Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety Empty
PostSubject: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:53 am

Rush— Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart — is without question one of the most inventive and compelling groups in rock history, equally famed for both its virtuoso musicianship and provocative songwriting.

Their "Time Machine Tour" will be an evening with Rush, where they will perform their classics, give a taste of the future — and for the first time ever — feature the "Moving Pictures" album live in its entirety.

The band is currently working on their 20th studio album with producer Nick Raskulinecz (co-producer from 2007's "Snakes & Arrows") and in addition to their classics plan to showcase a few new tunes live this summer.

"We were off for a year and a half, and now it's just pouring. Everything is totally crazy and there's not a minute left in the day. We've got these half-dozen songs, and we'll probably go in the studio and work on a couple of them and see how it goes, perhaps release something — and I say perhaps — and then we plan on being on the road," says guitarist Alex Lifeson.

This summer's Live Nation-promoted tour will visit approximately 40 cities throughout North America beginning June 29th in Albuquerque, NM and finishing October 2nd in West Palm Beach, FL with stops along the way in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Holmdel, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto, Washington, and more along the way (complete tour itinerary follows).

Rush has sold more than 40 million records worldwide and garnered untold legions of devoted and admiring fans. According to the RIAA, Rush's sales statistics place Rush third after The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band.

Released in 1981, "Moving Pictures" was their most successful album, certified four-times platinum and features some of Rush's most well known songs and perennial radio favorites "Tom Sawyer," "Limelight" and the Grammy-nominated instrumental "YYZ."

"Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage", a documentary created by filmmakers Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn (whose filmography also includes "Iron Maiden: Flight 666," "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" and "Global Metal") will premiere at New York's Tribeca Film Festival on April 24th, followed by the Canadian premiere at Toronto's Hot Docs festival on April 29th. The band was also recently showcased in the comedy "I Love You Man" where they play themselves in a concert scene featuring actors Paul Rudd and Jason Segal as ubra-fans, a performance which has exposed the band to a whole new generation.

Inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame this past March alongside Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen and Gordon Lightfoot, Rush has also been nominated for multiple Grammy Awards and won a number of Juno Awards. They were inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 1994 and bestowed the Order of Canada in 1997. Consistently celebrated and respected worldwide, Rush is the most successful Canadian rock band of all time and they remain one of the biggest grossing arena rock bands ever.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:02 am

Gonna see em Sept. 21st! cheer
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Interesting choice of album...and also a damn fine one at that.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:03 am

Funny that, as " Moving Pictures " was the album that turned me away from RUSH. That's life. scratch
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 5:08 am

Roger H wrote:
Funny that, as " Moving Pictures " was the album that turned me away from RUSH. That's life. scratch
Permanent Waves was the one that I started to lose interest...and in truth it took me awhile to really like Moving Pictures but I love it now!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 10:10 am

I got turned on to RUSH in 1978 when one of my friends brought the album "All the worlds a stage" to school and I heard Neil Pearts solo on the song "Working Man" and I've been hooked on em ever since, but that's the drummer in me I s'pose. drummer cheesin'
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:13 am

I was lucky enough to see the first RUSH UK tour back in 1977 at the Newcastle City Hall. One of my top shows too. It is one of only a handful of shows where the band came back on for a genuine encore...not planned or anything.

They'd done the set, done the encores and the crowd just did not go. The house lights came on and a few seconds later RUSH came back on stage!!!! They were blown away by the reaction from the crowd. Geddy thanked us all, told us they haven't got any other songs planned but if we want we one more they can try something...crowd erupted and Geddy introduced a not often played song and 'Best I Can' got an airing!!!

It was one of those truely magical moments. It was on this tour that they gave Xanadu it's first live preview, way before A Farewell To Kings was actually released, tho due to Geddy's sqeaky voice I thought he'd introduced it as 'Sanity!!!' Oh, the memories!!!!!

Saw them on the next 2 tours 78 - FTK's and 79 - Hemispheres and I didn't see them live again until a couple of years ago and was blown away again. Tho Alex L hasn't half changed! When he walked up on stage I thought it was a roadie!!!!! He aint slim anymore those long blond locks are long gone! Hang on...that could be me!!!!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:35 am

I saw them at Hammersmith on that tour, the one and only time I've seen them.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:12 am

I saw them in the early 90's at the L.A. Forum and it was unfortunetly he most boring show I had ever seen. They are good don't get me wrong but when an entire arena sits throughan entire show...it was bad......
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:06 am

Chrissy wrote:
I saw them in the early 90's at the L.A. Forum and it was unfortunetly he most boring show I had ever seen. They are good don't get me wrong but when an entire arena sits throughan entire show...it was bad......
Well, lets be honest...they aren't really a full on rock out and get down and party band. Most of their fans ain't kids either

While I don't like sitting down at gigs the last show I saw a few years the audience did sit down, tho tbh standing for a 3hr show could get a bit tiresome!, but it really didn't distract from the enjoyment of the show...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety   Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rush Release "Time Machine" Tour Dates, Will Play "Moving Pictures" In Its Entirety
Page 1 of 1