Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England Empty
PostSubject: Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England   Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:37 am

Anthrax played on Saturday, August 1st at the Sonisphere festival in Knebworth, England, with John Bush (Anthrax's singer from 1992 to 2005) joining them for a very special one-off performance.

Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian wrote on his Twitter page shortly after the concert, "40-odd thousand people chanting 'Bring back Bush.' 'Nuff said."

Metal Hammer magazine writes in its review of the show, "One word sums up Anthrax [at Sonisphere] — flawless. Smashing through the barricades with a thunderous 'What Doesn't Die', it's mind-blowing to think that this incarnation of Anthrax haven't played together for four years. Bush's voice is nothing short of sensational, as his enthusiasm and energy."

"'Caught In A Mosh,' 'Antisocial,' making an entire field full of people lose their fucking mind during 'Bring The Noise' and a finale of 'Indians,' John Bush and Anthrax came to Knebworth and came, saw and motherfucking conquered."

View photos from ThrashHits.com by clicking here.

Anthrax parted ways with singer Dan Nelson last month due to what has been described as "personal differences." As a result, the band canceled 10 European shows and pulled out of a U.S. tour with Slipknot which was scheduled to take place in August and September.

Anthrax's manager, Izvor Zivkovic of Split Media, told Blabbermouth.net on July 21st that the band's new album, "Worship Music," release dates will now be "pushed back." According to Ian, Dan Nelson's tracks will most likely be erased from the CD, which was recently mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of Ugly Kid Joe who has also worked with artists such as Mudvayne, Evanescence).

When asked if he, in the back of his mind, is hoping that the Sonisphere show might lead to something more permanent with Bush, Ian told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine, "It's not in the back of my mind — it's right at the front of it. When our reunion tour with Joey Belladonna and Dan Spitz finished in 2007, we [Ian, drummer Charlie Benante and bassist Frank Bello] wanted both John and [guitarist] Rob Caggiano to come back. Well, Rob returned but not John.

"I love working with John, and I know I speak for everyone involved with Anthrax — the band and the fans — when I say that the best thing for us would for this to turn into a long-term relationship. But I don't want to jump the gun. Let's see how things go at Sonisphere, and take it from there."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England   Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Interesting story this is, although if it were me, I'd be singing "Bring back Belladonna" because the guy is by far the best singer Anthrax have ever had (imo)
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England   Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Skezza wrote:
Interesting story this is, although if it were me, I'd be singing "Bring back Belladonna" because the guy is by far the best singer Anthrax have ever had (imo)

Ive always liked Anthrax but the whole singer thing is becoming a joke No
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England   Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:13 am

Matty35 wrote:
Skezza wrote:

Ive always liked Anthrax but the whole singer thing is becoming a joke No

Bit Spinal Tap and Drummers isn't it...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England   Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax Met With Cheers Of "Bring Back Bush" At The Sonisphere Festival In England
Page 1 of 1