Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overrated!

Go down 
+2
Chrissy
Pete
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Overrated! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:18 am

Sonic Boom. Played it today and skipped every track after a minute or so, except Say Yeah.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:31 am

Roger. H wrote:
Sonic Boom. Played it today and skipped every track after a minute or so, except Say Yeah.
Got to pretty much agree. The songs I liked when it came out I still like...the ones I didn't, I still don't!

There's 4 songs on the whole album I can listen too all the way through and that's it.

FACEBOOK!!!!

What a pile of shit that is. And I'm still ashamed to have a FB account... Sad

But my reasons for signing up were not the usual 'sheep' ones and cetatinly not to follow a shite trend!!! At least I have that to fall back on!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:16 am

Not just fuzzbonk but social media on a whole!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:20 am

Pete wrote:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It's allowed the cretins of society to publish their own self indulgent thoughts. I know Andy Warhol said every one is famous for 15 minutes but surely there's an exception?

As for fuzzbonk I really don't care if 'sarah' is 'having a cup of tea' or has 'just popped to the loo'!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:43 am

Limp Bizkit! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:44 am

Simon Cowell and anything he is associated with.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:54 am

Celebrity culture... puke
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Metallica?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:00 am

Steven King films/TV shows...(other than Carrie)...what a pile of shite.

I assume his books are as bad but as I've never read one, nor wanted to, I can't comment!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:15 am

RFFB wrote:

I assume his books are as bad but as I've never read one, nor wanted to, I can't comment!

The books (Like most things) are better than the TV adaptions.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:06 am

I think so too. I have read a ton of SK books and i think he is really good. I think his stories are just too detailed to put into film other than ones like Misery which I thought was really good. Rose Red wasnt bad .

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:53 am

RFFB wrote:

bat bat bat idiot2 idiot2 idiot2 :stfu: :you fool: :you fool:

Carrie
Salem's Lot
The Shining
Silver Bullet
Stand By Me
Misery
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Storm Of The Century (series)
Kingdom Hospital (series)

All worthy of a mention.
And I've read every Stephen King novel, short story and non fiction books. How can anyone state that he's over rated when they admit they haven't read a thing !!!!???? :break it:
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:55 am

Roger. H wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Carrie
Salem's Lot
The Shining
Silver Bullet
Stand By Me
Misery
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile

All worthy of a mention.
And I've read every Stephen King novel, short story and non fiction books. How can anyone state that he's over rated when they admit they haven't read a thing !!!!???? :break it:
Because I was reffering to the TVshows/movies! Not the books! The shows were, on the whole, bad enough to put me off reading anything by him is what I meant.

Though having said that I was not aware he did Green Mile, Shawshank & Misery... Embarassed

Unless I've him mixed up with someone else I was reffering to rubbish like 'Christine' (not you Chrissy!!!), 'Kujo', 'IT' & yes, even The Shining (TOTALLY overrated!!!) & Salems Lot. What a bunch of yawns that lot was!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Well lucky you I have an entire Stephen King library at Mom's. Someday whenyou are chillin by the pool youll have to give one a whirl..

Scariest book I ever read is one of his and I cant remember the title!! But it a woman who is in the woods with her lover in a cabin and she's handcuffed to the bed and her lover has a heart attack and dies. You will love it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Carrie
Salem's Lot
The Shining
Silver Bullet
Stand By Me
Misery
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile

All worthy of a mention.
Because I was reffering to the TVshows/movies! Not the books! The shows were, on the whole, bad enough to put me off reading anything by him is what I meant.

Though having said that I was not aware he did Green Mile, Shawshank & Misery... Embarassed

Unless I've him mixed up with someone else I was reffering to rubbish like 'Christine' (not you Chrissy!!!), 'Kujo', 'IT' & yes, even The Shining (TOTALLY overrated!!!) & Salems Lot. What a bunch of yawns that lot was!!!

Film adaptions of books are usually worse than the actual book due to the fact that there's usually a lot more going on in the book than can be conveyed in a 2 hour movie. The Harry Potter films are exceptionally guilty of this, often missing major plot points.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:55 am

Pete wrote:

Film adaptions of books are usually worse than the actual book due to the fact that there's usually a lot more going on in the book than can be conveyed in a 2 hour movie. The Harry Potter films are exceptionally guilty of this, often missing major plot points.
Very true, but I really think the adaptations of the books I mentioned are just pants!

I mean c'mon! A haunted car or whatever...puleeeazze!... Rolling Eyes

And IT was a pile of shite. A looney clown and some big spider or something! Seriously!? LOL!!!

But I must admit, I'd be interested in reading Misery and Shawshank.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:33 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Very true, but I really think the adaptations of the books I mentioned are just pants!

I mean c'mon! A haunted car or whatever...puleeeazze!... Rolling Eyes

And IT was a pile of shite. A looney clown and some big spider or something! Seriously!? LOL!!!

But I must admit, I'd be interested in reading Misery and Shawshank.

Aah the sound of someone losing their argument and desperately trying tio stay afloat!! Laughing Laughing

Whatever floats your boat and makes you happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 am

Pete wrote:
Aah the sound of someone losing their argument and desperately trying tio stay afloat!! Laughing Laughing

Not at all!!!!

I just wasn't aware they were done by him!

I still maintain that, MOST(!), of his book adaptations are naff!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:47 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Not at all!!!!

I just wasn't aware they were done by him!

I still maintain that, MOST(!), of his book adaptations are naff!!!

Yeah, yeah yeah!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 am

Chrissy wrote:
Well lucky you I have an entire Stephen King library at Mom's. Someday whenyou are chillin by the pool youll have to give one a whirl..

Scariest book I ever read is one of his and I cant remember the title!! But it a woman who is in the woods with her lover in a cabin and she's handcuffed to the bed and her lover has a heart attack and dies. You will love it!!!!

The book is called Gerald's Game. Ironically not one of my favourites !! The Stand is by far and away my favourite and the recent 22.11.63 sees him back in form again after what, even I'll admit, was a bit of a dodgy period.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:51 am

Roger. H wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

The book is called Gerald's Game. Ironically not one of my favourites !! The Stand is by far and away my favourite and the recent 22.11.63 sees him back in form again after what, even I'll admit, was a bit of a dodgy period.

Ruth just read that. She would agree with your assessment.

I wonder if Adam likes books by Richard Bachman?

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:56 am

Probably hasn't read any, so according to him they'll be shite. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 am

Roger. H wrote:
Probably hasn't read any, so according to him they'll be shite. Rolling Eyes
That's not what I said!!!!!

I am assuming thats a psuodonna na ana an nom (can't spell that word!) of Mr Kings?

I prefer the work by Brett Eston Ellis. American Psycho is outstanding and Less Than Zero I love. I really should go and check out his more recent work...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 am

happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy Priceless !!!!!! To announce Stephen King as shite without actually reading anything and then describe American Psycho, which truely is THE most overrated piece of shit of all time, as outstanding negates any literary opinion you have. no your wrong
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next