Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forgotten Gems!

Go down 
+7
Chrissy
'Scope
Roger. H
kokeakola
Pete
RFFB
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Chrissy wrote:
I love L.A. guns they tend to get over looked...I always thought this was a killer song!

Nice 1 Chrissy......Here is Upscope's favorite all time song by LA Guns. They have all these hits yet Upscope likes to find the deeper more obscure songs that appeal to him.

Phil Lewis' version of Guns must agree because they have chosen to OPEN with this song for years where Tracii's vesion doesn't even include it in the set scratch

Phil Lewis > Tracii Guns

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:09 pm

very nice Scope!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:42 am

This still makes the hairs on my neck stand up !!!!
A Classic from a much underrated band. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Roger H wrote:
This still makes the hairs on my neck stand up !!!!
A Classic from a much underrated band. Very Happy Very Happy

Cool tune Rog Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 am

Stranger in This Town is a rock/blues solo album by Richie Sambora, the guitarist from New Jersey band Bon Jovi.

As his first solo album, Sambora experimented with a more blues-oriented sound. He sings lead vocals and plays guitar on the album, backed by Bon Jovi bandmates Tico Torres on drums and David Bryan on keyboards, joined by Tony Levin on bass. Eric Clapton guest stars with a guitar solo on the track "Mr. Bluesman".

"Ballad of Youth", "One Light Burning" and "The Answer" were co-written with colleagues from his former club band Shark Frenzy. "Rosie" was originally intended to be a Bon Jovi song; versions of this song with the full Bon Jovi line-up have surfaced as bootlegs.

"Stranger in this Town" was released in 1991, while Bon Jovi was on a 17 month hiatus. Jon Bon Jovi also put out a solo album in 1990 during this period.

The lead single "Ballad of Youth" reached a high of #63 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 charts.

The song "Stranger in This Town" has been played repeatedly on Bon Jovi's Lost Highway Tour.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:52 am

Matty35 wrote:
Stranger in This Town is a rock/blues solo album by Richie Sambora, the guitarist from New Jersey band Bon Jovi.

As his first solo album, Sambora experimented with a more blues-oriented sound. He sings lead vocals and plays guitar on the album, backed by Bon Jovi bandmates Tico Torres on drums and David Bryan on keyboards, joined by Tony Levin on bass. Eric Clapton guest stars with a guitar solo on the track "Mr. Bluesman".

"Ballad of Youth", "One Light Burning" and "The Answer" were co-written with colleagues from his former club band Shark Frenzy. "Rosie" was originally intended to be a Bon Jovi song; versions of this song with the full Bon Jovi line-up have surfaced as bootlegs.

"Stranger in this Town" was released in 1991, while Bon Jovi was on a 17 month hiatus. Jon Bon Jovi also put out a solo album in 1990 during this period.

The lead single "Ballad of Youth" reached a high of #63 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 charts.

The song "Stranger in This Town" has been played repeatedly on Bon Jovi's Lost Highway Tour.

Hmmm... Wonder where you got this idea from Question Laughing
I agree though!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:01 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

I agree though!

Yes, yes! here's your kudo's & your :burger:

A truly brilliant "overlooked" album. Everyone I've ever played this to has loved it!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:04 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

I agree though!

A truly brilliant "overlooked" album. Everyone I've ever played this to has loved it!

Was thr JBJ solo record 'Young Guns 2' soundtrack? If so that was fuggin awful!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:07 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

I agree though!

Was thr JBJ solo record 'Young Guns 2' soundtrack? If so that was fuggin awful!

I only know "Blaze Of Glory" & "Miracle" from the first film, they were good though!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:09 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

Was the JBJ solo record 'Young Guns 2' soundtrack? If so that was fuggin awful!

I only know "Blaze Of Glory" & "Miracle" from the first film, they were good though!

They're from YG2 I think. They are the only decent tracks on it too!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:59 am

Bad English is the self-titled platinum-selling debut album by American rock band supergroup Bad English, released in 1989.

The band scored two huge hits on the Billboard charts including the #1 hit "When I See You Smile" and #5 hit "Price of Love". In all, five singles were officially released from the album, all charting on the Hot 100.

First single "Forget Me Not" was a major hit at rock radio, spending two weeks at #2 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, but it narrowly failed to hit the pop Top 40. The second single was the Diane Warren-penned power ballad "When I See You Smile", which was a massive multiformat hit, spending two weeks at #1 on the Hot 100, two weeks in the top 10 at rock radio, and getting significant and sustained play at Adult Contemporary radio. But "When I See You Smile" lingered in the pop Top 40 and was still climbing the Adult Contemporary charts, and close to being certified Gold, long after the song had peaked at rock radio. When the decision was made to release a second consecutive power ballad as the album's third single ("Price of Love"), the band released the stomper "Best of What I Got" as a promo to U.S. rock radio, hoping to maintain interest and credibility with the rock audience for their live headlining tour. The plan worked, as "Price of Love" hit the pop top five but didn't receive enough rock radio airplay to hit the 40-place Rock Tracks chart, while "Best of What I Got" surged to #9 there (the band's second-highest showing on that chart), and the band was invited to join the Whitesnake tour beginning in the spring for a second jaunt around the U.S. [1] [2]

A five video collection was released, containing the videos for "Best of What I Got", "Heaven is a 4 Letter Word", "Forget Me Not", "When I See You Smile", and "Price of Love".
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:06 pm

I've only just put 'High n Dry' on by the Lepps and already I'm hooked!

I really had forgotten how good this album is!...To my shame... Embarassed

Never been keen on 'Lady Strange' & 'On Through The Night' but the rest is f*ckin awesome!

Another Hit And Run, Switch 625 & Let It Go are especially class. And there's the other brill power ballard 'Mirror Mirror'. What an album.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 pm

ANGEL
Just about any of them but 'Helluva Band' is the one for me...if ever a band was before their time then this lot were it.

Yes, after this album they did go a bit 'poppy' but on 'Helluva Band' they really rock...seriously. Don't be put off by the ultra hairsprayed & white satin look...this album is full of riffs, swirling keyboards and puts what is classed as 'rock' these days to shame.

Pressure Point, Mirrors & Feelin Right are serious 'in your face' tunes...The Fortune is a pomp rock classic, always reminds me of Stargazer from Rainbow Rising and vice versa. Feelings is just about THE perfect power ballad. Anyway You Want It was the obvious 'we need a single' song and showed the direction for the next few albums. Chicken Soup (dumb title...) I can take or leave.

If you've never heard this album...you really should, 'cos you don't know what you're missing!

Was gonna post a YouTube link but it all sounds shit on there...or the audios been removed 'by record company request'...oh well.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:15 pm

This doesn't sound too bad !! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Since were back in the 70's Smile

The Babys-- Head First.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zk5ZHowcCU&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:15 pm

I always liked this version Of Still you Turn me on. I love you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxHGxQw9ws&feature=related
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Roger H wrote:
This doesn't sound too bad !! Very Happy Very Happy
Yeah, but's not from 'Helluva Band'!!!!!...
Which is what I was looking for... Laughing
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Marty wrote:

The Babys-- Head First.

That's one hell of a song!

Thanks for posting that Marty...just might hunt it out if the rest of the album is like this...is it!!!!???
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:00 pm

RFFB wrote:
Marty wrote:

The Babys-- Head First.

That's one hell of a song!

Thanks for posting that Marty...just might hunt it out if the rest of the album is like this...is it!!!!???

All I have at the present is Anthology. Some of the tunes on the CD are real snoozers Sleep I love Head First and Midnight Rendezvous the most. And "Isn't it time" it's kind of a hit & miss IMO.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Does anyone else dig Disturbed's album "The sickness"?

I think it rocks & still their best release to date! rock on

The Sickness is the debut album by American rock band Disturbed. The album was recorded in 1999 and released on March 7, 2000. Unlike their later albums, which are mixed in style, The Sickness consists primarily of heavier tracks. With over 4 million copies sold in the United States alone, it is the band's most successful album. The cover of the album depicts the birth of a monster, according to David Draiman.

1. "Voices"
2. "The Game"
3. "Stupify"
4. "Down with the Sickness"
5. "Violence Fetish"
6. "Fear"
7. "Numb"
8. "Want"
9. "Conflict"
10. "Shout 2000"
11. "Droppin' Plates"
12. "Meaning Of Life"

David Draiman - vocals
Dan Donegan - guitar, electronics
Steve "Fuzz" Kmak - bass guitar
Mike Wengren - drums, percussion, programming
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:30 am

Def Leppard- Euphoria.

Hidden away after the mess that was Slang and the mess that was to be 'X' this is a great record.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:08 am

Pete wrote:
Def Leppard- Euphoria.

Hidden away after the mess that was Slang and the mess that was to be 'X' this is a great record.

i love Def Leppard
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:48 am

Heard this on the radio in the car today, SUPERB !!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 5:46 pm

My dad grew up with a bassplayer, Bob Greenley, that ended up playing with Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band ( w/ the Rootettes) A loooong time ago, I used to sit around with the guitar player, Ernie Lancaster, in Bob's Sanford, Florida recording studio ( Kingsnake Records), and trade some blues licks. Hilarious stuff came from that guy Root, hilarious!

Drop a quarter in the Juke, and boogie 'till you puke! Form a big boss line, it's pukin' time!

Cleanin' woman found me on the flo'. Can't wait 'till tomorrow to boogie some mo'! OW!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roC_JLOcnxE
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:57 am

Not sure if I've mentioned this before (and I too lazy to check back!) but I want to give a shout out to Crown of Thorns with the S/T album.

My iPod was on shuffle when 'healer' came on. having listened to the full album again for the first time in year this album rocks!

What a great band COT are...

When I have some cash I may try and get some more stuff of theirs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Gems!
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next