Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... Empty
PostSubject: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:43 am

Got back very late last night so didn't have time to post anything and am at work now so this will be a short version!

In a nutshell...This tour ROCKS!!!!!! It ain't perfect but compared to ALIVE 35 this walks all over it. Better show, better setlist, Paul sound pretty good - not as good as of old but nothing like the abysmal performances on ALIVE 35.

The entrance is spectacular! I am slowly 'warming...just a little' to TT. Still think it sucks he is made to play ACE's solos but seeing as I know what to expect now, it's no real surprise, and he really won't have a say in the matter.

Down side...poor choice of set opener...some songs have just been played to death (I Love It Loud, 100,000 Years)...Crazy Nights is as bad as I expected it to be...Animal does not work...100,000 Years is just dull... ES bazooka is embarrassing

Up side...ticket sales were not as bad as rumoured...A quater of Sheffield and Newcastle curtained off at the most. Both Sheffield and Newcastle did @ 7,000 sales. The stage show is the best since Revenge...Say Yeah is just awesome...the band sound and look really good...the joint TT/ES solo is really cool...pretty decent set list...could always be better...have to admit that while CN sounds like a mess the crowds loved it...the effects are excellent...yet to see the full stage as I was front row both nights but the screens look pretty cool from what I've seen - if tempramental! Most of the screens stage left failed at Newcastle, big explosion then screens died!!!! Still being up close it made no diff to me.

Also on a plus met all but Stanley at Newcastle. Pic taken with ES. Gene looks OLD...very old. Hasn't aged well at all.

Overall, this is shaping up to be a great tour. Newcastle definatley had the edge over Sheffield also, which made me even happier!!!!! Really looking forward to the other shows, should be good!!!!!

And a wee bit of goss...from the mouth of ES...PS actually didn't and doesn't(!) want to do the Euro tour, he wants to be at home with his wife and kid. And after all their talk about seeing Liverpool they stayed an extra night in Newcastle because, ready for this?..."They really liked the hotel!!!!!" So much for seeing the sites of your heroes that influenced you so much... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by RFFB on Tue May 04, 2010 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:16 am

Sounds good!!! Can't wait to see the pictures..

I think Pete's first show is tonight!!!!

Go Pete!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Hey I just talked with Adam and Pete!!!! They are in Birmingham and met up!!! That is really cool..Sure hope they took a picture I threatened them both so I have about a 2% chance...lol....
Thanks guys for taking the time to say hello!!!!! Hope the concert is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:53 am

Chrissy wrote:
Hey I just talked with Adam and Pete!!!! They are in Birmingham and met up!!! That is really cool..Sure hope they took a picture I threatened them both so I have about a 2% chance...lol....
Thanks guys for taking the time to say hello!!!!! Hope the concert is fantastic!

Hey Chrissy! Nice to talk to you. You sound sexy!

My review of Brum (Birmingham).

Fucking Awesome! Oh and Paul having a go a Bono? BRILLIANT!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:06 am

Sexy? what's wrong with you English...that's fatigue..........lol

Alright about your review..I hope thats not it! Assuming how late the show ended and the fact work is today is a good reason to have to wait....But......Whats do you mean by Bono?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:44 am

Chrissy wrote:
Sexy? what's wrong with you English...that's fatigue..........lol

Alright about your review..I hope thats not it! Assuming how late the show ended and the fact work is today is a good reason to have to wait....But......Whats do you mean by Bono?

You sound sexy fatigued or not!

Not in work (and haven't been for a few days now) until 17th May!

Great show. I agree with Adam on most things except Crazy Nights. Love it. Sounds great to me!

Paul's Bono rant, Paul in typical rock n roll is fun type spiel. Then goes on...'There's this one rock star who stands there clapping his hands and tells the crowd everytime I clap my hands a child in Africa dies'...Paul's response...Stop clapping your fucking hands then!! Brilliant!

No shows now until Monday, getting withdrawal symptons!! Bit tired now so off for a nap in a bit!

Again lovely to talk to you last night, sexy Californian lady!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:50 am

well thank you.....
I get it now.....He does seem to have a thing for Bono..mentioned something like that when they were in Chicago....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:53 am

Chrissy wrote:
well thank you.....
I get it now.....He does seem to have a thing for Bono..mentioned something like that when they were in Chicago....

That'll be because Bono is a complete and utter hypocritical cock. He could ease the suffering in Africa with his personal fortune but he doesn't. Anyway this is a Kiss thread and this tour is great!

Right off to bed for a bit!

TTFN
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:55 am

KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... 7_11_117
maybe when you get done with your beauty sleep you'll post some pictures!!!!! and review the show for us!!!!!!!

KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... Sig
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:13 pm

OK, Birmingham 05/05/10...this show just keeps gettin better and better. For me Newcastle just had the edge but that's prob down to the fact that seeing your fav band in your home city is strangely special.

Was really good to meet up with Pete and a load of the folks from that other site! Seeing the whole stage show was just amazing. Love the explosions in Detroit Rock City & Rock And Roll All Nite. The light show is pretty cool but, in truth I think they've had better, but that screen!!! Stunning!

And while I think they have many many better songs than Crazy Nights last night it was ok! And Pete had a wee jig to it!!!!

Have I said I'm lovin this tour? Cos I am!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:11 am

Returned yesterday from a very exciting, tiring, frantic and expensive 4 days in Dublin. Met up with lots of friends, did the Guinness Storehouse tour, drank and ate massess, Mrs H shopped for England, worried about getting back to Blighty.............oh, and saw the Hottest Band in the World play a blinder of a gig. Really like the O2 Dublin as a venue and will consider going back for other bands in the future. now for a bit of a rest before London on Wednesday and Thursday. Hope the guys have a great time in Manchester tonight, wish I was there but body and bank balance won't allow it !! Sad
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:13 pm

sounds so good Roger..Glad you had such a great time!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:09 am

Manchester was freaking AWESOME!! Best show of the tour I've seen. This band just keeps getting better!

Oh and Chrissy, sorry love. I don't take photo's at shows as I'm too busy rocking out.

If you want to see pics of all nights so far head over to www.kissinuk.com/bb and go to the Sonic Boom Tour Forum. Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:01 pm

ok...the last 4 shows

GLASGOW
simply outstanding...stayed by the mixer desk as I wanted to video some of the gig and get full stage photos but even back there the atmosphere was amazing. KISS plyed a stormin show and both TT & GS both rated this show highly. 1st total sell out crowd of the tour. Loved it when the crowd started singin Pauls name before IWMFLY. Got a GS flag band picture pick. My top show of the tour.

Manchester
99% sold out but strangely I didn't think the crowd was that rowdy or noisy. Got in late and walked right to front. Unheard of back in the day. Went down GS side for the 1st time and glad I did. GS looks brill in his new armour and sounds great. He my not be as energetic as of old but I hope I'm as fit at his age. Didn't feel the energy at this show and it just didn't do it for me. Not a bad show at all, but not as good as others. Got 2 PS guitar picks.

London 1st night
small crowd of about 6000 from a 10-11,000 capacity. But you wouldn't have been able to tell. The crowd was well up for it. Another stunning show. Down GS side again. Got in late again and ended up right on the barrier. Both TT & GS rated this as the best show of the tour but that was before the 2nd night!!!! Show started 15 mins late.

LONDON THURSDAY 13th MAY 2010
O...M...G! Sold out! Totally. London crowds are renowned for being 'snooty' & 'stand-offish'...not this one! Loud doesn't even come close. A few too many drunk kids who nearly got beaten up by several people who they were pissing off but at the end of the day...it ain't a Take That show! Met so many folk from the KISS site down the front too which was great fun...The band went up a gear and really ripped it up. 2nd best show, just pipped by Glasgow. Caught a plec thrown by TT smack bang in my hand...only to find he'd thrown out a PS pick!!!! Noooooo! The pre-show intro video was not the pre-recorded one...it really DID show KISS walkin to the stage at Wembley. Thought that a nice touch.

All shows had the same set list with just minor variations in the staging. PS rapped between songs more at the shows from Glasgow on. Overall the best tour since 1980. Now, can I get to anymore before it's over? Hmm???? Very Happy

Oh yeah! And Shannon was hangin around after the 2nd show at Wembley. Went to take a neb and man she looks wierd! Her lips and eyes just don't look normal...at all! Really don't get why people get plastic surgery. We are all supposed to age, it's natural and when she didn't even need it in the first place...Asked if she was enjoying her stay and got a reply of 'yeah, everythings nice'

Last edited by RFFB on Sat May 15, 2010 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:12 pm

RFFB wrote:
ok...the last 4 shows

O...M...G! Sold out! Totally. London crowds are renowned for being 'snooty' & 'stand-offish'...not this one! Loud doesn't even come close. A few too many drunk kids who nearly got beaten up by several people who they were pissing off but at the end of the day...it ain't a Take That show! Met so many folk from the KISS site down the front too which was great fun...The band went up a gear and really ripped it up. 2nd best show, just pipped by Glasgow. Caught a plec thrown by TT smack bang in my hand...only to find he'd thrown out a PS pick!!!! Noooooo! The pre-show intro video was not the pre-recorded one...it really DID show KISS walkin to the stage at Wembley. Thought that a nice touch.

All shows had the same set list with just minor variations in the staging. PS rapped between songs more at the shows from Glasgow on. Overall the best tour since 1980. Now, can I get to anymore before it's over? Hmm???? Very Happy

Had that problem too, but they strangely disappeared after a look and a warning !! Very Happy scratch Laughing

EXCEPT ME !!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 5:05 am

Roger H wrote:
RFFB wrote:
ok...the last 4 shows

Had that problem too, but they strangely disappeared after a look and a warning !! Very Happy scratch Laughing

EXCEPT ME !!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Wink
The funniest bit for me was one of the drunk emo kiddies started crowd surfing before the band came on. His mates dropped him...fell face down on the floor and broke his nose!!!! Me n my mate were pissing ourselves laughing!!! My mate goes 'his nose just expanded to twice the size!!!' and was it bleeding! He started wiping it and shaking his head so he got a 'if any of your blood gets on me I'll f**kin kill you' ...he moved away!!!!!

Glammy D, Kissmad76, Gary5150, Shane, Frehley75 but no Hairychin...now I'm just feeling guilty!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:41 am

I met you sir!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:29 am

Pete wrote:
I met you sir!
You certainly did...just not at the front at Wembley!!! Thats a list of all down the front!! In the same place at the same time!!!!!

It was wild!!!!!

It was cool to meet up with you again also. Had a great time at B/ham chatting with you and Dan (amongst all the others we ran into) - Have to say FatherJacks Mrs...like WOW!!!!!... I would have told him but I couldn't speak!!!!...Very Happy

oh...if I can get the pic off my phone can I post it? It'll keep Chrissy happy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:17 am

Pete...please say yes.....I know Adam loves it when I nag and nag and nag...But we wanna see too!!!! Feel so left out and it is nice to share the tou with you guys including the stories and the phone call was way cool!!! And while you're at it seems there has been pictures of you and Roger posted on the "other" site I mean come on share!!!!!!!!

Glad you too hooked up again.....Too bad all of you couldn't at the same time...Better go see another show then...Do it right this time!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:29 am

Chrissy wrote:
Pete...please say yes.....I know Adam loves it when I nag and nag and nag...But we wanna see too!!!! Feel so left out and it is nice to share the tou with you guys including the stories and the phone call was way cool!!! And while you're at it seems there has been pictures of you and Roger posted on the "other" site I mean come on share!!!!!!!!

Glad you too hooked up again.....Too bad all of you couldn't at the same time...Better go see another show then...Do it right this time!!! Wink

Here you go Chrissy...

Roger and I.
KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... P1000001

I hope Kiss come back to the UK soon and the good US folks of FMF are able to join us!

I had a blast and am finding it really difficult to come down to earth again.

To think that in 2003 I wrote Kiss off thinking I'd nver see them again, since when I been to 5 shows in about two years!

This band is currently MONSTROUS. The only thing that can stop them now is Paul & Gene's advancing years...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:26 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Here you go Chrissy...

Roger and I.
KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... P1000001

I hope Kiss come back to the UK soon and the good US folks of FMF are able to join us!

I had a blast and am finding it really difficult to come down to earth again.

To think that in 2003 I wrote Kiss off thinking I'd nver see them again, since when I been to 5 shows in about two years!

This band is currently MONSTROUS. The only thing that can stop them now is Paul & Gene's advancing years...

Very nice and thank you!!! Wow Roger you have some smokin hot tattoos poking out there!!! nice to see you guys really..We spend so much time here together it is really nice to occasionaly see you as well.!!!!

i'm sad for you all that the tour came and went but it sure sounds like a wonderful time...And yes Pete having all of us Rock out to KIss would be the best!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:27 am

Chrissy wrote:

Very nice and thank you!!! Wow Roger you have some smokin hot tattoos poking out there!!! nice to see you guys really..We spend so much time here together it is really nice to occasionaly see you as well.!!!!

i'm sad for you all that the tour came and went but it sure sounds like a wonderful time...And yes Pete having all of us Rock out to KIss would be the best!!!!

My tattoos are hidden under my sleeves. Would love more but I think a divorce would follow....
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:05 am

Divorce over tats? hope not...I love tattoos so if you want more you should get more....Hope you show them off someday...
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Hey Hey what a pleasant surprise. Looking Good guy's. batting eyelashes Full metal meetings are always a happy time!!!! group hug cheers drunks
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:14 am

Chrissy wrote:
Divorce over tats? hope not...I love tattoos so if you want more you should get more....Hope you show them off someday...

Oh yes. When I got the one on my chest she went ballistic and I ended up sleeping on the sofa!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...   KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISS - Sonic Boom UK tour has started!!! a brief review...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next