Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your most unloved band....

Go down 
+6
RFFB
Pete
Matty35
kokeakola
Roger. H
Chrissy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:28 am

Yes, I believe they are ! And well deserved too !!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:30 am

Roger H wrote:
Yes, I believe they are ! And well deserved too !!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I agree!! Funny video. Band is ok too...

Staind seem like one of this 'Music to slit your wrists to' bands...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:31 am

As were most of the bands of that ilk. IMHO. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:16 am

Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 10_1_2
Whatever!

Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 Sig
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:23 am

Chrissy wrote:
Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 10_1_2
Whatever!

Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 Sig

Do you feel you're being got at love?

Come here then... group hug
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:34 am

thank you.... batting eyelashes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:36 am

Chrissy wrote:
thank you.... batting eyelashes

Aww Shucks... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:40 am

I never liked the Wild Hearts, couldn't see what all the fuss was about Sleep
im sorry
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:43 am

Matty35 wrote:
I never liked the Wild Hearts, couldn't see what all the fuss was about Sleep
im sorry

After seeing them live about 15 times I wholeheartedly agree!!
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Ahah, I thought I would throw a couple into the mix here Razz

Having had the misfortune of seeing these two bands, never do I want it to happen again.

About 2 years ago, I saw Heaven and Hell and they were supported by some band called Lamb of God. Now everyone around me convinced me how good they would be so i was quite anticipating something special Shocked Shocked What i saw was 45 minutes of actual noise. The mix was just awful, the guitars were completely indistinguishable and the vocals were awful. The drums were poorly mic'd up which made it sound essentially like mush for three quarters of an hour. The solos were poor, nothing about the band was great. Very very bad in my opinion.

Last year, I saw Megadeth on their UK Gigantour supported by some band i'd never heard of and another band i'd never heard of. I turned up just before the second band... Job for a Cowboy. They were similar to Lamb of God, maybe worse. Couldn't deal with seeing those guys again.

My third band would have to be The Arctic Monkeys simply because of the amount of respect amateur and novice guitarists give to this guy Alex Turner who is the singer and lead guitarist. There is nothing clever about any of their songs, the chords are all strum ding power chords and their solos are real poor in my opinion. I always tell kids to go and listen to guys like Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Alan Holdsworth to get a great range of fantastic guitarists. But because its not popular with the young kids, its gotta be rubbish... uhm kk!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:16 pm

Skezza wrote:
Ahah, I thought I would throw a couple into the mix here Razz

Having had the misfortune of seeing these two bands, never do I want it to happen again.

About 2 years ago, I saw Heaven and Hell and they were supported by some band called Lamb of God. Now everyone around me convinced me how good they would be so i was quite anticipating something special Shocked Shocked What i saw was 45 minutes of actual noise. The mix was just awful, the guitars were completely indistinguishable and the vocals were awful. The drums were poorly mic'd up which made it sound essentially like mush for three quarters of an hour. The solos were poor, nothing about the band was great. Very very bad in my opinion.

Last year, I saw Megadeth on their UK Gigantour supported by some band i'd never heard of and another band i'd never heard of. I turned up just before the second band... Job for a Cowboy. They were similar to Lamb of God, maybe worse. Couldn't deal with seeing those guys again.

My third band would have to be The Arctic Monkeys simply because of the amount of respect amateur and novice guitarists give to this guy Alex Turner who is the singer and lead guitarist. There is nothing clever about any of their songs, the chords are all strum ding power chords and their solos are real poor in my opinion. I always tell kids to go and listen to guys like Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Alan Holdsworth to get a great range of fantastic guitarists. But because its not popular with the young kids, its gotta be rubbish... uhm kk!

Can't wait for Matty to see this...Aught to be good considering Lamb of God is in the tops for him!!!
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:00 am

Maybe the mix was working against them. I understand that support bands have less equipment and less time to setup, however other bands who have had crappy sounding mixes have still been able to perform well. Lamb of God just didn't seem to do either. I saw Testament a few weeks back and the mix was god awful, but the performance was great so it didnt matter! I also saw Black Label Society a few years ago supporting the Ozzman and he had a cracking mix as a support band, so its hard for me to justify the bad mix argument. Plus, it was a great performance by BLS. Never been much of a fan but they were awesome when I saw them! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your most unloved band....   Your most unloved band.... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your most unloved band....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3