Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace & Kiss

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would you like Ace back in Kiss?
Yes
Ace & Kiss I_vote_lcap60%Ace & Kiss I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
Ace & Kiss I_vote_lcap40%Ace & Kiss I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:43 am

Quick show of hands...

Just interested if you would want Ace back in Kiss in light of the speculation (pointless in my opinion) following the lunch between Gene & Ace.

For me I'm happy with things as they are...

Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:25 am

Arrrrrrgggggggghhhh!!!!

What a question!!!

If it was as a full time member and not for a one off thing then I'd have to say ....YES!!!... cheer

Ace was surprisingly important to the sound and feel of KISS and the songs and at the end of the day all TT is doing playing ACE's parts note for note...so why bother with an imitation if you can have the real thing?

Will it happen? NO!!!!

But it's nice to dream and in that dream Eric Carr would be strong n healthy and beating the shit outta those drums also.

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:33 am

RFFB wrote:
Arrrrrrgggggggghhhh!!!!

What a question!!!

If it was as a full time member and not for a one off thing then I'd have to say ....YES!!!... cheer

Ace was surprisingly important to the sound and feel of KISS and the songs and at the end of the day all TT is doing playing ACE's parts note for note...so why bother with an imitation if you can have the real thing?

Will it happen? NO!!!!

But it's nice to dream and in that dream Eric Carr would be strong n healthy and beating the shit outta those drums also.

Because the imitation is easy to get on with, reliable, hard working and sober (I know is clean these days)...

I'm happy with things as they are, just hope that Tommy is more himself on Monster & the following tour...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:52 am

Pete wrote:
Because the imitation is easy to get on with, reliable, hard working and sober (I know is clean these days)...

I'm happy with things as they are, just hope that Tommy is more himself on Monster & the following tour...
Or to put it another way is dull, boring, willing to be a puppet for fame and has no personality and has only 'made it' cos his own (failed) band was shite, dull, boring with no personality... or originality!!!... Wink

lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:54 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Or to put it another way is dull, boring, willing to be a puppet for fame and has no personality and has only 'made it' cos his own (failed) band was shite, dull, boring with no personality... or originality!!!... Wink

lol!

I guess you could say that too! lol!

Right let's take this poll 'elsewhere' and see what happens... Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

(I do quite like Black n Blue though!)
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:38 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

lol!

I guess you could say that too! lol!

Right let's take this poll 'elsewhere' and see what happens... Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

(I do quite like Black n Blue though!)
OH NO!!!!

WWIII will break out.

Truthfully, I know it'll never happen and I don't really care either. I'm lucky. I saw Ace in KISS 1st time round and then I saw something like 15 Reunion shows so it's really no big deal to me.

And while I know this old hat, it does bug me to see TT in the make-up and playin Ace's solos. All this crap about 'giving the fans what they want is shite. They didn't say that for VV or BK and guitarists like to put their own slant on songs.

I really hope they let TT rip loose on MONSTER and on the following tour, cos he's earned a bit of respect now.

And with that...I'm going home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:39 am

I said no!
Too much drama and I would rather it not turn into an even bigger soap opera then it already is.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:45 am

Chrissy wrote:
I said no!
Too much drama and I would rather it not turn into an even bigger soap opera then it already is.

Well who else voted 'yes' then?

scratch
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Chrissy wrote:
I said no!
TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!

Screw the drama...just give me the one and only Space Ace!

Here's one of my problems with KISS right now. They say TT is a great guy and muscian and all that. They say they are a stronger unit now than ever before. They present a united front. They give TT a song on Sonic Boom. Then they totally ignore the song live and make him sing 'Shock Me'.

Now when TT gets asked when are they gonna do his song (When Lightning Strikes) he is very diplomatic but you can tell he isn't happy but he isn't gonna rock the boat either cos he knows he is a hired hand and has been hired because he is a reliable team player. Sure he might have input into the songs but all members have done that. And when he says he plays the solos like Ace because he was brought up playin Ace solos and has a simliar style is just bullshit.

He just doesn't sound convincing, like he believes what he's sayin. You know he's been told what to say as all members have been since the original 4 were together.

Either really let TT be TT or just get Ace back!!!!!! Ace gives KISS it's RnR bite, it's edge...he was the Rock n Roller in the band.

And can I say again that I know it will never happen!!!!

But KISS doesn't need anything but it's name, Gene n Paul and anyone else could fill the other 2 places and they'd still be huge. They have truelly become Rock icons.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:15 am

Can I vote Yes and No ?? I think KISS should do the same thing that STYX do with Chuck Panozzo at their gigs. Have Tommy as the band member but have Ace come out for a couple of songs near the end of the show. Everybody's happy !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:35 am

Roger. H wrote:
Can I vote Yes and No ?? I think KISS should do the same thing that STYX do with Chuck Panozzo at their gigs. Have Tommy as the band member but have Ace come out for a couple of songs near the end of the show. Everybody's happy !! Very Happy
I like it!!!

Actually I would vote both yes and no, cos there are good arguements for each. I just believe KISS are better with Ace than TT tho...I look at TT and kinda go, 'yeah, you'll do' while with Ace I kinda go...

'YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...It's ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'... Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488

lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:07 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I like it!!!

Actually I would vote both yes and no, cos there are good arguements for each. I just believe KISS are better with Ace than TT tho...I look at TT and kinda go, 'yeah, you'll do' while with Ace I kinda go...

'YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...It's ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'... Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488 Ace & Kiss 740488

lol!

I like that!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 am

Roger. H wrote:

Actually, that's a really good idea!

As long as Peter Criss isn't wheeled out (literally) to do Beth...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:59 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Actually, that's a really good idea!

As long as Peter Criss isn't wheeled out (literally) to do Beth...

Hmm, there's always a danger of that.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:03 am

And can I just state here that I would also have VV or BK back also!

At least they brought something new to the band and had a style of their own.

And I'd love to have seen VV in the KISS make-up!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:43 am

RFFB wrote:

Can we go back in time & save Eric from his untimely demise & have the Fox on drums?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:51 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Can we go back in time & save Eric from his untimely demise & have the Fox on drums?
I already wished that a few posts back!!

"But it's nice to dream and in that dream Eric Carr would be strong n healthy and beating the shit outta those drums also."

And in an ideal world that would be my ultimate line-up.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:24 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

I already wished that a few posts back!!

"But it's nice to dream and in that dream Eric Carr would be strong n healthy and beating the shit outta those drums also."

Paul, Gene, Eric & Vinnie is your ideal line up?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:48 am

I don't think so...He loves Ace too much....

P.S. Pete everyone would love to see VV in makeup!!! It could only help!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:57 am

Chrissy wrote:
I don't think so...He loves Ace too much....

P.S. Pete everyone would love to see VV in makeup!!! It could only help!

That's what I figured...

I don't give a flying fig about VV. Never liked him, never well (tho funnily enough Lick it up is a cracking record).
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:53 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Poor syntax from me!!!

No, Ace/Eric Carr/Paul/Gene.

It's shame they never really recorded anything more than The Elder (Killers doesn't really count) cos they could have been storming...well I think so anyway.

If they'd got their differences sorted out anyway. Things were on the slide really and from the 1980 shows that is a cryin shame.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:07 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Poor syntax from me!!!

No, Ace/Eric Carr/Paul/Gene.

It's shame they never really recorded anything more than The Elder (Killers doesn't really count) cos they could have been storming...well I think so anyway.

If they'd got their differences sorted out anyway. Things were on the slide really and from the 1980 shows that is a cryin shame.

Aaah. I see! Yes, I would've liked to hear more from that line up too...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:10 am

Pete wrote:
It's actually one of those wierd things where that line up only ever played 1 show in the USA! And Europe/Australia got the to see the goods!

I remember reading an interview with Eric and him saying he was pretty confused by The Elder. Here he was having just joined one of the biggest bands in the world, known for it's RnR party songs and they were wanting to do a concept album!

But being a hired hand didn't have any say and as Ace has said so many time Paul n Gene could now out vote him 2 to 1. He had lost any say in the band also.

No wonder he got even more unhappy with his role.

I always find it interesting that Paul n Gene never acknowledged that Ace was right about The Elder being a huge mistake.

But I'd have loved to have heard a full on proper KISS album from that line up.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:53 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
It's actually one of those wierd things where that line up only ever played 1 show in the USA! And Europe/Australia got the to see the goods!

I remember reading an interview with Eric and him saying he was pretty confused by The Elder. Here he was having just joined one of the biggest bands in the world, known for it's RnR party songs and they were wanting to do a concept album!

But being a hired hand didn't have any say and as Ace has said so many time Paul n Gene could now out vote him 2 to 1. He had lost any say in the band also.

No wonder he got even more unhappy with his role.

I always find it interesting that Paul n Gene never acknowledged that Ace was right about The Elder being a huge mistake.

But I'd have loved to have heard a full on proper KISS album from that line up.

Isn't it nice to have conversation about Kiss without it going awry some how?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:10 am

Pete wrote:
Isn't it nice to have conversation about Kiss without it going awry some how?
lol!

This is all far too civilised...someone argue, insult & shoot me down!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ace & Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace & Kiss   Ace & Kiss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace & Kiss
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next