Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin

Go down 
+8
chuck1223
STLKINGV
Matty35
RAZOR777
kokeakola
Chrissy
Shelby
'Scope
12 posters

Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin??
Bark At The Moon
Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_vote_lcap54%Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Ultimate Sin
Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_vote_lcap46%Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:39 pm

Ozzy has had a sleuth of legend guitarist at his disposal. But, IUO it was Jake E. Lee who never got the attention he deserved. These are the only 2 albums he recorded w/ Ozzy & both classics in Upscope's eyes.....

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Both great albums & regulars in Upscope's rotation but there's just something about Bark At The Moon that separates it?? Upscope's vote is w/ BATM!!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Shelby

Shelby

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:01 pm

BATM since that was the first Ozzy album I ever listened to. I liked Ultimate Sin, but gotta go with the one that got me hooked!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Me too.....I love Ultimate Sin. Bark at the moon is good for the time but not as much as an impression as ultimate sin.
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Had to go with Ultimate, even though I LOVE both albums. The Jake era is my favorite Ozzy era. I have four words for y'all......Shot In The Dark. rock on
Back to top Go down
Shelby

Shelby

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:10 pm

kokeakola wrote:
Had to go with Ultimate, even though I LOVE both albums. The Jake era is my favorite Ozzy era. I have four words for y'all......Shot In The Dark. rock on

WORD! rock on
Back to top Go down
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 pm

BATM FTW IMO.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:39 am

"Ultimate" for me!

I think the songs are stronger, & as mentioned before "Shot in the dark" is awesome & one of my all time faves!! - & on this album i feel Jake really found his feet.

Bark at the moon is a good album, the solo to the title track is my fave by Jake (nice one Byron Wink ) - but theres a couple of tunes that let it down..."Spiders" being one, but saying that BATM is head & shoulders above any of Ozzy's last three releases.

Nice one Scopey!! thums up

cheers

Matty.. peace
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
STLKINGV

STLKINGV

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:08 am

"Loser, I'm a secret looser"....... Jake is a favorite player of mine.... Without a doubt!
Back to top Go down
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : forum lurker

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:34 pm

I am an Ultimate Sin fan....fantastic album !!! Shot In The Dark is a song I can hear over and over and it never get old. I like Bark AT The Moon,but Ultimate Sin was my fave!!! Jake E. Lee is an amazing player !!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://robbintribute.8forum.info
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Tricky...but I'll go with 'US'. The riff to the title track is awesome as is 'Lightning Strikes', 'Thank God For...' & 'SITD' - everytime I hear 'SITD' it just reminds of my youth and the Mayfair club in Newcastle.

But 'Diary Of A Madman' is actually my fav Ozzy solo album...by far.

Last edited by RFFB on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Back4more

Back4more

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:49 pm

OZZY!

Bark at the Moon.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:41 am

Bark at the Moon
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:18 pm

Bark at the moon!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:28 am

3 in a row to take the lead! cheer

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:50 am

Isn't the Ultimate Sin period the most drug addled crazy f**ked up time of Ozzy's career? I seem to remember him looking awful during this era?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:58 am

Bark at the Moon has just been played on the radio!

Cracking song. Ozzy why can'y you make more records like this?
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 am

Pete wrote:

Because he's lost it mate, but we can forgive him..he is 97 cheesin'
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:08 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

Because he's lost it mate, but we can forgive him..he is 97 cheesin'

Or Sharon drained it outta him... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:14 am

Pete wrote:
Isn't the Ultimate Sin period the most drug addled crazy f**ked up time of Ozzy's career? I seem to remember him looking awful during this era?
'Diary Of A Madman' was a pretty wild time...biting bats, The Alamo incident, the often forgotten biting off of a Doves head at an executive party, shaving his heed in a drug/drink haze, snorting ants!!!...man, he must have kept Colombia in profit all by himself!!!

Reading Sounds/Kerrang at the time was class, especially when you knew there was goin to be an Ozzy article...it was like, "wonder what he's done NOW!!!"
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:15 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
'Diary Of A Madman' was a pretty wild time...biting bats, The Alamo incident, the often forgotten biting off of a Doves head at an executive party, shaving his heed in a drug/drink haze, snorting ants!!!...man, he must have kept Colombia in profit all by himself!!!

Reading Sounds/Kerrang at the time was class, especially when you knew there was goin to be an Ozzy article...it was like, "wonder what he's done NOW!!!"

AAh. That was it. US is when he's a fat bleached blonde waster!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:25 am

Pete wrote:

Cracking song. Ozzy why can'T you make more records like this?
Because it's pretty much acknowledged that Ozzy doesn't really write the songs!!!

It's the muso's in his band...he gets writing credits 'cos it's his band. This all came out when Daisley/Kerslake sued Ozzy for not giving them credit's on the 'Diary Of...' album when they played on it, not Sarzo/Alridge. They said how Ozzy didn't really contribute much. if anything, but it was written into thier contracts that Ozzy had to be given writing credits.

Don't forget, it was Geezer Butler who wrote the Sabbath lyrics. Shocked me when I found that out back in the day!... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin   Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll Of The Week... Bark At The Moon or Ultimate Sin
Page 1 of 1