Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Slash Thinks That Megadeth's New Album "Endgame" Is "Killer"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Slash Thinks That Megadeth's New Album "Endgame" Is "Killer"   Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Former Guns N' Roses and current Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash has posted a short message on Twitter regarding the new Megadeth album, "Endgame," stating simply that it "sounds killer!"

Megadeth's frontman Dave Mustaine was clearly flattered by Slash's remarks, writing in an online post, "Slash and I have been friends for a really long time. I have played in concert with his band, and jammed with him in a cover band once. We used to hang and party, true, but I dug Slash the most for his amazing talent on guitar. I am honored he said that he likes it."

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, "Endgame" is on track to sell between 40,000 and 45,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

Megadeth's previous album, "United Abominations," initially sold around 54,000 copies to land a the No. 8 position on The Billboard 200 chart. This was more than the 46,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, "The System Has Failed" (which debuted at No. 18 on The Billboard 200 chart), and was a bit less than the 61,000 opening number of 2001's "The World Needs A Hero" (No. 16).

"Endgame" was recorded at Megadeth's brand new, self-built studio in San Marcos, California — Vic's Garage — which was named after the legendary and iconic Vic Rattlehead character. The CD was produced by Dave Mustaine and Andy Sneap (Exodus, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Machine Head).

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Slash Thinks That Megadeth's New Album "Endgame" Is "Killer"   Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:33 am

Nice to hear Dave getting some credit and praise. He deserves it. Im surprised Endgame has done better than United Abominations though. When I heard UA, it blew me away, Endgame... didn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matty35
Admin

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Slash Thinks That Megadeth's New Album "Endgame" Is "Killer"   Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Skezza wrote:
Nice to hear Dave getting some credit and praise. He deserves it. Im surprised Endgame has done better than United Abominations though. When I heard UA, it blew me away, Endgame... didn't.

Yep, in a nutshell matey Wink

PostSubject: Re: Slash Thinks That Megadeth's New Album "Endgame" Is "Killer"   

Back to top Go down

Slash Thinks That Megadeth's New Album "Endgame" Is "Killer"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1