Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Five Most Overrated Bands

Go down 
+4
Roger. H
Pete
Chrissy
Matty35
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Your Five Most Overrated Bands Empty
PostSubject: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:43 am

Coming from an idea from MSN thread, cheers Rog Wink

List your top five most overrated rock bands cheeky wow clap

In no order

Motley Crue - Although i do like a few Crue songs, I have no idea why this band is "so" popular scratch - I feel they have made a career from "image only" rather than great heavy rock music, there's bands out there who do / have written much better rock music but don't pull in half the crowd's Motley do Rolling Eyes

Manowar - All just a little too silly for me Suspect - Does Joey Di Maio really believe what he say's in interviews .."We are the kings of Metal, we have come to kick your ass & ravage your women cause we are real men, who play real fuckin Metal, fuck yeah!" Rolling Eyes
Apparently, there are "massive" in countries like Greece & Turkey, but so are Spandau Ballet!

Nirvana - Apart from "Teen Spirit" ..bilge! - I don't blame Grunge, I blame the fans Evil or Very Mad...All of a sudden Dio, Dokken, Priest, Whitesnake, & Kiss fans stopped playing / supporting their bands cause it was considered much cooler to be a miserable "baggy t shirt / jean wearing" fuckwit! - The guitar solo became so "yesterday"! ...These are the people who needed a smack on the head, for following a "trend" rather than music bat

Iron Maiden - Don't get me wrong, I love my fair share of Maiden!...but it has to be said, anything after "Seventh Son" (which was 1988) is very boring Sleep - Respect & everything to Maiden, but how they can "still" command such large audiences at gigs after their last "good" album was 21 years ago, is beyond me Suspect

Not so much a band, but an Album,... Meat Loaf's.. "Bat Out Of Hell" Why has this fuckin album sold so many copies worldwide?, my wife tortures me when she play's it Evil or Very Mad - I know loads of people who love it, & I mean love it! :your are nuts: - I can't stand it!, every song is pap! yuk
Sorry guy's, I just don't get it im sorry
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:11 am

interesting......I don't get the meatloaf thing at all................Manowar I've heard the name a few times but not much else....

I totally agree with the Crue thing....I love the too fast for love stuff...but the new shows and music just blows......

I would add Van Halen to that list....They are survivng off a memory of what they were....Close that book...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:15 am

Chrissy wrote:
interesting......I don't get the meatloaf thing at all................Manowar I've heard the name a few times but not much else....

I totally agree with the Crue thing....I love the too fast for love stuff...but the new shows and music just blows......

I would add Van Halen to that list....They are survivng off a memory of what they were....Close that book...

BOOO!!! HISS!!!! bat lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:17 am

please ...you know i'm right or are you really such a fan of little Wolfie?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:19 am

Chrissy wrote:
please ...you know i'm right or are you really such a fan of little Wolfie?

I just wanna see them with DIAMOND Dave at the helm before that book is closed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:35 am

No one commands a stage like Dave...Don't even need Van Halen for that....Dave is the king!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:49 am

Chrissy wrote:
No one commands a stage like Dave...Don't even need Van Halen for that....Dave is the king!

I know but I wanna see DDLR front VH!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:57 am

As posted elsewhere..............................................

1. Nirvana ( the '90s Sex Pistols, all hype and no substance )
2. Coldplay ( How to have a career by rehashing he same boring song over and over and over and over and over and over........)
3. The Beatles ( and yes I know without them there might be no KISS, still hate them though !!)
4. Guns and Roses. (1 album wonders)
5. U2. ( Proof that you can fool all the people............. Oh and Bongo, I'll contribute to the charities that I want to, not what your overblown ego tell's me to !! )
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:01 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I know but I wanna see DDLR front VH!

Interesting abot D.L.R. He's been in one off the most awesome gigs I've seen ( V.H. supporting Sabbath at Hammy O '78) But he's also been part of one of the very few gigs I've walked out on as he was so shite !!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:03 am

very true Mr. Roger....I once saw him fall off the stage he was so drunk......
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:51 am

Chrissy wrote:

WHAT!!!!

:off yer trolley:

VH...overrated? NEVER!!! Not with DLR anyway. Some of the best albums ever made and shows to die for.

Even without MA the songs held up really well from what I saw on YouTube. Along with KISS & Aerosmith one of America's finest bands, like...EVER!!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:01 am

Iron Maiden...utter pants. Steve Harris and his amazing galloping horse bassline in everysong. Bruce's horrendous 'someone's grabbing my balls and squeezing them' vocals. Never liked them. Never will.

U2 - Roger has summed this up better than I could! Emporers new clothes as far as I'm concerned

EMO!!! especially Fall Out Boy - America's Busted. Pop drivel. Please FOAD... But EMO in general...this ain't rock music, it's 'pop' for kiddies.

Oasis - rock music for chavs. Tho I do own 'Definately Maybe' and 'Morning Glory' ...otherwise kill

Bon Jovi - please just stop!!!! Shame some of the songs are so catchy.

Thanks for letting me rant!!!!!!... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:30 am

RFFB wrote:

Oasis - rock music for chavs. Tho I do own 'Definately Maybe' and 'Morning Glory' ...otherwise kill

How could I have forgotten The monobrowed T@'s !!!!!!!! because they don't figure in my thoughts, that's how, and shameless rip off merchants of another overrated band in my list !!! Music for those not quite brave enough to try REAL rock music !! Mad Mad

Oh and RFFB, take those albums to the nearest Oxfam shop A.S.A.P. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:30 am

RFFB wrote:

I've both those plus the single 'Whatever' which is a great track...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:12 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Surprised Shocked HaHa Good one, I almost believed you then !! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Surprised Shocked HaHa Good one, I almost believed you then !! lol! lol!

Aahh but it is. Especially after the girl you're madly in love with dumps your ass!!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:41 am

Motorhead - Famous for one song. Overtly loud that when you see them live you can't tell one song from the rest. Oh and Lemmy's a bit of twot too...

Nirvana - Depressing shite! Shame he didn't shoot himself 4 years previously and safe us form the misery that was grunge...

Coldplay - Music for dull, boring idiots. Plus they totally ripped of Joe Satriani but haven't the balls to admit it. Oh and Chris Martin is married to Gwyneth Paltrow and they named their daughter Apple!!! What's wrong with Jennifer or Helen or Ruth???

Radiohead - Music to slit your wrists to.

Nickelback - Please tell me how this pile of shite got to be one of the biggest bands currently on the planet?

Pearl Jam. Just an awful, awful band and Eddie Vedder is nearly as big a twot as Bono!

Oh. That's six isn't it? Aah well. They all deserve their place in my list because I think they're alll SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:38 pm

I don't get what the draw to see Warren Buffet could be. Must be the alcohol.

scratch

bottom's up

Ok one down 4 more to go. Embarassed queen cheer
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Marty wrote:

scratch

bottom's up

Marty my bud don't you mean Jimmi Buffet, Warren is the Wall Street tycoon I think?
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:43 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Marty wrote:

scratch

bottom's up

Marty my bud don't you mean Jimmi Buffet, Warren is the Wall Street tycoon I think?

Thanks Yeah HAAA!! that parrot head dude. I'm sorry if you are a fan. JMO, I think the people go for the party not so much the music..
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 am

Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Marty wrote:

scratch

bottom's up

Thanks Yeah HAAA!! that parrot head dude. I'm sorry if you are a fan. JMO, I think the people go for the party not so much the music..

Margeritaville???
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:37 am

1) Fag Jovi

2) NicklePuke

3) Puddle Of Crap

4) Aeroshit

5) ZZ Bottom

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:45 am

I need to add another one (I know that makes seven but I don't care)!!

Pink Floyd

I'm sure some of you love this band, but I just don't get them? Pile of pretentious crap if you ask me.

Comfortably Numb was on the radio before (which reminded me how shite I think they are). Comfortably Numb? I'm not surprised!! It's the most boring music in the world...ever!! Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Any music where you have to be stoned to appreciate it has got to be shite..hasn't it?

Last edited by Pete on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:18 am

'Scope wrote:
1) Fag Jovi

2) NicklePuke

3) Puddle Of Crap

4) Aeroshit

5) ZZ Bottom

'Scope

Scopie!!!!!!!!Missed you bud.....Great list!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:35 pm

'Scope wrote:
1) Fag Jovi

2) NicklePuke

3) Puddle Of Crap

4) Aeroshit

5) ZZ Bottom

'Scope

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Five Most Overrated Bands   Your Five Most Overrated Bands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Five Most Overrated Bands
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next