Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May Empty
PostSubject: Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May   Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Sony Music will release the limited deluxe expanded edition of Judas Priest's classic 1980 album "British Steel" on May 11th.

"British Steel" was the sixth studio album by Judas Priest. Released on April 14th, 1980 and produced by Tom Allom, "British Steel" was recorded at Tittenhurst Park in England — a mansion owned at the time by former The Beatles member Ringo Starr, and previously owned by John Lennon and Yoko Ono.

"British Steel" has long been considered one of metals all-time classics. It was with this release that the band truly broke through to the masses, with a pair of tracks that have become fixtures on rock radio — the enduring anthems "Breaking The Law" and "Living After Midnight." But like all classic albums, all of the songs on "British Steel" are standouts.

In 2009 Judas Priest performed the "British Steel" album in its entirety for the first time ever as part of their 30th anniversary USA tour. A filmed recording of the show on the August 17th, 2009 at the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood, Florida will be included in both the limited-edition deluxe and deluxe releases. The show was captured in front of a vibrant American audience and in full 5.1 surround and stereo sound. Known for their high-energy and spectacular stage shows the band played the entire "British Steel" album in sequence as well as a number of other well-know tracks from their catalog.

The live concert was mixed in stereo and 5.1 by the original "British Steel" producer Tom Allom. In addition, the DVD will include the bonus content of "The Making Of British Steel," a 30-minute documentary featuring the 4 original band members. This new DVD brings the live Priest experience like no other live recording.

The deluxe expanded edition will come in two formats:

* Limited edition deluxe three-disc to include original album, live DVD and live CD

* Deluxe two-disc to include original album plus live DVD

Full track listings are as follows:

Disc 1 - Remastered Album

1. Rapid Fire
2. Metal Gods
3. Breaking The Law
4. Grinder
5. United
6. You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise
7. Living After Midnight
8. The Rage
9. Steeler

Bonus Tracks:

10. Red, White & Blue
11. Grinder (Live)

Disc 2 - DVD

1. Rapid Fire
2. Metal Gods
3. Breaking The Law
4. Grinder
5. United
7. Living After Midnight
8. The Rage
9. Steeler
10. The Ripper
11. Prophecy
12. Hell Patrol
13. Victim Of Changes
14. Freewheel Burning
15. Diamonds And Rust
16. You've Got Another Thing Coming

Disc 3 - Live Album

1. Rapid Fire
2. Metal Gods
3. Breaking The Law
4. Grinder
5. United
7. Living After Midnight
8. The Rage
9. Steeler
10. The Ripper
11. Hell Patrol
12. Victim Of Changes
13. Freewheel Burning
14. Diamonds And Rust
15. You've Got Another Thing Coming
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May   Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:54 am

Personally give me Sin After Sin or Stained Class over British Steel anyday...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May   Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:31 pm

KILLER!!! Great album! I believe this is the one that was recorded in Ringo Starr's vacation house in the Bahamas. The sound of the Metal Gods marching was recorded in the kitchen as Rob Halford shook the silverware trays! Those were the days when music was real!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jac80JB04NQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May   Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Version Of Judas Priest's "British Steel' Due In May
Page 1 of 1