Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen Any Good Movies?

Go down 
+12
Roger. H
Skezza
Rev
Frethead
FakeBlue
Marty
danigirl
kokeakola
'Scope
Mary1234
chuck1223
Matty35
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 6:19 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
No. However I have just seen (Yesterday at 9AM) one of the greatest pieces of entertainment committed to celluloid. I am talk about The Dark Knight Rises of course...

I left the cinema totally speechless, lump in my throat and moist eyes...
I can't compare it to The Avengers as they are two totally different beasts, both excellent movies on there own.

Who ever takes over the mantle of Batman (directing/acting) has a massive job on their hands.

Is it perfect? No. It's slightly too long and I have one major gripe about it apart from that..wow!!!

Saying no more until I know everyone has seen it.
Would this gripe be the apparent difficulty in hearing anything Bane says? Read a review in a paper which said unless you have very good hearing, or the cinema has the best speakers available, 50% of what he says is inaudible?

Thought that very strange...

If not that...then don't say!! Cos this on the agenda for next weekend!!!

It's one gripe. I have another..
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Pete wrote:
It's one gripe. I have another..
Hmm...I'm curious now!

Would telling this gripe spoil the film in any way?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:39 am

Slightly put off by events. I shall leave it a week or so before I go to see this.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:44 am

Roger. H wrote:
Slightly put off by events. I shall leave it a week or so before I go to see this.

I think a lot of people sympathize with you. So sad that one of the safe places in the world has been wrecked by a psycho.
Hard not to put yourself in their position.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:36 am

Adam, my gripe is a massive spoiler. Wink

I totally understand why Roger (and others) would want to hold off seeing this for a while.

Despite the tragic events of last week that this film has been the target of by some psychotic nutter, it would be a great shame if people avoided seeing the film for a while because of the actions of his actions.

Go see & enjoy it & don't let the scum of society slow you down & dictate how you live your life, they're only winning if you do...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:01 am

Pete wrote:
Adam, my gripe is a massive spoiler. Wink

I totally understand why Roger (and others) would want to hold off seeing this for a while.

Despite the tragic events of last week that this film has been the target of by some psychotic nutter, it would be a great shame if people avoided seeing the film for a while because of the actions of his actions.

Go see & enjoy it & don't let the scum of society slow you down & dictate how you live your life, they're only winning if you do...

Well said Pete...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:30 am

If it wasn't such a nice day I'd go and see Spidey. Looks like I might be waiting for the DVD to come out.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Batman:Dark Knight Rises

Loved it! Only gripe (and was this what Pete meant?) was there actually isn't anywhere near enough of Batman in the film!!! Still, good story and this is pretty much the only role I can bear C Bale in. Bane was cool. Proper baddie and well mean!!

Ann Hathaway tho... :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: Did she play that character great! She kicked some ass!!! And showed off a mighty fine one in that catsuit also!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:59 am

RFFB wrote:
Batman:Dark Knight Rises

Loved it! Only gripe (and was this what Pete meant?) was there actually isn't anywhere near enough of Batman in the film!!! Still, good story and this is pretty much the only role I can bear C Bale in. Bane was cool. Proper baddie and well mean!!

Ann Hathaway tho... :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: :Marys Drool: Did she play that character great! She kicked some ass!!! And showed off a mighty fine one in that catsuit also!!!

Hmmm...still not my gripe! Once Roger has seen it we can discuss it. Glad you enjoyed it and yes...Ms Hathaway... thums up :Marys Drool: :drooling:
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:40 am

Told Stevie I was going to see TDKR today and got told off !! Sad She wants to see it too, so we're going this weekend.
Think I'll watch the previous two and set things up for the last one.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:23 am

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES----------------Hmmmmm, where to start ? O.k I'll cut to the chase. My initial feelings at the end credits was disappointment. Can't fault Mr Nolans direction or vision of The Bat. Liked the pure depiction of Catwoman as just an athletic jewel thief. Still like Mr. Bale as the man himself. For me Bane has always been one of the weakest villans and feared the worst when it was announced it was he who was the main protagonist (my fears were realised). Liked the back story and (eventual/future?) introduction of Robin. Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman and Michael Caine all put in workman like performances. But, for me, this suffered from the ghost of Heath Ledger. I watched TDK a few days ago to set me up for TDKR, maybe I shouldn't have, and watched Ledger's performance closely. It is truely magnificent. There's nowhere near anything like that in TDKR. But looking at the trilogy as a whole it is a wonderful visioning of The Batman Legend and I will always go back to watch them all. But for me, TDKR is not the best of the three.

So what was your gripe Pete ? There was nothing that surprised me, even the "cliffhanger "ending.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Roger. H wrote:
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES----------------Hmmmmm, where to start ? O.k I'll cut to the chase. My initial feelings at the end credits was disappointment. Can't fault Mr Nolans direction or vision of The Bat. Liked the pure depiction of Catwoman as just an athletic jewel thief. Still like Mr. Bale as the man himself. For me Bane has always been one of the weakest villans and feared the worst when it was announced it was he who was the main protagonist (my fears were realised). Liked the back story and (eventual/future?) introduction of Robin. Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman and Michael Caine all put in workman like performances. But, for me, this suffered from the ghost of Heath Ledger. I watched TDK a few days ago to set me up for TDKR, maybe I shouldn't have, and watched Ledger's performance closely. It is truely magnificent. There's nowhere near anything like that in TDKR. But looking at the trilogy as a whole it is a wonderful visioning of The Batman Legend and I will always go back to watch them all. But for me, TDKR is not the best of the three.

So what was your gripe Pete ? There was nothing that surprised me, even the "cliffhanger "ending.

Just the name 'Robin'. Not needed at all. Apart from that I love this film. The reintroduction of Bats was fantastic. Agreed it's not as good as TDK and lacks a villain as charismatic as The Joker but at least Bane wasn'r Poison Fricking Ivy's dumb body guard!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Just the name 'Robin'. Not needed at all. Apart from that I love this film. The reintroduction of Bats was fantastic. Agreed it's not as good as TDK and lacks a villain as charismatic as The Joker but at least Bane wasn'r Poison Fricking Ivy's dumb body guard!!!

Didn't Robin become Nightwing at some point ?? Maybe they could've gone with that.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:33 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Didn't Robin become Nightwing at some point ?? Maybe they could've gone with that.

Agreed.

Dick Grayson does indeed become Nightwing.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:06 am

The Robin thing was cheesy.

I really thought Bain was a great villian. I was very diasappointed in the character development for him and it just made it difficult to understand him. There should have been a lot more time spent on him and the mask he wore.

All in all I thought it was good. The beginning after the initial action bored the hell out of me and I was glad it gained momentum into the end.

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:20 am

Chrissy wrote:
The Robin thing was cheesy.
Agreed. if they'd said his name was Richard/Dick that would've been better as Robin wasn't his real name, like Batman wasn't Bruces real name.

Chrissy wrote:
I really thought Bain was a great villian. I was very diasappointed in the character development for him and it just made it difficult to understand him. There should have been a lot more time spent on him and the mask he wore.
How much more did you want on him? His back story was pretty much covered in what I assume your refer to below as the bit that 'Bored the hell out of you' and it was explained toward the end why he wore the mask...(for those not familiar with his comic book origins)...

Chrissy wrote:
All in all I thought it was good. The beginning after the initial action bored the hell out of me and I was glad it gained momentum into the end.

Which bit? I didn't think it dragged at all.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:29 am

Yes they did cover the whys but I thought they just barely touched it. Example..towards the end they did show him in the pit covered with a blood stained clothes but they didnt say what or showed what had been done to him and they didnt explain what the mask really did. Yes i did hear the one line of it makes the pain bearable but that was it. Why did the prisoners attack him? Now keeping in mind I dont know alot about the League of shadows things if that is what it was called. But how did he get involved in that and how did he get out of the pit and why? The womans father got him out as a thank you geture?

See I am not a comic book reader nor do i follow movies so deeply like true fans who know back stories and can get details form little words placed here and there. I'm just a typical movie goer...So I need more!!!!!

Always love a film where you feel like applauding in the end. That is something I've noticed is missing in the U.K. that we have in the states. my frined went and saw DK and it eneded witht he entire theatre in applause..
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:35 am

Chrissy wrote:
Yes they did cover the whys but I thought they just barely touched it. Example..towards the end they did show him in the pit covered with a blood stained clothes but they didnt say what or showed what had been done to him and they didnt explain what the mask really did.
I think you were meant to use your own imagination there...

Chrissy wrote:
Yes i did hear the one line of it makes the pain bearable but that was it. Why did the prisoners attack him? Now keeping in mind I dont know alot about the League of shadows things if that is what it was called. But how did he get involved in that and how did he get out of the pit and why? The womans father got him out as a thank you geture?
They attacked him as helped Talia escape from the pit. Ra's Al Ghul rescued Bane from the pit in recognition of what he did for Talia & that's ghow he got involved with the Leage of Shadows but his methods were too extreme so he was cast out.

Chrissy wrote:
See I am not a comic book reader nor do i follow movies so deeply like true fans who know back stories and can get details form little words placed here and there. I'm just a typical movie goer...So I need more!!!!!
fair enough. Ruth & Helen (my sis in law) followed it easy enough and they don't read the comics.

Chrissy wrote:
Always love a film where you feel like applauding in the end. That is something I've noticed is missing in the U.K. that we have in the states. my frined went and saw DK and it eneded witht he entire theatre in applause..
That;s cos we're all reserved & stuff. Stiff Upper Lip dontcha know!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:22 am

very good points. I have a great imagination but this not in action films. I see what you mean though. They gave us just enough to fill in the story and we were to take it from there. I would have liked more..

Plus i was tired, jet lagged, in grief and was just out enjoying a good film with my honey. Brain was not on even the 1% i run on..My capasity went as far as yeah Adam is next to me and woo hoo popcorn!!

Oh the most important part. one of my wierd Americanisms is to not like things the way they are given to me. Hence i love sweet popcorn and salty but cant have a ton of sweet. But did you know that if you mix them together it is so good!!! really play ff each other well. We it mortified Adam but I asked the popcorn guy to give me !/2 of each which he did not problem . Well during the movie i was also eating malteasers which is like heroine and gave some to Adam which he put in the popcorn.

So go 1/2 and 1/2 on the popcorn and add malteasers!!! wow!! you gotta try it!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:25 am

Chrissy wrote:
very good points. I have a great imagination but this not in action films. I see what you mean though. They gave us just enough to fill in the story and we were to take it from there. I would have liked more..

Plus i was tired, jet lagged, in grief and was just out enjoying a good film with my honey. Brain was not on even the 1% i run on..My capasity went as far as yeah Adam is next to me and woo hoo popcorn!!

Oh the most important part. one of my wierd Americanisms is to not like things the way they are given to me. Hence i love sweet popcorn and salty but cant have a ton of sweet. But did you know that if you mix them together it is so good!!! really play ff each other well. We it mortified Adam but I asked the popcorn guy to give me !/2 of each which he did not problem . Well during the movie i was also eating malteasers which is like heroine and gave some to Adam which he put in the popcorn.

So go 1/2 and 1/2 on the popcorn and add malteasers!!! wow!! you gotta try it!

All very understandable! Get it on DVD (or go see it in LA. You may enjoy it more).
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Remember I have 2 boys. Once the dvd's are out im sure ill see it no less than 100 times
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:39 am

I wonder what cinematic delights will be on flight UA21? scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:44 am

Ted.

Fucking hilarious & featuring one of the best if not the best cameo appearances ever! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:34 am

Total Recall....Consider this a divorce! 4/10
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:49 am

Ted was one of the funniest films I have EVER seen. I had tears I was laughing so hard!!!

Glad you liked it too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen Any Good Movies?
Page 17 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next