Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:29 am

The Cult / The Mission & Killing Joke!!!!

Now THAT's what I call an outstanding line up!!... cheer

And I'm sure top price tickets won't be £140 either...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:50 am

RFFB wrote:
The Cult / The Mission & Killing Joke!!!!

Now THAT's what I call an outstanding line up!!... cheer

And I'm sure top price tickets won't be £140 either...

Yet if The Tour comes to the UK you'll be at one show at least... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:00 am

Pete wrote:
If KISS come to the UK I'll be at every show they do, and prob some Euro dates also, as I believe this is their swansong.

But after Motleys awful B/ham show with Leppard, and the sad LV shows (must not watch Youtube!!!), I have to say I am losing (if not lost) interest in Motley.

Vince sounds like a strangled cat being castrated without any anestetic(sp)

Can't believe they came back with a stunning new album and have pretty much overlooked it already. SOLA & the awful MF of the Year as the only 2 songs from it played last year on the UK shows. Poor.

I bet KISS do the same with SB, I'll be surprised to see more than 2 songs remain in the set and MDD will prob be one of them and it's shit!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:28 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
If KISS come to the UK I'll be at every show they do, and prob some Euro dates also, as I believe this is their swansong.

But after Motleys awful B/ham show with Leppard, and the sad LV shows (must not watch Youtube!!!), I have to say I am losing (if not lost) interest in Motley.

Vince sounds like a strangled cat being castrated without any anestetic(sp)

Can't believe they came back with a stunning new album and have pretty much overlooked it already. SOLA & the awful MF of the Year as the only 2 songs from it played last year on the UK shows. Poor.

I bet KISS do the same with SB, I'll be surprised to see more than 2 songs remain in the set and MDD will prob be one of them and it's shit!!!

But Vince has always sounded like that....(Motley were excellent at Manchester btw)...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 am

Pete wrote:
But Vince has always sounded like that....(Motley were excellent at Manchester btw)...
No, he's got worse from what I'm hearing on the dreaded Utube. At least he used to screach in tune, this was just painful to listen too.

In fact I couldn't listen to an entire song.

And the acoustic version of Bastard was as bad I thought it would be!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:40 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
No, he's got worse from what I'm hearing on the dreaded Utube. At least he used to screach in tune, this was just painful to listen too.

In fact I couldn't listen to an entire song.

And the acoustic version of Bastard was as bad I thought it would be!!!

Listening on youtube is the equivalent to listening on a tinny cheap pair of headphones though...still Vince has never been the best 'singer' around...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:21 am

screeches in tune!!!!!!! ha ha ha

Of course everyone will go and see this.
Everyone will complain about how Vince cant sing but like Pete said he hasnt been able to sing since 86...

I thought Paul sounded horrid on The Jimmy Kimmel show. It surprised me how much he "talked" the song. No wonder they did Dr. Love for a second song so he didnt have to sing. I really hope this tour they spread out the vocals more so he can get through the tour. Sure it must be hard being an older singer and having people critisizing your every note but thats what you signed up for.

BTW the new costumes are gay! Paul looks like a cockatoo and Gene looks like he got i a fight with puff the magic dragon....dumb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 am

Pete wrote:
Listening on youtube is the equivalent to listening on a tinny cheap pair of headphones though...still Vince has never been the best 'singer' around...
Actually I invested in a sub-woofer speaker system and the sound is remarkably good even on utube. That's why it shows up the failings even more so than usual.

And that's why I had to turn it off...

...and while I'm on, M Mars ain't that hot eiether!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:06 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Actually I invested in a sub-woofer speaker system and the sound is remarkably good even on utube. That's why it shows up the failings even more so than usual.

Considering what Mick is suffering from I applaud him every time he takes to the stage.

Youtube...fucking up live performances of bands since 2000 (or there abouts).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:00 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Considering what Mick is suffering from I applaud him every time he takes to the stage.

Youtube...fucking up live performances of bands since 2000 (or there abouts).
Wasn't dissing what he is enduring...but he nevr was much of a guitar player. His solo during the show was, and is, simply terrible.

Ha! Youtube can only show what a band delivered!!!! As long as it's not some crappy footage taken off some idiots phone there is actually some pretty awesome footage out there.

My main prob with Utube is I watch it after watching the show and it shows up everything you missed due to volume and excitement of being there! Which is not really a good thing...

Still, I'm sure The Cult, The Mission & Killing Joke will be an outstanding show and once I get home that's one ticket I am certainly buying... Very Happy

Last edited by RFFB on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:53 am

RFFB wrote:

My main prob with Utube is I watch it after watching the show and it shows up everything you missed due to volume and excitement of being there! Which is not really a good thing...

That's what I mean by Youtube fucking up live performances...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:43 am

Must remember to go get tickets for thsi...or Chrissy will kill me!!

Oh, but it'll be cancelled anyways!!!!

Won't it, Chrissy?... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:07 am

RFFB wrote:

Gee thanks!!! so I am the black plague of the rock and roll world. Just because I mention I might fly in for sonisphere it cancels doesn't mean im a curse!!!
Like I cause Stephen pearcy to need surgery!!!!

if this show cancels then we know for sure I am a curse!!!

Yes don't forget the tickets..I wont forget to buy mine..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:16 am

They should end each show like this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 am

YES THEY SHOULD!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:27 am

RFFB wrote:

I know you were joking....
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/jaz-coleman-missing-after-cult-slur/

Quote :
Killing Joke say they’re concerned for the welfare of frontman Jaz Coleman, who’s gone missing after slating the Cult online.

KJ, the Cult and the Mission were due to tour the UK together in September. But earlier this month a Facebook post, believed to be by Coleman, stated his band wouldn’t take part.

The announcement, since deleted, said: “It gives me great pleasure to announce the cancellation of the upcoming gigs with The Cult and The Mission. Frankly, playing at a gig with The Cult never appealed to me in the first place.

“Gatherers would only get to listen to a one hour set. Then there would be a problem with the dressing room and witnessing The Cult charge the fans $200 per head for a meet and greet.

“Lastly, all their songs suck! They clearly have no integrity (they refer to their hometown as LA).”

Now Killing Joke members Geordie Walker, Martin ‘Youth’ Glover and Paul Ferguson report they haven’t heard from Coleman since that announcement.

The band say: “A statement was posted on Facebook, reputedly by our singer, maligning both The Cult and The Mission and pulling us out of the shows.

“He is now AWOL and has not contacted any of his band mates.

“We are deeply embarrassed by this and offer our sincere apologies to all involved.

“We are all concerned about our missing singer’s welfare.”

They say all four members agreed to the tour, and still hope to hour the agreements made, but add: “If this proves not possible, Killing Joke will make alternative arrangements to compensate for the trouble caused.

“Meanwhile we are doing everything we can to make this tour happen and locate our missing singer.

“Apologies for messing you guys around – you know that’s never our intention, and we appreciate the support you have all shown us over the years.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:30 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

I know you were joking....
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/jaz-coleman-missing-after-cult-slur/

Quote :
Killing Joke say they’re concerned for the welfare of frontman Jaz Coleman, who’s gone missing after slating the Cult online.

KJ, the Cult and the Mission were due to tour the UK together in September. But earlier this month a Facebook post, believed to be by Coleman, stated his band wouldn’t take part.

The announcement, since deleted, said: “It gives me great pleasure to announce the cancellation of the upcoming gigs with The Cult and The Mission. Frankly, playing at a gig with The Cult never appealed to me in the first place.

“Gatherers would only get to listen to a one hour set. Then there would be a problem with the dressing room and witnessing The Cult charge the fans $200 per head for a meet and greet.

“Lastly, all their songs suck! They clearly have no integrity (they refer to their hometown as LA).”

Now Killing Joke members Geordie Walker, Martin ‘Youth’ Glover and Paul Ferguson report they haven’t heard from Coleman since that announcement.

The band say: “A statement was posted on Facebook, reputedly by our singer, maligning both The Cult and The Mission and pulling us out of the shows.

“He is now AWOL and has not contacted any of his band mates.

“We are deeply embarrassed by this and offer our sincere apologies to all involved.

“We are all concerned about our missing singer’s welfare.”

They say all four members agreed to the tour, and still hope to hour the agreements made, but add: “If this proves not possible, Killing Joke will make alternative arrangements to compensate for the trouble caused.

“Meanwhile we are doing everything we can to make this tour happen and locate our missing singer.

“Apologies for messing you guys around – you know that’s never our intention, and we appreciate the support you have all shown us over the years.”
lol! lol! lol! lol!
It is true!

All Chrissy has to do is express some sort of interest in attending a gig over here and something goes wrong or it gets cancelled! RATT, Sonisphere and now this!!

Chrissy is the devil woman!!!!... Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'   

Back to top Go down

KISS / Motley tour...pfft...THIS IS 'THE TOUR!'
Page 1 of 1