Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??

Go down 
+8
Marty
Pete
RFFB
Rev
RAZOR777
kokeakola
Chrissy
'Scope
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yout preference??
Neil Peart
Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_vote_lcap55%Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Tommy Lee
Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_vote_lcap45%Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? Empty
PostSubject: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:09 pm

In an era that saw two of the best hitters ever w/ 2 totally different styles choosing between the 2 is NOT easy?? Peart is routinely recognized as the best living rock drummer but Lee is usually mentioned as the favorite from the hard rockers??
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:11 pm

If you ask Upscope this question 10 years ago he goes w/ Lee. But after all the Gangsta' attitude from Tommy it's back to basics......

N. Peart > T. Lee

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Great question!

For me the answer came easily

Tommy is a wonderful entertainer and has a tremendious stage presence. He is the definition of a Rock star.

But Neil is a way better drummer and you just can't deny his talent!
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:04 pm

I went with Tommy Lee, due to personal prefernce, but I have to agree with Scope....Tommy's "I'm a gangster" fad has to end. It's absolutely ridiculous to see someone who OWNED rock drumming for years trying his damndest to be a 14 year old confused delinquent.
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:07 pm

kokeakola wrote:
I went with Tommy Lee, due to personal prefernce, but I have to agree with Scope....Tommy's "I'm a gangster" fad has to end. It's absolutely ridiculous to see someone who OWNED rock drumming for years trying his damndest to be a 14 year old confused delinquent.

Funny thing is Koke....it's not likely to end. It's been going on for a while now & he appears as lost & deeply into the roll as 'Whitey the Gangsta' as one can get??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:09 pm

'Scope wrote:
kokeakola wrote:

Funny thing is Koke....it's not likely to end. It's been going on for a while now & he appears as lost & deeply into the roll as 'Whitey the Gangsta' as one can get??

'Scope
If I was a close friend of his, there'd be an intervention. afro
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:25 pm

kokeakola wrote:
If I was a close friend of his, there'd be an intervention. afro

That's the problem....His closest friends are the Gangsta's!!! affraid

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Neil Peart is amazing. To me, Tommy Lee is a joke.

But Mike Portnoy pwns them both! clown
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:19 am

Neil Peart is THE reason I started drumming when I was young. His technique and skills are amazing and he is always progressing and reinventing his style and his kits. I never get tired of seeing "The Professor" in action.

Tommy Lee is a rockin drummer no doubt...I loved watchin him with the Crue back in the 80's...total rock star...but the gangsta thing...nahhh.

Peart for me. cheer
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa0C5Uxpd3c

Always dug this solo from "A show of hands" YYZ. drummer
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:37 am

Are we talking technical ability or just who is my fav?

Technical...Peart. What he does with the sticks is just incredible. But he doesn't really have much a personality and he can be pretty rude to the fans.

Lee on the other hand is the perfect drummer for Motley...he is a great drummer, has great style, has so much character he has some to spare!, and in my expeience has always been very friendly to his fans. Plus with his solo albums (which I totally love!) has proven himself to be a very compitant(sp) musician also.

So, I'm going for Tommy...
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:42 am

RFFB wrote:

Technical...Peart. What he does with the sticks is just incredible. But he doesn't really have much a personality and he can be pretty rude to the fans.

Lee on the other hand is the perfect drummer for Motley...he is a great drummer, has great style, has so much character he has some to spare!, and in my expeience has always been very friendly to his fans. Plus with his solo albums (which I totally love!) has proven himself to be a very compitant(sp) musician also.

We're talking 'your preference'....

Your analogies of the 2 are pretty much spot on IUO. Never knew that Neil Peart was a prick though??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:12 am

'Scope wrote:
RFFB wrote:

We're talking 'your preference'....

Your analogies of the 2 are pretty much spot on IUO. Never knew that Neil Peart was a prick though??
'Scope
I wouldn't go quite as far to say he's 'a prick', but he has voiced his views on his dislike of the UK fans before in magazines. Said he doesn't like the way they hunt down bands when they are on tour for autographs and the like. He point blank refused to sign anything for fans who were waiting outside the stage door at Newcastle in 1979, and had been for hours and hours!, and wasn't very polite in his refusal either.

He just doesn't seem to enjoy the circus of a RnR life. And that's fair enough.

He is a very strong minded individual and comes across as having a lot of integrity, but he could do with chillin out a bit. But I am talkin late 70's & 80's here...a long while ago. May be he has chilled out?
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:16 am

RFFB wrote:

I wouldn't go quite as far to say he's 'a prick', but he has voiced his views on his dislike of the UK fans before in magazines. Said he doesn't like the way they hunt down bands when they are on tour for autographs and the like. He point blank refused to sign anything for fans who were waiting outside the stage door at Newcastle in 1979, and had been for hours and hours!, and wasn't very polite in his refusal either.

WHAT A PRICK!!! Laughing

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:30 am

'Scope wrote:
RFFB wrote:

WHAT A PRICK!!! Laughing

'Scope
Yeah, OK...I conceed...what a prick!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:12 am

Neil has always been pretty reclusive , I remember reading in Modern Drummer about how he was never comfortable with the whole being in the public eye, because he wanted to keep his personal life out of it. I wouldn't consider him a prick though...just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:23 am

Tommy because I can't stand Rush!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:07 pm

Rev wrote:
Neil has always been pretty reclusive , I remember reading in Modern Drummer about how he was never comfortable with the whole being in the public eye, because he wanted to keep his personal life out of it. I wouldn't consider him a prick though...just my opinion.
No, in truth neither do I. I was just being flippant!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:12 pm

There is no question Neil Peart!!

I'm old school like that!~ rock band
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:22 am

Neil is a technical drum god but i prefer to watch & listen to Tommy, so Lee gets my vote. A tough tittie to twist that one! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:35 am

Pete wrote:

What ! Rush, Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112 and All the world's a Stage are all classics ! In fact
I'm Just going to put FBN on the turntable now !

But after these, Starting with Farewell to Kings, I did start to lose interest.

btw, Tommy as I've had far more fun at Crue gigs than Rush gigs ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:51 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

What ! Rush, Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112 and All the world's a Stage are all classics ! In fact
I'm Just going to put FBN on the turntable now !

But after these, Starting with Farewell to Kings, I did start to lose interest.

btw, Tommy as I've had far more fun at Crue gigs than Rush gigs ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry bud, but Rush just don't float my boat...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:20 am

No need to apologise ! That's what makes the world go 'round ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cue song ! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:24 am

Roger H wrote:
No need to apologise ! That's what makes the world go 'round ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That avatar is Sweet!! Can I...err... nick it like???
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:23 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

That avatar is Sweet!! Can I...err... nick it like???

Purloin away, My friend ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??   Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll Of The Week....N. Peart or T. Lee??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next