still a glow from my buddy Marty's comment!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:30 am

Chrissy wrote:
I don't hear you...I am still a glow from my buddy Marty's comment!
WOW!

I got away with it!!!!... cheer banana man
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:46 am

No you didn't......

I'm saving it for later.......
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 am

Chrissy wrote:
No you didn't......

I'm saving it for later.......
DAMN IT!!!!!!

You know I think you're gorgeous really.... batting eyelashes
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:02 am

Chrissy wrote:
Chrissy Hugs Marty!!!!!!! group hug

It's the truth. I love you
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Well, yeah, but am I the only guy to stand up and say that Marty is a tasteful, honest, dignified, sensitive, compassionate lady? :crazy mofo: Oooh! And gorgeous, she is too! yummy I can't stop myself!!! Whoo! Embarassed Now, I'm all aglow! Embarassed sunny Cool :guitar rock out: Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band   Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former KISS Guitarist Says That He Was "Relieved" That He Wasn't Asked To Rejoin The Band
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next