Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forgotten Gems!

Go down 
+7
Chrissy
'Scope
Roger. H
kokeakola
Pete
RFFB
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:44 am

Pete wrote:
You really don't get this quoting thing do you love? lol!

PATRONIZATION ALERT!!!!!!!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:45 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Moi? Never!!!

Just making an observation. Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:19 am

Hey Chrissy when you go to quote someone, Try leaving some space between the last word quote] and post after the quote] word...see if that might work for you?

I'm horrible at explaining things...I hope I didn't confuse you more. Embarassed If so nevermind I said this peace
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:23 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Oi! just because we are talking to Americans does that mean we can forget basic English!!! (no offence meant to the Americans!!!... Laughing )

But it's an 's'...That's 'S' my friend!

Bloody 'z'!!!!

We are English remember!!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:45 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Oi! just because we are talking to Americans does that mean we can forget basic English!!! (no offence meant to the Americans!!!... Laughing )

But it's an 's'...That's 'S' my friend!

Bloody 'z'!!!!

We are English remember!!... Laughing

Did not want to point that out but.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:44 am

Razz

Hey I have improved!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:03 am

From the Cambidge Dictionary :

patronize, UK USUALLY patronise Show phonetics
verb [T] DISAPPROVING
to speak to or behave towards someone as if they are stupid or unimportant:
Stop patronising me - I understand the play as well as you do.

patronizing, UK USUALLY patronising Show phonetics
adjective
It's that patronizing tone of hers that I can't bear.

From the Collins Concise Dictionary :

patronize or -ise
To behave or treat in a condescending way.

Both ENGLISH dictionaries show the Z way of spelling first, but both ways are acceptable,
except to pedantic Englishmen!!!
PENDANT
A person who relies too much on academic learning or is concerned chiefly
with INSIGNIFICANT detail !!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 am

Matty35 wrote:
kokeakola wrote:
I've got to put Warrant's latest "Born Again" (the one with Jaime St. James) in this category. I absolutely love this album! Tracks like "Dirty Jack", "Angels", "Rollercoaster", "Down In Diamonds"....it's just a great listen, and will probably be largely forgotten because of the whole bringing back Jani Lane fiasco. Any rock fan who doesn't have it, should check it out!

"Angels" is an awesome track Mark.. rock on

Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies

Following Alice in Chains' extensive 1993 world tour, Staley said the band "just wanted to go into the studio for a few days with our acoustic guitars and see what happened"... "We never really planned on the music we made at that time to be released. But the record label heard it and they really liked it. For us, it was just the experience of four guys getting together in the studio and making some music."

"No Excuses" being my personal fave from the album.

cheers

Matty.. peace

That is their best album. I absolutely love those acoustic tunes.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:51 am

Roger H wrote:
From the Cambidge Dictionary :

patronize, UK USUALLY patronise Show phonetics
verb [T] DISAPPROVING
to speak to or behave towards someone as if they are stupid or unimportant:
Stop patronising me - I understand the play as well as you do.

patronizing, UK USUALLY patronising Show phonetics
adjective
It's that patronizing tone of hers that I can't bear.

From the Collins Concise Dictionary :

patronize or -ise
To behave or treat in a condescending way.

Both ENGLISH dictionaries show the Z way of spelling first, but both ways are acceptable,
except to pedantic Englishmen!!!
PENDANT
A person who relies too much on academic learning or is concerned chiefly
with INSIGNIFICANT detail !!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
OMG.

You actually looked it up!!! In two dictionaries!!! Above n beyond the call of duty!!!

But now I'm wondering why the Dictionaries mentioned are showing the US spelling!!!?

The English language is most certainly not insignificant...It's just not on...not on, I say!!! ... Laughing
(but in truth spelling words with a 'z' and not an 's' actually makes it phonetically correct as most s'es get pronounced as a 'z' anyway!!!...and TigerTails just isn't right... Laughing Laughing Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:47 am

Marty wrote:
BONHAM----The Disregard of Timekeeping---"Wait for you" drummer

THE FIRM--RADIO ACTIVE Smile

Good call Marty! 2 of my favs too!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:37 am

Rev wrote:
Marty wrote:
BONHAM----The Disregard of Timekeeping---"Wait for you" drummer

THE FIRM--RADIO ACTIVE Smile

Good call Marty! 2 of my favs too!

'Radio Active' is a good call!! Forgot allabout that song.

bottom's up

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:33 am

Lynch / Pilson "Wicked Underground"

Released 2003

While Mr. Lynch lays down some of the finest guitar riffs he’s ever cooked up since Wicked Sensation, Mr. Pilson meets him head-on with gentle, lilting vocals and rich, evocative melodies which create some damn fine music.

The first track starts things rocking after about 30 seconds of teasing. “Breath & A Scream” is all George: heavy and aggressive, until you hear Jeff Pilson’s mature, neo-Jon Anderson, “Yes”–like harmonies. Bassist Pilson has become a confident singer who etches out his own place in rock -- his voice is at-once desperate and beautiful, then braying and raw.

1. Breath & A Scream
2. Beast In The Box
3. When You Bleed
4. Vaccine
5. Ever Higher
6. Zero The End
7. The Evil That You Are
8. Awaken
9. Cromanic
10. Goodbye Utopia
11. Inner View
12. Closer To None

"The Evil That You Are" is my personal fave rock on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:24 am

Rainbow - Long Live Rock 'n' Roll

Long Live Rock 'n' Roll is the third studio album released by Rainbow, released in 1978.

Although Bob Daisley & David Stone are listed on the album credits for their contributions they joined the band part way through the recording sessions and only appear on a couple of tracks. (Stone part wrote "Gates of Babylon" but was never credited). Blackmore played most of the bass parts himself for the album.

"Kill the King" was already a staple part of the tour setlists, opening Rainbow concerts since mid-1976. It first appeared on the live album On Stage in 1977.

The original vinyl release was in a gatefold-sleeve, with a lyric-sheet insert. The crowd picture is actually from a Rush concert, with the wording on the banner the fans were actually holding replaced by the Rainbow album title and the visible Rush t-shirts airbrushed to black.

Long Live Rock 'n' Roll was remastered on CD for the US market in April 1999, with the European version following later. The US version had a matte booklet/ insert, which matched the original vinyl sleeve for all markets, whereas the European issue was the standard glossy type.

In the 1977-78 live concerts the title track and "Kill the King" were the only songs performed, although "LA Connection" did get a few airings on the US tour before being dropped from the set.

This was Rainbow's last album to feature Ronnie James Dio on vocals. He left to join Black Sabbath, and was replaced by Graham Bonnet.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:28 am

one of my favorites that I don't think gets a lot of whats due:

Damn Yankees...love them and their music!
Go Ted!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 pm

I love L.A. guns they tend to get over looked...I always thought this was a killer song!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:04 pm

STARZ - VIOLATION

I just LOVE this album. Starz just never seemed to really take off but listening to this I ain't sure why? 'Cherry Baby' & 'Sing It, Shout It' were fine examples of 70's pop/rock and should have been the hit single/s to break the band...but...

And in 'Violation', 'Subway Terror' & 'Rock Six Times' we have some even better 70's rock riffs!!!

The rest of the album is just as good and a bit quirky at times but still well cool! Oh yeah and in 'Cool One' we have the classic line "I lost it all in my popcorn box!"
Still wanna share me popcorn Chrissy!!!???... Laughing
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:45 pm

3 Colours Red - Pure

This is a TRUE forgotten gem! Sorely, and criminally, overlooked by almost everyone! Full of real sleazy low down n dirty tunes with a good bit of punk attitude thrown in for that extra bite.

If you ain't heard these lot then you really should check them out. Should have been massive but something just didn't click.

'Pure' is a brilliant album which gets played very often by me!!! Especially when I'm going out 'cos it just puts you right in the mood to party!!!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:24 am

W.A.S.P. is the debut eponymous album by W.A.S.P., released August 17, 1984. The album has been known under three different names. The spine of the vinyl release has Winged Assassins printed on it. Cassette releases of the album had the first track of the album, I Wanna Be Somebody printed in bold letters, as was common for albums named after the first track. The album is now usually referred to as W.A.S.P..

The Song "Sleeping (In the Fire)" has been covered by Tiamat, "Hellion" by Children of Bodom, "L.O.V.E. Machine" by Fallen Man in 2007, Lullacry and Fozzy, and "I Wanna Be Somebody" by Sentenced, Catamenia and Witchery. The Song "School Daze" has been noted to be an adaption of Alice Cooper's "School's Out."

On its original release, iconic track "Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)" was removed after record company objections. It was released on an independent label in the UK as a single, then re-instated for the 1998 reissue. Songs are written and composed by Lawless, except "Tormentor" by Lawless & Holmes and "The Flame" by Lawless, Holmes & J. Marquez.

Their song "I Wanna Be Somebody" achieved much success that it was ranked #84 on VH1's list of the top 100 hard rock songs.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:36 am

Always loved 'The Torture Never Stops'...great song.

I really need to go get this on CD...thanks for the reminder, Matty!!!!... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:33 am

Old Canadian band called Icon.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:56 am

RFFB wrote:
Always loved 'The Torture Never Stops'...great song.

I really need to go get this on CD...thanks for the reminder, Matty!!!!... Very Happy

Brilliant album mate, got yourself the remastered version - It features "F*ck like a beast!" :rockin out: thums up
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:49 pm

XYZ Great band....Can't understand why they never were bigger. Marc Diglio is such a good guitarist and never got his due!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:47 am

Chrissy wrote:

XYZ Great band....Can't understand why they never were bigger. Marc Diglio is such a good guitarist and never got his due!
Thread merge!!!!!!

And with that we have the winner for worst band name!!!!

Seeing ABC was taken did they just go to the other end of the alphabet!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:07 am

HaHa I never thought of that...
probably why they never did so good!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:36 am

Chrissy wrote:

Totally Chrissy!! rock on

Their first album (self titled) & their second "Hungry" are brilliant!! If you love Dokken? check these out!! - Matty recommends!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems!   Forgotten Gems! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Gems!
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next