Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snow in England !

Go down 
+8
Chrissy
Matty35
danigirl
RFFB
'Scope
Mary1234
Pete
Roger. H
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Snow in England ! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
O'h that is so sad.....Over a little snow? Wow the East Coast just got dumped on yesterday......now thats snow!

Chrissy. The WHOLE country is white. The UK isn't used to winters like this and is therefore totally unprepared!
It's not that the UK isn't used to winters like this...it's just the whole country has gone freakin soft. The slightest bit of anything out of the ordinary and we go to pot. To hot, too cold, too wet, too (add whatever you want here)

Hell, I was around in the mid 70's when it was so hot the roads actually melted! Seriously, no joke. And I remember walkin to school through 3 feet of snow for a mile and a half.

Now we get 2/3 inches and its 'Oh, too dangerous...blah blah blah'...everyones just to molly-coddled.

How did we ever build an Empire... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:25 am

RFFB wrote:

I'm not sure, but you can see how we lost it though...and I agree any slight deviation in the 'Normal' weather pattern and the UK grinds to a halt. Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:32 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

I'm not sure, but you can see how we lost it though...and I agree any slight deviation in the 'Normal' weather pattern and the UK grinds to a halt. Shocked Rolling Eyes
lol!

That is so true!

England is the Newcastle Utd on the world scene...

...once great but now the biggest underacheivers of all and living on past glory!!!!
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 am

RFFB wrote:

That is so true!

...once great but now the biggest underacheivers of all and living on past glory!!!!
Rolling Eyes

Or even Great Britain/United Kingdom... Wink

Oh and I'd say this country is more like Liverpool FC. Once great but now the biggest underacheivers of all and living on past glory, as NUFC have never really been that successful...have they.... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

That is so true!

Rolling Eyes

Or even Great Britain/United Kingdom... Wink

Oh and I'd say this country is more like Liverpool FC. Once great but now the biggest underacheivers of all and living on past glory, as NUFC have never really been that successful...have they.... Wink
1)...I didn't want to include the other countries in the UK as it was actually England who were the old aggressors...never heard of Scotland or Wales declaring War and sending off Armies to build Empires!

2)OI!!!!!!! Newcastle have won the FA Cup a few times you know!!! Ok, well before you or I were born...but STILL!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 am

Forgive me but I thought it was known as the British Empire and not the English Empire... Question Wink

NUFC? Won the FA Cup you say? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:34 am

Pete wrote:
Forgive me but I thought it was known as the British Empire and not the English Empire... Question Wink

NUFC? Won the FA Cup you say? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Yeah, but we also ruled Wales/Scotland & Ireland! It's not like they had any say in the matter!!!!!!!

And yes!!! 6 Times!
1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952 & 1955...

See, we dominiated the 1950's!!!!

Who said livin the past!? Oh, yeah...me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am

Snow has now become torrential rain and floods. So glad we're on a hill..............Hang on a minute, do we have landslides in this country !!!?? affraid
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:58 am

I must be getting old as I no longer see the magic in Snow. All I see is frustration and difficult journeys!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:37 am

Talking of journeys, Stevie set off from Luton at 5am this morning to get here. She's just phoned saying that she is at Honiton which is about 35 miles from here. So by the time she arrives it'll be about a 6 1/2 hour trip. Not bad going given the conditions.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:38 am

Roger The Shrubber wrote:
Talking of journeys, Stevie set off from Luton at 5am this morning to get here. She's just phoned saying that she is at Honiton which is about 35 miles from here. So by the time she arrives it'll be about a 6 1/2 hour trip. Not bad going given the conditions.

6.5 hours? You can fly to New York in 7 hours!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 am

Yeah, but it don't half make your arms ache though.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:42 am

Yeah, but it don't half make your arms ache though.

It's also a bit nippy too...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:57 am

how long of a trip would it be without the snow Roger?
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:49 am

A friend that plays Kingdoms of Camelot lives in Blackpool, and he was complaining that he's in the coldest city in the country, but, there's no snow!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:16 am

Pete wrote:
I must be getting old as I no longer see the magic in Snow. All I see is frustration and difficult journeys!
And ice and slush and other treacherous conditions!

It's now at the stage I really hate. The snow is no longer 'fluffy' so you can walk on it, it's all compacted and smooth and slippy as hell. And over night it seems to get a new layer of ice just to really make it difficult to walk on!

And then there's the dreaded black ice! It looks safe! You think you can get a steady footing...but noooo!

I HATE THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:22 am

Chrissy wrote:
how long of a trip would it be without the snow Roger?

About 2 1/2- 3 hrs. I think she did really well in her little Smart car, when trucks, trains, buses and planes were at a standstill. The irony is she made it the 170 odd miles to our village but then had to leave the car in the nursery car park, 50 yards away because she couldn't get the car up the track to our yard.

Last edited by Roger The Shrubber on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:44 am

a smart car in the snow just sounds scary..glad she is alright
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:48 am

Chrissy wrote:
a smart car in the snow just sounds scary..glad she is alright

yeah, she's fine. Now the hard work starts for her, running around for the invalid !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:33 am

We had heavy rain over night and it's washed all the snow away !! cheer cheer cheer
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:05 am

We had heavy rain over night and it's washed all the snow away !! cheer cheer cheer

We currently have heavy rain...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:44 am

What a weird country we live in. 2 days ago I was shivering under my blankies worrying about Stevie driving down from Luton. Today the snow has gone, the sun is out, I'm wearing a T-shirt and we're off down to the beach!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:10 pm

that is strange!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:30 am

It was lovely just to sit on a bench with the sun on my face and listening to the waves. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:04 am

No more snow as of yet but it is really, really cold today...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow in England !   Snow in England ! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow in England !
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next