Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A KISS question for our USA buddies...

Go down 
+3
Matty35
Pete
RFFB
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

A KISS question for our USA buddies... Empty
PostSubject: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:43 am

Oct 6th is almost here and the release of the 1st KISS output for 11 years is drawing near.

They have carefully tried to create a buzz about this release by only leaking bits and pieces out at a time...some song titles, then full song list, talk of a 70\'s sounding album and getting the designer for RARO to do the cover, really talking big about what they created (wouldn\'t expect them to anything tho would you?), eventually letting loose the title and album cover along with a snippet of one song...

Then there is strong rumour that the tour to support the album, promoted heavily by a \'fan-routed\' internet vote for the cities to play is is touted for early/mid Oct to!!!

So, the question is...

Is there a buzz over there about all this? The album release and the tour? How do you and anyone you know feel about the 1st KISS output in 11 years? Can you see it appealing to anyone but the hardcore fans? Do you know anyone who is intending to go see the tour or are you going to go? 6 weeks doesn\'t seem long to sell out an Arena tour especially in the current economic climate. And KISS tickets don\'t come cheap, apparently!!!

Basically, how much interest is there for this album and tour!!??

And yep, I know that\'s more than one question!!!! But I really want to get a feel for what is happening over there for what is still America\'s, and the worlds, greatest ever band!

C\'mon and let us Brits get a picture of what is going on over there!!!

I thank you!!!
Very Happy

Last edited by RFFB on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:00 am

RFFB wrote:
Oct 6th is almost here and the release of the 1st KISS output for 11 years is drawing near.

They have carefully tried to create a buzz about this release by only leaking bits and pieces out at a time...some song titles, then full song list, talk of a 70's sounding album and getting the designer for RARO to do the cover, really talking big about what they created (wouldn't expect them to anything tho would you?), eventually letting loose the title and album cover along with a snippet of one song...

Then there is strong rumour that the tour to support the album, promoted heavily by a 'fan-routed' internet vote for the cities to play is is touted for early/mid Oct to!!!

So, the question is...

Is there a buzz over there about all this? The album release and the tour? How do you and anyone you know feel about the 1st KISS output in 11 years? Can you see it appealing to anyone but the hardcore fans? Do you know anyone who is intending to go see the tour or are you going to go? 6 weeks doesn't seem long to sell out an Arena tour especially in the current economic climate. And KISS tickets don't come cheap, apparently!!!

And yep, I know that's more than one question!!!! But I really want to get a feel for what is happening over there for what is still America's, and the worlds, greatest ever band!

C'mon and let us Brits get a picture of what is going on over there!!!

I thank you!!!
Very Happy

AGREED 100%.

I haven't been this excited about a musical release in over a decade!!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:22 pm

I am looking forward to this but i have my reservations, can they still deliver the goods even though they have been out of the game for so long scratch

With all their millions & lord of the manor lifestyle's,... is the passion, hunger, originality, motivation still there?

I don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but i think i will only like 3 or 4 songs from the album. ( i hope im wrong!)
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:24 pm

Nice question.....I'll try to do it a little justice....Let me start by saying that yes I like KISS ;am I a fan well if its in comparrision to you boys then no way...I think i'm a typical american female...They have a lot of stuff I like...They are part of my history....I respect them how can you not....

Where I live is 10 min over from Hollywood. It is the entertainment capital of the world..I have spent my life and career sourounded by celebraties and rock stars...To me and most people I know its not a big deal..We don't get the over the top fan rush like it seems so many other places get...Are there fans of course...But its different...here..a lot more laid back....We no longer wait on Sunset at Tower Records for over a day and a night to get the latests abulms..and the bands we were waiting for are no longer there to sign them...I miss those times. That was the time I remember of KISS I wish that along with the new reported sound would come back...Rock n Roll was as it was supposed to be a family!!!and it was fun and for the fans not the dollars....

Ok the new album...I've heard I'm sure everything everyone has heard about whats its supposed to sound like and I've heard all the teaser tracks and leaks that I'm sure you all have heard...I've heard Modern Day Delilah enough that it sounds familar and not new anymore is that good..I think so...I hope they take this album back to the stuff I like about KISS.That familiarity I miss that...The last album well albums haven't had that..To me it was just something to put out and had no heart...IMO..This is supposed to be different I sure hope so...Another thought...I think the days of the big arena bands are over...For us its the nostalgia that brings us back..We were there we felt it smelt it and dealt it!!!Todays fans don't have that and never will they never lived it..I think once you do it becomes a part of who we are...Until you can say you stood in an arena with 10,000+ fans all singing along higher than a kite from just breathing the air around you then you haven't lived are you a fan...IMO not the same anyways......

Will the album do well I think so..These are smart men..business men...They know what the fans want the real fans and they are going to give it to them Is it going to control and change the market..Not for a second..Is there a buzzz ---none here...Of course we have our fans who i'm sure will be camping out and just reveling the new album but for most of us it'll be radio play mostly and an album you get because.....

We had a newspaper article this morning..a strange coincidence that talked about the album release and Walmart etc etc....But to be honest as far as L.A. goes Gene's show gets more attention then KISS.....He is a PR machine and his shows proves it....You want to impress me then tour...really tour.....like you used to..Make the tickets so everyone could afford them....and buy them not all this broker internet crap....Play in places that will be a good show not a good money maker...Play your heart out!!!!Give em their money's worth for this show and not just bank on your history and nostalgia..Thats I what I want... oh and get Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer out of Ace and Cat's makeup thats bullshit ....I hate that and for that alone I'm not a huge fan..I respect those guys and they deserve better than that...Don't try to replace something that you can't..Don't try....There is my bitch...sorry if it offends.....

Walmart...Scum of the retail kingdom..A place I refuse to go...Fitting that they are working with people who want to rule the financial world...Even more interesting that they would pair up....it'll work which is why they will do it. So you know this will be the first and only time I willl step foot into a Walmart is to get you guys these sets you want and when you want them Because as far as I'm concerned Walmart can KISS my azz.

So It seems I took a few questions and turned it into a story..Sorry..I hope it answered a little....Will I go...Propably not.. my arena days are past and I won't go alone., unless one of you boys are heading over here and want to pick me up then yes I'll go...The new album should be good..I love their lyrics always have and how can you go wrong with Never Enough's Love till i'm shaking...Yeah Baby thats KISS!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:24 am

Matty35 wrote:
I am looking forward to this but i have my reservations, can they still deliver the goods even though they have been out of the game for so long scratch

With all their millions & lord of the manor lifestyle's,... is the passion, hunger, originality, motivation still there?

I don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but i think i will only like 3 or 4 songs from the album. ( i hope im wrong!)

Eric and especially Tommy have given Gene & Paul a massive kick up the ass here..have no fears all of the above will be there.

Oh and Chrissy...wanna get married, you're my kinda girl (only you'll hav to accept Eric and Tommy in P & A makeup..it's the classic look and it ain't gonna change now)!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:16 am

Thanks for the offer Pete but someone else already asked ..........

and it'll never work....I just can't accept the makeup sorry.....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:20 am

Chrissy wrote:
Thanks for the offer Pete but someone else already asked ..........

I know. He's a very lucky fella...

Chrissy wrote:
and it'll never work....I just can't accept the makeup sorry.....
Aah well.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:56 am

Hmm...well the lack of a reponce to this question kinda answers it really...

Lets hope the album doesn't flop, cos I want more. A band should be a living thing...not it's own tribute act... Rolling Eyes

I'll be checking out Ticketbastard US to see how well the shows are selling...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:00 am

RFFB wrote:

Lets hope the album doesn't flop, cos I want more. A band should be a living thing...not it's own tribute act... Rolling Eyes

It's on Walmarts website now apparentlt, and MDD is getting a fair bit of airplay. I;m sure the tension is building up. I think the tour is selling quite well too.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

It's on Walmarts website now apparentlt, and MDD is getting a fair bit of airplay. I;m sure the tension is building up. I think the tour is selling quite well too.
One of my worries is that while the tour may sell well...will it transform into album sales? When I went back to the USA for The Farewell Tour I really got the impression that most of the people there weren't actually fans. It was more of an 'Oh KISS are in town, lets have a night out' type thing.

Saw 2 shows in Mansfield (Boston) and the night after The Cure played so went to that also. And the crowd for The Cure were 100 times better than KISS crowd. You could tell they were FANS, not just there, 'just because'.

The KISS crowds on the 3 Farewell shows I saw were simply shit. No other way to put it. Like watching a flat sea. Dull, dull, dull. Great shows tho!!!!!! I loved them!!!... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:13 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

One of my worries is that while the tour may sell well...will it transform into album sales? When I went back to the USA for The Farewell Tour I really got the impression that most of the people there weren't actually fans. It was more of an 'Oh KISS are in town, lets have a night out' type thing.

Saw 2 shows in Mansfield (Boston) and the night after The Cure played so went to that also. And the crowd for The Cure were 100 times better than KISS crowd. You could tell they were FANS, not just there, 'just because'.

The KISS crowds on the 3 Farewell shows I saw were simply shit. No other way to put it. Like watching a flat sea. Dull, dull, dull. Great shows tho!!!!!! I loved them!!!... Very Happy

I think the crowds will be up for it this time, judging by what's being said on KissFAQ. Plus it seems like half the UK's Kiss fans are going over!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:23 am

Pete wrote:

I think the crowds will be up for it this time, judging by what's being said on KissFAQ. Plus it seems like half the UK's Kiss fans are going over!!
Ha!!! Indeed it does!!

Those poor yankies aren't gonna know what hit them!!! UK KISS fans = maniacs!!!!

I was about the only person at the show in Portland who was jumpin around like a loon. And I'm bein deadly serious. Down the front 2-3 rows back and it was me goin nuts and 8,999 other people who were dead!!!!
lol!

or maybe they were all smokin ?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 am

both=====dead stoned.............
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 am

I'm sorry I didn't give my .02 cents.

I never experienced any KISS concerts, ever.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Marty wrote:

Oh My GOD !!!!! You Poor Thing !!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad :giant gene:
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:38 pm

Roger H wrote:
Marty wrote:

Oh My GOD !!!!! You Poor Thing !!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad :giant gene:

I guess I didn't know what I missing? I could kick myself in the A$$ when I think about giving the Kiss dolls away. I'll bet they would be worth something today. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Marty before the guys jump all over you...let me tell you what I have learned...You can't call them dolls they are action figures....Very manly action figures...Of course we both know they are dollies!!!!! I have never been to a KISS show either hopefully well both get the chance....
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Marty before the guys jump all over you...let me tell you what I have learned...You can't call them dolls they are action figures....Very manly action figures...Of course we both know they are dollies!!!!! I have never been to a KISS show either hopefully well both get the chance....

Chrissy thanks for looking out for me. Action figures..yes, very manly.

:giant gene: Look how fierce they are. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 am

Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Not only are they Action figures, but they are also fully articulated and poseable Action Figures!

Can't believe you've never seen Kiss live. Go see them! It's Ace (well actually it's Tommy but it still rocks)!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:02 am

Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Not only are they Action figures, but they are also fully articulated and poseable Action Figures!

Can't believe you've never seen Kiss live. Go see them! It's Ace (well actually it's Tommy but it still rocks)!!
Marty, this is kinda my point...

The fans they have now they will always have. Those who aren't that fussed still remain unfussed. I really do get the feeling that when folks go to a KISS show it's more like 'Hey, the circus is in town...let's have a night out' rather than 'HEY, KISS ARE IN TOWN...F*UK YEAH...LET'S ROCK!!!!!!!'

Still, while I am not that kean on the present 'fake KISS' line-up (nothing to do with the personel in the slightest, purely the 'let's pretend PC & AF are still in the band' attitude) ...you REALLY need to see KISS at least once!!!! Do it!! Get a ticket!!!

And Chrissy... :off yer trolley: silly

They are NOT dollies... taz devil EVER... :mad as hell: Read what Pete said THAT is what they are...ok? Are we straight on this now?

GOOD!!!!!... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Marty, this is kinda my point...

The fans they have now they will always have. Those who aren't that fussed still remain unfussed. I really do get the feeling that when folks go to a KISS show it's more like 'Hey, the circus is in town...let's have a night out' rather than 'HEY, KISS ARE IN TOWN...F*UK YEAH...LET'S ROCK!!!!!!!'

Still, while I am not that kean on the present 'fake KISS' line-up (nothing to do with the personel in the slightest, purely the 'let's pretend PC & AF are still in the band' attitude) ...you REALLY need to see KISS at least once!!!! Do it!! Get a ticket!!!

And Chrissy... :off yer trolley: silly

They are NOT dollies... taz devil EVER... :mad as hell: Read what Pete said THAT is what they are...ok? Are we straight on this now?

GOOD!!!!!... Rolling Eyes

Marty - Do it!

Chrissy - na na na
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:16 am

RFFB---You know!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:33 am

Chrissy wrote:
RFFB---You know!

Ask RFFB about the Kiss Potato Heads (Hello Roger!). See what he thinks about them!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:45 am

WE ARE AWESOME !!!!!!!! lol! lol! lol!

A KISS question for our USA buddies... 2-1
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:50 am

Roger H wrote:
WE ARE AWESOME !!!!!!!! lol! lol! lol!

A KISS question for our USA buddies... 2-1

You never let me down!

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A KISS question for our USA buddies...   A KISS question for our USA buddies... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A KISS question for our USA buddies...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next