Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forgotten Gems!

Go down 
+7
Chrissy
'Scope
Roger. H
kokeakola
Pete
RFFB
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:27 am

Pete wrote:
Not sure if I've mentioned this before (and I too lazy to check back!) but I want to give a shout out to Crown of Thorns with the S/T album.

My iPod was on shuffle when 'healer' came on. having listened to the full album again for the first time in year this album rocks!

What a great band COT are...

When I have some cash I may try and get some more stuff of theirs...

Problem solved, mate! Just ask Obama!!! LLLL
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:31 am

Frethead wrote:
Pete wrote:
Not sure if I've mentioned this before (and I too lazy to check back!) but I want to give a shout out to Crown of Thorns with the S/T album.

My iPod was on shuffle when 'healer' came on. having listened to the full album again for the first time in year this album rocks!

What a great band COT are...

When I have some cash I may try and get some more stuff of theirs...

Problem solved, mate! Just ask Obama!!! LLLL

I would but I doubt he'd help out a little ol' englishman like myself...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 am

Marty wrote:
I always liked this version Of Still you Turn me on. I love you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxHGxQw9ws&feature=related

Greg Lake - the lyrics, the music, the song, the singing! Exquisitely fascinating! And, he's chewing gum!!! Everyday, I'm a little sadder . . . a little madder! Somebody get me a ladder! Thankyou very much, Marty!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Frethead wrote:
Marty wrote:
I always liked this version Of Still you Turn me on. I love you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxHGxQw9ws&feature=related

Greg Lake - the lyrics, the music, the song, the singing! Exquisitely fascinating! And, he's chewing gum!!! Everyday, I'm a little sadder . . . a little madder! Somebody get me a ladder! Thankyou very much, Marty!

The gum chewing is priceless!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:28 am

Matty35 wrote:
Does anyone else dig Disturbed's album "The sickness"?

I think it rocks & still their best release to date! rock on

The Sickness is the debut album by American rock band Disturbed. The album was recorded in 1999 and released on March 7, 2000. Unlike their later albums, which are mixed in style, The Sickness consists primarily of heavier tracks. With over 4 million copies sold in the United States alone, it is the band's most successful album. The cover of the album depicts the birth of a monster, according to David Draiman.

1. "Voices"
2. "The Game"
3. "Stupify"
4. "Down with the Sickness"
5. "Violence Fetish"
6. "Fear"
7. "Numb"
8. "Want"
9. "Conflict"
10. "Shout 2000"
11. "Droppin' Plates"
12. "Meaning Of Life"

David Draiman - vocals
Dan Donegan - guitar, electronics
Steve "Fuzz" Kmak - bass guitar
Mike Wengren - drums, percussion, programming

thums up I still dig it Matty. THE bass player Fuzz was a guitar teacher at my Friends Music store. Same place I take geetar lesson. I'm not sure if he is still in the band or not. scratch I see him in the mall once in a while. Anywho, I Love when locals get signed. They pretty much peaked on that album.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:50 pm

The name frightens me, but, I would like a listen! Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons. Perhaps, I'm afraid of facing my demons.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:17 pm

I guess it is a bit Disturbing Laughing Twisted Evil No Suspect
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:23 pm

Marty wrote:
I guess it is a bit Disturbing Laughing Twisted Evil No Suspect
Wink tongue
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:24 am

Paul Stanley's solo version of a great old, overlooked KISS song.

Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:55 am

Roger H wrote:
Paul Stanley's solo version of a great old, overlooked KISS song.

Great to see that again Rog, good call mate rock on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:50 am

NEW ENGLAND---------Puny Undernourished Kid.........................( A classic song produced by Mr Stanley !!!! rock on )

Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:10 am

O, you've got to love the TV yellow L.P. historic!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:37 am

THE OUTLAWS---------Green Grass and High Tides......................(Southern Boogie at it's BEST !!!! cowboy )

Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 pm

GREAT ! Good stuff, MAAAAAAANNNNNN!

That just warms my heart right on up, to hear that song! You know?! Well . . . maybe not. But, you know how if you wait about twenty minutes after you've had two or three cups of coffee in the morning, or God forbid, the afternoon . . . and then you drink some orange juice or grapefruit juice ( or even some good ol' pineapple juice) and then you wait about twenty minutes? Yeah. That's what I mean. You know how you get that really hot feeling swirling around kind -of like you know it's in your head, but, you feel it in your abdomen?! Yeah, that's a bad hot feeling. I don't mean a bad hot feeling, but a good one, you know? Yeah, it's a good, hot, feeling. I haven't heard that in a really long time, and I owe it all to you, Roger. Thanks, again!!! banana man Eeeuh, I said that! Whoo -whoo!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Roger H wrote:
THE OUTLAWS---------Green Grass and High Tides......................(Southern Boogie at it's BEST !!!! cowboy )

I loved it too ROGER!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 am

BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE-----------Sledge Hammer.

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:54 am

BIG COUNTRY------Fields of Fire.....................(Classic Celtic Rock !!! R.I.P. Stuart Adamson Sad )

Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:33 am

Speaking of the mid -eighties ( and thank you very much for speaking when you do) , how about Mister Mister, Kyrie and Daytona Beach
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:44 am

Hmmmm, not too keen on Bowie, although this version of Heroes is BRILLIANT !!!! Very Happy

APOCALYPTICA Feat. Till Lindemann

Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:03 am

Roger H wrote:
Hmmmm, not too keen on Bowie, although this version of Heroes is BRILLIANT !!!! Very Happy

APOCALYPTICA Feat. Till Lindemann

Oh that is the dude from Rammstein. One of the spookiest concerts I've been too. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:59 am

I LOVE RAMMSTEIN !!!!!!!!! Some of the best concerts I've EVER been to !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Roger H wrote:
I LOVE RAMMSTEIN !!!!!!!!! Some of the best concerts I've EVER been to !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Did he have those boots on? The ones that were on fire? This was years ago, but what a show!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 pm

Marty wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Did he have those boots on? The ones that were on fire? This was years ago, but what a show!!! cheers

BEST shows I've ever seen, and that includes you know who !!!!!!!! You should take a look at their live dvd " Volkerball ", Stunning !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 am

Roger H wrote:
Marty wrote:
Roger H wrote:

BEST shows I've ever seen, and that includes you know who !!!!!!!! You should take a look at their live dvd " Volkerball ", Stunning !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You mean Take That don't you? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Gems!
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next