Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen Any Good Movies?

Go down 
+12
Roger. H
Skezza
Rev
Frethead
FakeBlue
Marty
danigirl
kokeakola
'Scope
Mary1234
chuck1223
Matty35
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:36 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:
You're forgetting where I live !! Our local doubles up as a theatre/restaurant/art centre and anything else they can fit in !! If we want a multiplex we have to go into Weymouth or Exeter.

Oh yeah! You live near the sea! I forgot! Shocked Wink

Oh ? had I mentioned that ??

Not recently...no... Wink

Good, I'd hate to be repetitive !! Laughing Laughing
You can say that again... Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:41 am

lol! lol! OH NO YOU DON'T !!! Mind you a good way to get the post count up and hit those rankings...................oh we don't have any !! MATTY !!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:42 am

Roger H wrote:
lol! lol! OH NO YOU DON'T !!! Mind you a good way to get the post count up and hit those rankings...................oh we don't have any !! MATTY !!!! Very Happy

You can say that ag.... Sleep

We do have rankings! Pete and Not Pete!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:46 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

HOORAY !!! I'm NOT PETE !!!!............................................Eh, that doesn't sound very nice !!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:47 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

HOORAY !!! I'm NOT PETE !!!!............................................Eh, that doesn't sound very nice !!! lol!

That's ok. I am PETE! That sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:40 am

Not seen it yet, but I am seeing Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince on Saturday night...

Hopefully that'll be good...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:59 am

Saw Harry Potter on Saturday night...I kinda liked it (though I have some issues with it)...

I was surprised how many people had dressed up though...

I mean what type of people dress us as their heroes when going to see a film or gig... Rolling Eyes Wink lol!

Last edited by Pete on Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Pete wrote:
Saw Harry Potter on Saturday night...I liked it.

I mean what type of people dress us as their heroes when going to see a film or gig... Rolling Eyes Wink lol!

Oh Dear !!! I saw the Half Blood Prince tonight, it's another film that we are going to disagree on Pete. I'm afraid I thought it was Pants !! How I stayed awake I don't know, easily the worst of the series and probably the worst movie I've seen in a long time. Which is a shame because as you know I'm a fan of the franchise. Maybe it's a " grower " and I have to see it a couple of times but I'll have to wait for the DVD as I ain't going to see it at the pictures again !! No No
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:32 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Saw Harry Potter on Saturday night...(though I have some issues with it)...

Oh Dear !!! I saw the Half Blood Prince tonight, it's another film that we are going to disagree on Pete. I'm afraid I thought it was Pants !! How I stayed awake I don't know, easily the worst of the series and probably the worst movie I've seen in a long time. Which is a shame because as you know I'm a fan of the franchise. Maybe it's a " grower " and I have to see it a couple of times but I'll have to wait for the DVD as I ain't going to see it at the pictures again !! No No

Actually I will agree with you!!! Shocked Compared to the book it's a bit shite.

As a film I thought it was ok but very slow going, too much emphasis on the love angle (which often felt forced and false) and not enough on the impending return of Lord Voldemort, his history,why he does the things he does and why Snape was the HBP, the reveal at the end was throw-away and makes no sense to anyone who hasn't read the book(s).

I urge you to read the books. They are MUCH better. There was so much important stuff cut from this film, replaced by scenes that are non-sensical to anyone who has read the books..(The Burrow attack? WTF!!??!!?)

If you read the books you won't have to wait 2 more years (and two films)to find out what Snape was up to and why, what happens to Harry, Hermione, Ron in the search for the Horcruxes and who (if anyone else) dies...

As an aside though could I just express my errrr...delight at how Emma Watson (Hermione) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny)have err...developed? Wink Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:08 am

I have read all the books and have enjoyed them. As I have the films (up 'til now) Of course film adaptations are never going to capture how you imagine it as you read the book, so I have always gone to the movies with an open mind. But this movie did nothing for me at all, 'tis a shame. It has the awkward feel of a" let's set it up for the next one", which of course it is. Think I will go back and read the book again to regain my enthusiasm again. study
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:27 pm

Roger H wrote:
I have read all the books and have enjoyed them. As I have the films (up 'til now) Of course film adaptations are never going to capture how you imagine it as you read the book, so I have always gone to the movies with an open mind. But this movie did nothing for me at all, 'tis a shame. It has the awkward feel of a" let's set it up for the next one", which of course it is. Think I will go back and read the book again to regain my enthusiasm again. study

Sorry Roger,

I didn't think you'd read the books.

OK, so you can see where the film works with the book and where it fails completely!

This film must have the most changes than previous adapations and I really don't understand why the Burrow was attacked? Surely this renders the wedding scene in DH to be useless?

Anyway. It was ok and I enjoyed it but it could've been so much more than it was..
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:35 pm

I have always preferred books to movies...I need to see the movie first if there is gonna be a chance ill like it otherwise when I read, the picture i get in my head is so much better than any film....They generally have done a good job with the hp books to movies..Sad to hear they keep going down hill.....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:50 am

Going to see Bruno tonight (Or possibly tomorrow night). If it's as funny as Borat.... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:52 am

Pete wrote:
Going to see Bruno tonight (Or possibly tomorrow night). If it's as funny as Borat.... lol! lol! lol!

Borat was funny !!???? scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:54 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Borat was funny !!???? scratch

I thought Borat was hilarious!!! Had a stitch after it from laughing so hard!

Guess this is another one we don't see eye to eye on then?

Also wouldn't mind seeing Ice Age 3.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:12 am

Pete wrote:

Not a fan of that type of comedy it makes me cringe !! for that reason I didn't like The Office either !!

ICE AGE !!!! NOW YOU'RE TALKING !!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:15 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Not a fan of that type of comedy it makes me cringe !! for that reason I didn't like The Office either !!

ICE AGE !!!! NOW YOU'RE TALKING !!! lol! lol! lol!

Fair enough. I don't like the office at all. Overrated garbage, though that may be because I can't stand Ricky gervais...

Ice Ages 1 & 2 are brill. I love stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:55 am

Well we didn't see Bruno as we weren't sure we'd make it in time as we had to eat before hand, so we saw 'The Proposal'.

Nothing spectular, saw the plot coming a mile off but it was a nice enough film. Few laughs here and there and nice enough story, made a great date movie.

Oh Sandra Bullock looked really good .... Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:18 am

Pete wrote:
Well we didn't see Bruno as we weren't sure we'd make it in time as we had to eat before hand, so we saw 'The Proposal'.

Nothing spectular, saw the plot coming a mile off but it was a nice enough film. Few laughs here and there and nice enough story, made a great date movie.

Not my cup'o'tea, as you probably have guessed. A sunday afternoon dvd with the Mrs. and a bottle of wine, maybe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:22 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Not my cup'o'tea, as you probably have guessed. A sunday afternoon dvd with the Mrs. and a bottle of wine, maybe. Very Happy

fair do's.

Twas better than HP & The HBP though... Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:35 am

I have not heard one good opinion of that from anyone I know who's seen it. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Roger H wrote:
I have not heard one good opinion of that from anyone I know who's seen it. Crying or Very sad

That's because as a Harry Potter film it sucks!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:40 am

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:45 am

Roger H wrote:
Looking forward to this !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2lZwOQdMI

Yeah!!! Me too!!! Wink Rolling Eyes Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:56 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Looking forward to this !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2lZwOQdMI

Yeah!!! Me too!!! Wink Rolling Eyes Very Happy lol!

scratch I didn't think you could watch Youtripe at work ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen Any Good Movies?
Page 4 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next