Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band

Go down 
+5
Marty
RFFB
Skezza
Pete
Matty35
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band Empty
PostSubject: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:33 am

New Jersey rockers, BON JOVI, must be facing some tough times having to sink this low.

A legal letter from the law firm Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman to the girl group BLONDE JOVI has surfaced and states, “It has recently come to our attention that your band is using the mark and name Blonde Jovi in connection with live musical performances; more specifically, a Bon Jovi tribute band. Our investigation also uncovered that you are using BJP’s 'Heart And Dagger' Logo trademark prominently on your website. Unfortunately, and despite the fact that our client appreciates the reverence that your band pays tribute to Bon Jovi, as a tribute band, our client nevertheless is charged with the duty of enforcing its trademark rights. In this regard, BJP cannot allow your band to use the mark and name Blonde Jovi (or any other BJP trademarks), as such use creates a likelihood of confusion with our client, and capitalizes on the goodwill and reputation of its well-known marks.”

Blonde Jovi have temporarily changed its name to Blonde jersey until they can think of a new name. The band said in a statement "Due to threatened legal action by Jon Bon Jovi's attorneys, we will no longer be using the name BLONDE JOVI. We are temporarily calling ourselves BLONDE JERSEY, until we come up with a new name. If you have any name suggestions, please email us! Nothing containing JOVI, or anything similar to JOVI may be used so BLONDE GIOVI, BLONDE JOE V, BLONDE JOVIE, are not options. Thanks for your support!

Too bad we didn't go with our original name idea of BOOB JOVI! "
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:07 am

Matty35 wrote:
New Jersey rockers, BON JOVI, must be facing some tough times having to sink this low.

A legal letter from the law firm Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman to the girl group BLONDE JOVI has surfaced and states, “It has recently come to our attention that your band is using the mark and name Blonde Jovi in connection with live musical performances; more specifically, a Bon Jovi tribute band. Our investigation also uncovered that you are using BJP’s 'Heart And Dagger' Logo trademark prominently on your website. Unfortunately, and despite the fact that our client appreciates the reverence that your band pays tribute to Bon Jovi, as a tribute band, our client nevertheless is charged with the duty of enforcing its trademark rights. In this regard, BJP cannot allow your band to use the mark and name Blonde Jovi (or any other BJP trademarks), as such use creates a likelihood of confusion with our client, and capitalizes on the goodwill and reputation of its well-known marks.”

Blonde Jovi have temporarily changed its name to Blonde jersey until they can think of a new name. The band said in a statement "Due to threatened legal action by Jon Bon Jovi's attorneys, we will no longer be using the name BLONDE JOVI. We are temporarily calling ourselves BLONDE JERSEY, until we come up with a new name. If you have any name suggestions, please email us! Nothing containing JOVI, or anything similar to JOVI may be used so BLONDE GIOVI, BLONDE JOE V, BLONDE JOVIE, are not options. Thanks for your support!

Too bad we didn't go with our original name idea of BOOB JOVI! "

I just read this.

WTF???
Jon Bon Jovi = bad boy
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:02 am

Wow. We're getting a little bored this summer, so we'll go and sue our fans. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 am

This is a full bag of shit!! bad boy

You have a group of girls paying tribute to you who will never be you, never sell as many records as you, never earn as much money as you, never play in front of as many people as you, but you still feel the need to f*ck them over a logo & name! bad boy Complete bilge! This is what excess fame & fortune does to you! :evil pissed:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:39 am

Matty35 wrote:
This is a full bag of shit!! bad boy

You have a group of girls paying tribute to you who will never be you, never sell as many records as you, never earn as much money as you, never play in front of as many people as you, but you still feel the need to f*ck them over a logo & name! bad boy Complete bilge! This is what excess fame & fortune does to you! :evil pissed:

Nail. Hit. Head.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:38 pm

I always thought JBJ was a twat.

Now he's just confirmed it.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:19 pm

He should be flattered!! scratch
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:38 pm

RFFB wrote:

What a complete and utter tool!!!!
Marty you are soooo right, this should be the highest form of flattery and I don't see why they would have to change their name. i understand about not using the logo etc but the name I don't get....
They ought to hold their ground.
Back to top Go down
Rock

Rock

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Chrissy wrote:
RFFB wrote:

What a complete and utter tool!!!!
Marty you are soooo right, this should be the highest form of flattery and I don't see why they would have to change their name. i understand about not using the logo etc but the name I don't get....
They ought to hold their ground.

I agree, a bunch of pretty decent lookin chicks doin your stuff, and they want to start legal crap, hahahaha, whats the music world coming to. Found their myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/blondejovi
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:19 am

Marty wrote:
He should be flattened!!

Fixed that for you Marty... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:30 am

Rock wrote:

I agree, a bunch of pretty decent lookin chicks doin your stuff, and they want to start legal crap, hahahaha, whats the music world coming to. Found their myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/blondejovi
Wow! They are very cute!

Maybe JBJ is just jealous cos they have better hair and are prettier than he is!!! And sings his girly music better than he does...cos they are real girls!!!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:17 am

Its all so sad! Sad

Gone are the days when Jovi were really worth a f*ck! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Unfortunately, it's a business and a LOT of people in business are complete tools.
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:39 am

hey, their version of Runaway is real good. They're vocals remind me of Black Velvet (i think) by Alannah Myles
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Skezza wrote:
hey, their version of Runaway is real good. They're vocals remind me of Black Velvet (i think) by Alannah Myles
Just listened to this and you are very right...it is real good!!!

It actually sounds better played & sung by girls!... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Skezza wrote:
Wow. We're getting a little bored this summer, so we'll go and sue our fans. Neutral

Upscope thought only Metallica did that?? scratch

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band   Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi threatens legal action against female tribute band
Page 1 of 1