Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....

Go down 
+3
Pete
Roger. H
'Scope
7 posters
AuthorMessage
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... Empty
PostSubject: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:43 am

AC/DC's Black Age Tour.....Unquestionably the biggest tour of the year......is currently in stride in the States.

“The opening two minutes of the show are probably the most exciting opening to a rock ’n’ roll show ever,” Brian Johnson told the Herald Tribune of Sarasota, Fla. – his longtime home. “We got the guy who did much of the opening of the Beijing Summer Olympics. It cost us $6.3 million.”

6.3 million for this: affraid

Now Upscope's not a financial adviser but he's willing to bet that for 6.3M they could have done better?? Cool opening but....

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:13 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing them at Wembley Stadium in June. I hope the old buggers can live up to their press !
It's no good having “The opening two minutes of the show are probably the most exciting opening to a rock ’n’ roll show ever,” if the next 2 hours bore you S***less ! Having seen Airbourne live late last year, who I descibed as " AC/DC only younger, faster , louder and better " Angus and Co. have got to go some to impress me !
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:42 am

This is the video with the train bursting out yeah? Seen that a while back. Looks good (though $6.3M seems a little expensive, no wonder tickets cost so much these days) and I'm lookign forward to seeing them in April.
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:44 am

Pete wrote:
This is the video with the train bursting out yeah?

Yes it is Pete.

Upscope's struggling to figure out just what's so exciting about this beginning??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:53 am

Roger H wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing them at Wembley Stadium in June. I hope the old buggers can live up to their press !
It's no good having “The opening two minutes of the show are probably the most exciting opening to a rock ’n’ roll show ever,” if the next 2 hours bore you S***less ! Having seen Airbourne live late last year, who I descibed as " AC/DC only younger, faster , louder and better " Angus and Co. have got to go some to impress me !

Hey Rog, So you say Airbourne is is killer huh?? Upscope is really looking forward to getting a chance to see these guys play. He's heard a lot about them (mostly good) & likes what few clips he has come across.

What about a band called Rhino Bucket Rog. You ever heard of them?? They are a more modern version of AC/DC & are downright wicked. Even featuring Simon Wright on drums along with Kix axeman Brian Forsythe.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:10 am

'Scope wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Hey Rog, So you say Airbourne is is killer huh?? Upscope is really looking forward to getting a chance to see these guys play. He's heard a lot about them (mostly good) & likes what few clips he has come across.

What about a band called Rhino Bucket Rog. You ever heard of them?? They are a more modern version of AC/DC & are downright wicked. Even featuring Simon Wright on drums along with Kix axeman Brian Forsythe.

'Scope

Rhinobucket are AWESOME!! Ride the Rhino!!
Back to top Go down
buffy

buffy

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:15 am

I absolutely LOVE AC/DC, deffo one of my fav rock bands ever. They are ACE!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:48 am

DC were my first love, especially the live album "If you want Blood"...the chants of "angus, angus, angus leading into "Whole lotta rosie" were quite exciting to a 10 year old rock on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:07 am

'Scope wrote:

'Scope

Yep, I've heard a few tracks (couldn't name them though) and they sound pretty good. But Airbourne are Sh*t Hot ! you really must give 'em a go ! rock on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 am

Certainly will whenever the chance arises. Upscope has heard enough.....Airbourne is officially on his list scared1

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:41 am

Excellent ! I promise you won't be dissapointed ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:07 am

I talked to someone who has seen this live and they said with all of the special effects and the way you see it, its completely amazing in person! I love AC/DC, and have never been disappointed in any of their shows!.. Can't believe the energy these guys put out. Worth every penny!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:39 am

Upscope's been checking them out for the last 2 hours. He describes them as AC/DC meets Jackyl??

'Scope also has reason to believe that our long last dear friend Miss Izzy has seen them live before & he patiently is waiting for her to show UP to tell us about it........

swing

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 am

Mr. Upscope do you mean to tell me that in all the concerts in the world you have seen, you have never been to an AC/DC show?

I for one am shocked Shocked

I haven't seen a recent show but let me tell you live, they are amazing!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:53 pm

I saw them back in 82 on the "For those about to rock" tour....Matty nearly pissed himself.. bouncy boy3 not worthy2 clap banana man bouncy boy2

AWESOME BABY!!!!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Mr. Upscope do you mean to tell me that in all the concerts in the world you have seen, you have never been to an AC/DC show?

No Chrissy, not AC/DC....Upscope has seen them before. We were talking about "Airbourne."

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:03 am

Chrissy wrote:

'Scope wrote:
No Chrissy, not AC/DC....Upscope has seen them before. We were talking about "Airbourne."

'Scope

Somehow I've managed to miss Airbourne three times!!! The album rocks though, so hopefully they'll be back later this year...
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:52 am

Im going to be honest here ive never heard of Airbourne, but i will remedy this later on Youtube...just need my boss to go out again... cheeky
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:27 am

Have a listen ! Enjoy ! rock on

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:40 am

I had never heard of them either.

Very good I will go in search for more.
Thanks for the video!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:52 am

Roger H wrote:
Have a listen ! Enjoy ! rock on

This is a great song!!!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks for the vid Rog...

Im diggin it, i love that DC feel...it may be simple but you still gotta do it well..

Very good,.... going to Itunes now.. rock on

cheers

Matty.. drummer
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Phew ! I'm glad you all like 'em !
Go see them live if you get the chance. One of the most intense gigs I've been to ! rock on
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:36 am

For more AC/DC style rock, check out Broken Teeth. Jason McMaster of Dangerous Toys is on vocals.
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:08 pm

kokeakola wrote:
For more AC/DC style rock, check out Broken Teeth. Jason McMaster of Dangerous Toys is on vocals.

These guys were at ROK this past year. Upscope missed them though (gotta eat sometime ya know). A lot of people were talking how impressive they were.

There seems to be quite a bot of AC/DC similar type bands popping UP as of late??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....   New AC/DC tour opening with a bang..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New AC/DC tour opening with a bang.....
Page 1 of 1