Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overrated!

Go down 
+2
Chrissy
Pete
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Overrated! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Roger. H wrote:
happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy Priceless !!!!!! To announce Stephen King as shite without actually reading anything and then describe American Psycho, which truely is THE most overrated piece of shit of all time, as outstanding negates any literary opinion you have. no your wrong
I didn't say Mr Kings books were shite!!!!!... :head case:

I said if they are as bad as the TV/films (without realising that I actually do like some of the films!!!) then I wouldn't bother reading them! I wasn't getting at Mr Kings books, I was getting at the film/TV versions!

I have found that American Psycho really does divide people into lave/hate groups. Never met anyone who thought it was 'ok'.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:31 pm

RFFB wrote:
Steven King films/TV shows...(other than Carrie)...what a pile of shite.

I assume his books are as bad but as I've never read one, nor wanted to, I can't comment!

Yes you did and by saying that you made a comment. At least I've read American Psycho and have the right to voice my opinion.
Oh, and if I were criticising a novelist I'd spell his name correctly. na na na
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Roger. H wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Steven King films/TV shows...(other than Carrie)...what a pile of shite.

I assume his books are as bad but as I've never read one, nor wanted to, I can't comment!

Yes you did and by saying that you made a comment. At least I've read American Psycho and have the right to voice my opinion.
Oh, and if I were criticising a novelist I'd spell his name correctly. na na na

Wow you're crabby!!! That time again Uncle Roger?

Ok he did say films and t.v. shows not books. I know a lot of people are surprised to learn just how many favorite films were written by SK. Now I am a fan and always have been but I love to read. Pet Cemetary is to this day one of the best stories written but the movies were just crap. i loved IT the book but not the movie. Hollywood like pete said with harry Potter can really screw up a great story.

Might go add some questions to the book thread..Well see...

over rated..Madonna. Please just go away!!

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:41 am

cheer cheer cheer Chrissy rides in to protect her man. rock on rock on rock on happy boy happy boy happy boy

Absolutely agree, most Stephen King adaptations are, at best, disappointing and at worst a pile of poo.
Off the top of my head : Dead Zone, Christine, Pet Cemetary, Maximum Overdrive (good soundtrack though), The Running Man(although the film bears no resemblance to the book), Thinner, Firestarter, The Stand series was the most anticipated (by me) and probably the biggest dissapointment, Cujo, IT (Pennywise should have been one of the scariest villans ever) all have turned brillant books into crap films that, obviously, put people off reading Stephen King novels because they assume they are as bad. Which is what annoys me. It'd be like seeing Phantom of the Park and declaring "KISS are shite". "But I haven't heard an album or seen a show".

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:53 am

Roger. H wrote:
cheer cheer cheer Chrissy rides in to protect her man. rock on rock on rock on happy boy happy boy happy boy

Absolutely agree, most Stephen King adaptations are, at best, disappointing and at worst a pile of poo.
Off the top of my head : Dead Zone, Christine, Pet Cemetary, Maximum Overdrive (good soundtrack though), The Running Man(although the film bears no resemblance to the book), Thinner, Firestarter, The Stand series was the most anticipated (by me) and probably the biggest dissapointment, Cujo, IT (Pennywise should have been one of the scariest villans ever) all have turned brillant books into crap films that, obviously, put people off reading Stephen King novels because they assume they are as bad. Which is what annoys me. It'd be like seeing Phantom of the Park and declaring "KISS are shite". "But I haven't heard an album or seen a show".

:clapping: fantastic!

I am starting a new thread..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated!   Overrated! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3