Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

Go down 
+6
exact33
Frethead
Matty35
RFFB
Chrissy
laxcdn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 am

THE SORCERER'S APPRENTICE-----------------A Nicolas Cage movie, what was I thinking !!!! Mad 2/10

THE LAST AIRBENDER------------------Once we'd gotten over the hilarity of everyone being called a Bender, it wasn't a bad movie. Certainly the best M Night Shylamalan has made in a while. But that's not saying much !! 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:08 am

Roger The Shrubber wrote:
THE SORCERER'S APPRENTICE-----------------A Nicolas Cage movie, what was I thinking !!!! Mad 2/10

THE LAST AIRBENDER------------------Once we'd gotten over the hilarity of everyone being called a Bender, it wasn't a bad movie. Certainly the best M Night Shylamalan has made in a while. But that's not saying much !! 7/10 .

Hang on...Sorcerers Apprentice 2/10? Last Airbender 7/10.. Other way round I think!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:01 am

That's life !! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 am

Upstairs DVD player - Family Season 9 & It's a Trap!

Downstairs DVD player - Supernatural Season 5
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:42 am

Family Guy: It's a Trap! ------- 6/10.

Funny but the joke is wearing thin (as acknowldeged by the writers).
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 am

UNDER HILL 60----------------------True story of Australian civilian miners called up in the first World War to dig mine shafts under German trenches to place explosives under command centres. Quite a gripping tale. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 am

Whooo Hooo, the postie's been. Play.com have got a sale on and Kick Ass, Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes ( running time 361 mins) and an old T.V Series called Frankie's House(200 mins) have just dropped through our letter box. Got some serious DVD watching to do !! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:01 am

WFMLTH wrote:
Whooo Hooo, the postie's been. Play.com have got a sale on and Kick Ass, Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes ( running time 361 mins) and an old T.V Series called Frankie's House(200 mins) have just dropped through our letter box. Got some serious DVD watching to do !! Very Happy Very Happy

Never saw Kick Ass. Did read the Graphic novel though. Thought it was very good and want to read the sequel
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:08 am

WFMLTH wrote:
KICK ASS-----------------------I didn't go to see this at the movies as I thought it was a kids film. I couldn't have been more wrong !!!! Absolutely brilliant !!! Funny, action packed, a horrible villan, good heroes, good story, lots of gore and the biggest surprise Nicholas Cage was quite good Shocked , in short I loved it !!! Going to watch it again later. Very Happy 9/10

Seen it before on rental, but as it was cheap I thought I might like to own it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:44 am

THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE----------------Again, like the first, this is a good movie if you haven't read the books. But if you have it's quite annoying as there is so much missing from the story. At least it's getting a brilliant trilogy of novels into the public conscience and maybe encourage some to pick up the books. 7/10
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:52 am

Watched Robert Downey Jr in SHERLOCK HOLMES again, really like this movie can't believe it's a Guy Ritchie film !! Looking forward to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:57 am

Roger. H wrote:
Watched Robert Downey Jr in SHERLOCK HOLMES again, really like this movie can't believe it's a Guy Ritchie film !! Looking forward to the next one.

Ruth likes this film too (but for COMPLETELY different reasons than you do).
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:59 am

She likes the historic settings rather than the action sequences ?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:03 am

Roger. H wrote:
She likes the historic settings rather than the action sequences ?
Well she likes something slightly older than her...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:12 am

NIGHTMARES AND DREAMSCAPES----------Quite a good series of adaptations of Stephen King short stories. Watched discs 1 & 2, 3 is on the agenda for today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:02 am

Watched a Redbox disc last night, and I cannot think of anything good to say about it, after the opening reel.

BURIED

Buried has this super cool seventies style title/ opening credits portion with animated lines being drawn ( mostly down into, through, and around inside box shapes), which transitions into a very dramatic . . .

(Blackscreen)

From there, the movie consists of a guy in a wooden box, presumed to be buried in the Iraqi desert. Eventually, in the "coffin," he discovers that his wallet has been emptied, a FULL Zippo lighter, two smack lights, a bottle of alcohol, a pocketknife, a cell phone, a snake, and a ransom note written in a foreign language. The storyline goes that he's an American truck driver working for a U.S. ( re) building contractor who's been caught in an ambush presumedly staged by angry Iraqi citizens and their children ( who'd assumedly been killed?), and while the viewer is led to presume the convoy personnel he was travelling with was killed in gunfire, he has been incarcerated underground.

Have I divulged too much informationabout this fine ribbon of film history?! O, yeah. The trucker dies. In the box. At the end. Underground. Filled with sand that would not have poured into the box if F-16s hadn't bombed the immediate area, presumedly.

(Blackscreen)

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 am

Dag Nabbit Fret, I was looking forward to that too !!! Laughing Laughing

INCEPTION----------------I'm afraid it's one one those films that make you go " WTF was that all about !!??". Have to watch it again to try and fathom it out.....................Nah, don't think I'll bother.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:08 am

BLADE RUNNER----------------------------After reading the book I thought I might revisit the movie. Very atmospheric and has stood the test of time. Could you still do it knowing that she's an android ???
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:21 am

Roger. H wrote:
BLADE RUNNER----------------------------After reading the book I thought I might revisit the movie. Very atmospheric and has stood the test of time. Could you still do it knowing that she's an android ???

By 'do it' you mean copulate? Yeah why not. She looks more lively than some actually people...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:23 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

By 'do it' you mean copulate? Yeah why not. She looks more lively than some actually people...

You pervy weirdo !!!!!!...........................................................................................................................Yeah, me too. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:27 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

You pervy weirdo !!!!!!...........................................................................................................................Yeah, me too. Laughing Laughing

Oh yeah... http://www.coolwatersprods.com/images/sean%20sit%20with%20open%20legs.jpg
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:31 am

Don't show that to Nick Smith, he'll cast doubts on the validity of the signature !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:32 am

Roger. H wrote:
Don't show that to Nick Smith, he'll cast doubts on the validity of the signature !! Very Happy

Who cares about the bloody signature!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:34 am

HE WOULD !!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:00 am

ALIEN V PREDATOR : REQUIEM------------------------I wish it wasn't so dark all the time so we could actually see what's going on !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 26 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
Page 26 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next