Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:09 am

Got my copy today... Wink
Played it 4 times already!!!
Here's what I think...

Modern Day Deliah – nice opening riff…awful chorus…over all…ok

Russian Roulette – nothing special…typical Gene song …mid paced verse which speeds up. I like it tho!

Never Enough – avg stadium song…sounds like early Poison to me…pass.
Yes I Know – standard Gene fodder …heard it 100 times before and better…yawn…pass again…

Stand…another avg stadium rocker…again heard it 100 times before and done better
Don’t like the GGRNRTY feel middle section…Pledge Alliegence is a much better example of a stadium rocker than this and not a patch on Shout It Out Loud.

Hot n Cold…utter rubbish. Won’t be played again.

All The Glory - the 1st track to really get me goin! Proper up-tempo rocker and Eric’s vocals really give it an edge. Great chorus and a proper rock song. Fist in the air jump around like loon. They could start the show with this…easily!!!! Would make a nice change to.

Danger Us – Now we’re talking!!!! Great riff and a tougher sound than the others up to now. This IS how a stadium rocker should sound…got me heed noddin and me foot tapping!!!!! At last!!!!!!

I’m An Animal – KISS does Sabbath? Weird!!!!! Much darker song than anything else on the here. Undecided right now on this one. Certainly don’t dislike it, but it seems a little out of place. Nice and heavy tho. More in keeping with Carnival of Souls…kinda grungy.

When Lightning Strikes – OH YEAH!!!!!!! This is gonna be f*ckin awesome live!!!!!!!!
Nice one!!!!!

Say Yeah – Typical 80’s sounding song…but much much better than anything from back then! This is just 100% class…again gonna be just awesome live… I can hear me shouting out ‘Say Yeah’ as I listen to it now!!!!

First 7 songs (edit! other than Russian Roulette) do nothing for me the next 5 are more like I wanted from the Hottest band In The World.

But I don’t see why TT is still soloing like Ace on the majority of the songs…and as for those people saying it sounds like RARO…remove the cotton wool from your ears! It’s nothing like it! RARO is much more raw and simplistic than this.

Best album in 30 years did they say? Hmm…no, not a chance. Give me Dynasty, Creatures, LIU & Revenge over this any day of the week, at the very least.ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

If the whole album had been like the last 5 songs it would without doubt be an all time classic...as it is...it's an average album with some brill songs.

Last edited by RFFB on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:33 am

RFFB wrote:
Got my copy today... Wink
Played it 4 times already!!!
Here's what I think...

Modern Day Deliah – nice opening riff…awful chorus…over all…ok

Russian Roulette – nothing special…typical Gene song …mid paced verse which speeds up. I like it tho!

Never Enough – avg stadium song…sounds like early Poison to me…pass.
Yes I Know – standard Gene fodder …heard it 100 times before and better…yawn…pass again…

Stand…another avg stadium rocker…again heard it 100 times before and done better
Don’t like the GGRNRTY feel middle section…Pledge Alliegence is a much better example of a stadium rocker than this and not a patch on Shout It Out Loud.

Hot n Cold…utter rubbish. Won’t be played again.

All The Glory - the 1st track to really get me goin! Proper up-tempo rocker and Eric’s vocals really give it an edge. Great chorus and a proper rock song. Fist in the air jump around like loon. They could start the show with this…easily!!!! Would make a nice change to.

Danger Us – Now we’re talking!!!! Great riff and a tougher sound than the others up to now. This IS how a stadium rocker should sound…got me heed noddin and me foot tapping!!!!! At last!!!!!!

I’m An Animal – KISS does Sabbath? Weird!!!!! Much darker song than anything else on the here. Undecided right now on this one. Certainly don’t dislike it, but it seems a little out of place. Nice and heavy tho. More in keeping with Carnival of Souls…kinda grungy.

When Lightning Strikes – OH YEAH!!!!!!! This is gonna be f*ckin awesome live!!!!!!!!
Nice one!!!!!

Say Yeah – Typical 80’s sounding song…but much much better than anything from back then! This is just 100% class…again gonna be just awesome live… I can hear me shouting out ‘Say Yeah’ as I listen to it now!!!!

First 7 songs do nothing for me the next 5 are more like I wanted from the Hottest band In The World.

But I don’t see why TT is still soloing like Ace on the majority of the songs…and as for those people saying it sounds like RARO…remove the cotton wool from your ears! It’s nothing like it! RARO is much more raw and simplistic than this.

Best album in 30 years did they say? Hmm…no, not a chance. Give me Dynasty, Creatures, LIU & Revenge over this any day of the week, at the very least.ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

If the whole album had been like the last 5 songs it would without doubt be an all time classic...as it is...it's an average album with some brill songs.

I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks time... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:52 am

Pete wrote:

Didn't you hear it at Crewe?

If so, what was your initial reaction?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Good review...thanks can't wait to hear all of it myself.... I just saw them on the local news...Pretty lame actually...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:21 am

Chrissy wrote:
I just saw them on the local news...Pretty lame actually...

bat bat na na na2 na na na2 idiot1 :you fool:
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:24 am

Roger H wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
I just saw them on the local news...Pretty lame actually...

bat bat na na na2 na na na2 idiot1 :you fool:

Hey don't kill the messenger they were lame...All they talked about was why Paul doesn't wax his chest and how many people they hire to dress them....They barely mentioned the album other than for Gene to constantly spit out out that L.A. tickets on Sept. 25...So yes it was lame!
Sleep
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:24 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Didn't you hear it at Crewe?

If so, what was your initial reaction?

From what I heard and can remember from the Crewe Play back I loved all of it... cheesin'

However this was in a large room that got busier (and therefore noisier) as the night and record progressed.

I refuse to download it (Not sure where to find it tbh) on principal so I'll have to wait until October 5th...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:37 am

I would just like to mention that after careful consideration and taking all things into account that 'Say Yeah' has become one of my fav KISS songs!!!

It's a f*ckin STONKER of a song!!!!!!
It's a 10 smilie song!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rock band :rockin out:
:giant gene:

If that gets played live I'm gonna pretend I'm 18 again and jump around like a freakin loon!!!!!!!!!!...
...then collapse and die happy!!!...

And that refrain? I can see the purple and blue vary lights twirling now, shrounded in fog and when it punches back in so much pyro everyone will shit themselves!!!!!!!

This is one of the things I really like about the album. There are songs people really like that others don't. If everyone was saying the same songs were crap, that would be worrying. As it is that isn't the case...I think this album may well appeal to quite afew people in different ways...here's hoping.

Cos I want MORE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:42 am

RFFB wrote:
I would just like to mention that after careful consideration and taking all things into account that 'Say Yeah' has become one of my fav KISS songs!!!

It's a 10 smilie song!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rock band :rockin out:
:giant gene:

If that gets played live I'm gonna pretend I'm 18 again and jump around like a freakin loon!!!!!!!!!!...
...then collapse and die happy!!!...

And that refrain? I can see the purple and blue vary lights twirling now, shrounded in fog and when it punches back in so much pyro everyone will shit themselves!!!!!!!

This is one of the things I really like about the album. There are songs people really like that others don't. If everyone was saying the same songs were crap, that would be worrying. As it is that isn't the case...I think this album may well appeal to quite afew people in different ways...here's hoping.

Cos I want MORE!!!!!

Woah!! De Ja Vu!!! I'm sure I've read this before...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 am

OK. Got it in the CD player right now....

Hmmm...The best Kiss record in 30 years? Possibly not 30 years but it's certainly as good as Revenge.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Pete wrote:

Hmmm...The best Kiss record in 30 years? Possibly not 30 years but it's certainly as good as Revenge.
Hmm...do I detect a bit of restraint?

So you must have played it a few times by now...so what do ya think? I've been pretty upfront about it and my opinion hasn't changed. It's an OK album with some killer tunes...overall tho, average or poor.

But it seems to be selling fairly well and while in HMV asking where the f*ck the ltd edition was (!) I asked how it was doing. Reply was pretty well with more interest than expected and they were selling out as it came in...that is the stores that had actually bothered to even stock it that is... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Thanks for the review mate, ive heard some samples from YouTube, & it sounds like classic Kiss, more investigation required scratch
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:52 pm

I know Adam thinks the chorus is :devil puker: ...but i fuggin love it!!!!!! :giant gene:

:rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out:
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:00 pm

Matty35 wrote:
I know Adam thinks the chorus is :devil puker: ...but i fuggin love it!!!!!! :giant gene:

:rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out: :rockin out:
Thing is I can't stop thinkin of Tom Jones when I hear the title!!!!!!!

My My Myyyyyy....Delilah!!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:03 pm

RFFB wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Thing is I can't stop thinkin of Tom Jones when I hear the title!!!!!!!

My My Myyyyyy....Delilah!!!!
lol!

F*ck Tom Jones!!! Twisted Evil - I love this track mate, must of played it 10 times now rock on
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:33 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Hmm...do I detect a bit of restraint?

So you must have played it a few times by now...so what do ya think? I've been pretty upfront about it and my opinion hasn't changed. It's an OK album with some killer tunes...overall tho, average or poor.

But it seems to be selling fairly well and while in HMV asking where the f*ck the ltd edition was (!) I asked how it was doing. Reply was pretty well with more interest than expected and they were selling out as it came in...that is the stores that had actually bothered to even stock it that is... Rolling Eyes

Yes. I was restrained there wasn't I!

Ok. I've listened to it loads now on and everywhich way I can. (iPod, Car Stereo, Home Stereo's and suuround sound system). It wasn't until I put it on the surround system that I truly fell in love with it!

First 3 tracks are ok, but after that it flippn' well rocks like a bat steward. Not too keen on I'm an Animal but apart from that I truly love it and have pissed Ruth of big style by blasting out last night whilst she was trying to watch telly!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:21 am

Oh and 'Say Yeah' is fucking brilliant. Brings a massive smile to my face all the time and had me dancing round the living room all day Monday... cheesin' bouncy boy1 :dance baby:
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:26 am

Excellent!!!!

It's not that I don't like the album I just think it's mainly average, music 'by numbers'. And as said in another place the lyrics are pretty lame even for KISS, especially Genes.

Still, we got a new album and for that at least... cheer

Lets hope we aren't in same place at the same time if they paly 'Say Yeah' live cos we'll have our own little mosh/dance pit!!!!!!! :rockin out:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:15 am

I know you're not keen but I happen to think Yes I Know is the perfect :gene: song...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 am

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got the ltd edition 10 mins ago!!!!

Now I just have the problem of not actually wanting to open it!!!!
lol!

KISS fans...sheez!... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:53 am

Listen carefully to Say Yeah. It hs the riff from 'Tonight You Belong To Me' buried deep down in it. Cool cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:05 am

I now have Sonic Boom and Anomaly ( at last !!) After a couple of sittings each I'm leaning towards SB as being my favourite. I need to have some more listens.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:26 am

RFFB wrote:

It's a 10 smilie song!

Hate to mention this, but....................." Say Yeah " is quite a rip off of (ironicly) a Springsteen song " Radio Nowhere " Is this their revenge for his " Outlaw Pete " ripping of I.W.M.F.L.Y !!?? Very Happy Very Happy scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:44 am

Roger H wrote:
RFFB wrote:

It's a 10 smilie song!

Hate to mention this, but....................." Say Yeah " is quite a rip off of (ironicly) a Springsteen song " Radio Nowhere " Is this their revenge for his " Outlaw Pete " ripping of I.W.M.F.L.Y !!?? Very Happy Very Happy scratch

Wouldn't know about Goose Stringbean, only like one song of his.

Anomaly goes up to 10, Sonic Boom goes to 11! cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOT SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1