Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Venting

Go down 
+4
laxcdn
Frethead
Rev
Marty
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:31 am

What say we begin with a little passive stretching?

You'll probably want to be sitting. Inhale and sit up straight ( shoulders back, neck straight/ don't stick your butt out- tuck your kua). Probably a good idea to have a straight backed chair or a wall to press against, and recheck your posture throughout. #1 rule in MT. WARM THE TISSUE. Gently rub the back and sides of your neck with your fingertips. Prevents bruising, oxygenates the tissue, and prepares the tissue for work and/ or stretching. RELAX and breathe naturally, synchronizing your exhalations while applying pressure to the stretch. Place your palms on the back of your head - interlocking your fingers is o.k. Now, roll your elbows forward, inhale and apply a gentle, steadily increasing pressure while exhaling. Stop and hold for one and a half seconds ( Count One-one thousand one thousand)when you feel tension/ muscular resistance. Gently return your head to ( shoulders back, neck straight/ don't stick your butt out, tuck your kua). Moving your hands lower on the back of your head may become necessary. Three times you should add pressure until there is resistance. Reload from ( shoulders back, neck straight/ don't stick your butt out, tuck your kua) posture between each stretch. Your head will droop farther and farther forward with each stretch, and the farther your head droops, the more deeply your stretch will reach.

Once you've completed three stretches to your cranial/ posterior neck muscles, check your posture ( shoulders back, neck straight/ don't stick your butt out, tuck your kua), keep your eyes level with the ground and looking directly in front you. Move your ear a comfortable distance towards your shoulder. Reach over your head with the same side hand and wrap the palm of your hand over the top edge of your head. Repeat breathing synchronicity, ( inhale before stretch and exhale while stretching) gently press, lowering your ear toward your shoulder until you meet with musclular tension. Perform stretch three times to both sides.

Work with these stretches several times throughout the day. You can't overstretch. I'm going to have to work up the procedure for stretching the rhomboids, and you need to get in touch with your mom or Cathy, I'm imagining. NO NAILS!!! Then we'lll check back and figure out if, perhaps, we need to go lower. Geez, I hope not, but, it is a disctinct possiblity. I will work up a very special SCM ( Sterno-cleido mastoid {neuro-muscular fascilitation}) stretch for you, as well.

#2 rule in MT. DRINK LOTS OF WATER, ESPECIALLY, AFTER MUSCLE WORK

Last edited by Frethead on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:56 pm

Chrissy wrote:
The cost of renewing the tags on my car!!!! California is the most exspenisve for tags and lord the DMV just gives it to you in the worst way...

$478!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huh? Renew tags? What is that all about? What are 'tags?'
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:10 am

RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
The cost of renewing the tags on my car!!!! California is the most exspenisve for tags and lord the DMV just gives it to you in the worst way...

$478!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every year we have the pleasure of having to renew the registration on our cars...Once we do this we get issued "tags" good for one year of driving..
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:26 pm

RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

$478!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auto plate. DMV Identification system. My favorite is IB6 UB9 The act of renewing tags is awarded with a sticker, a different color and printed with the following year and registration month, which is placed over the outdated one.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:23 pm

You don't have road tax in the USA though do you? An annual tax levied for the priviledge of being allowed to drive on the roads! But we don't have to renew our licence plates, once we have them that's it.

Sounds like swopping one tax for another...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 am

Frethead wrote:
What say we begin with a little passive stretching?

You'll probably want to be sitting. Inhale and sit up straight ( shoulders back, neck straight/ don't stick your butt out- tuck your kua). Probably a good idea to have a straight backed chair or a wall to press against, and recheck your posture throughout. #1 rule in MT. WARM THE TISSUE. Gently rub the back and sides of your neck with your fingertips. Prevents bruising, oxygenates the tissue, and prepares the tissue for work and/ or stretching. RELAX and breathe naturally, synchronizing your exhalations while applying pressure to the stretch. Place your palms on the back of your head - interlocking your fingers is o.k. Now, roll your elbows forward, inhale and apply a gentle, steadily increasing pressure while exhaling. Stop and hold for one and a half seconds ( Count One-one thousand one thousand)when you feel tension/ muscular resistance. Gently return your head to ( shoulders back, neck straight/ don't stick your butt out, tuck your kua). Moving your hands lower on the back of your head may become necessary. Three times you should add pressure until there is resistance. Reload from ( shoulders back, neck straight/ don't stick your butt out, tuck your kua) posture between each stretch. Your head will droop farther and farther forward with each stretch, and the farther your head droops, the more deeply your stretch will reach.

Once you've completed three stretches to your cranial/ posterior neck muscles, check your posture ( shoulders back, neck straight/ don't stick your butt out, tuck your kua), keep your eyes level with the ground and looking directly in front you. Move your ear a comfortable distance towards your shoulder. Reach over your head with the same side hand and wrap the palm of your hand over the top edge of your head. Repeat breathing synchronicity, ( inhale before stretch and exhale while stretching) gently press, lowering your ear toward your shoulder until you meet with musclular tension. Perform stretch three times to both sides.

Work with these stretches several times throughout the day. You can't overstretch. I'm going to have to work up the procedure for stretching the rhomboids, and you need to get in touch with your mom or Cathy, I'm imagining. NO NAILS!!! Then we'lll check back and figure out if, perhaps, we need to go lower. Geez, I hope not, but, it is a disctinct possiblity. I will work up a very special SCM ( Sterno-cleido mastoid {neuro-muscular fascilitation}) stretch for you, as well.

#2 rule in MT. DRINK LOTS OF WATER, ESPECIALLY, AFTER MUSCLE WORK

Thanks Fret I went to my brothers yesterday and he was able to find the right spot in between my shoulder blades and lots of pressure later I am doing so much better..Will keep up the stretching and the water though...I had let that habit go for the last months and this was a great reminder to begi my day with this like before..xxxx
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:51 am

You can slide your fingers right up underneath the scapulae for the best rhomboid stretch. I wanna guess your SCMs are feeling it today, but, I hope you're all better, now.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:45 pm

Bucs beat the Saints! Bucs beat the Saints! Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:01 pm

RFFB wrote:
You don't have road tax in the USA though do you? An annual tax levied for the priviledge of being allowed to drive on the roads! But we don't have to renew our licence plates, once we have them that's it.

Road tax and ID are the essential purposes for plates; although, for a fee they can be personalized, and you have a choice of illustration/ graphic design. The plates cost more as vehicle weight goes up, and less as vehicles age. COME ON FLORIDA HIGH SPEED RAIL!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:38 am

Frethead wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Road tax and ID are the essential purposes for plates; although, for a fee they can be personalized, and you have a choice of illustration/ graphic design. The plates cost more as vehicle weight goes up, and less as vehicles age. COME ON FLORIDA HIGH SPEED RAIL!!!
Certainly sounds like your equivalent of road tax, which I really thought Americans didn't have to pay. I'm fairly sure that here, as I don't actually drive!, that road tax can be reduced by buying a car with a smaller engine so less pollution and emissions. Age makes no difference tho...

Interesting how govenerments find way to make money from us...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:38 am

Frethead wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Certainly sounds like your equivalent of road tax, which I really thought Americans didn't have to pay. I'm fairly sure that here, as I don't actually drive!, that road tax can be reduced by buying a car with a smaller engine so less pollution and emissions. Age makes no difference tho...

Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:50 am

RFFB wrote:
Frethead wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Ofcourse, Americans don't pay for anything! Never have! ! ! LLL Road safety ( law enforcement), and progress, i.e. development, repairs, maintenance. And, then there are state emission laws which weigh heavily on drivers' wallets, thus, you'll find that when Capitol Hill doesn't want it, the state is allowed to take it.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:42 am

I can't think of anything we don't pay for....
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:59 am

Chrissy wrote:
I can't think of anything we don't pay for....

We even pay for the money that the "U.S. Treasury" prints! To say that we pay interest is closer to the truth, because the debt will never be cleared; we ( the U.S.A.) will never pay it off, nor, will we ever own it.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm sick of the sight of these f***ing crutches !!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:41 pm

I bet is so frustrating.....I am so glad to not hear you say " I hate this f-----g wheel chair"
Just a little longer and you can pitch them!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 am

Petrol Prices, tory government, vat 20%...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:31 am

Roy, just do us a favour and walk away. It's not your fault you can't handle the job. Just walk away now, before you do anymore damage.

Don't wait to be sacked, you don't deserve the pay off, just go....

or..........

Roy Hodgson - Fuck off outta my club!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:54 am

so you don't like him much do you?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:08 am

Chrissy wrote:
so you don't like him much do you?

Even like is a strong word in this case...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:14 am

Blackpool next and they're resting their team over the weekend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:16 am

Roger The Shrubber wrote:

Blackpool - Shite @ home. Liverpool - Shite. A draw would be a decent result...

Having said that once the Mancs run up a cricket score against us on Sunday that should be the end of the bumbling idiot's reign...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:19 am

Pete wrote:

Having said that once the Mancs run up a cricket score against us on Sunday that should be the end of the bumbling idiot's reign...

They won't lose 2 at home on the trot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:23 am

Pete wrote:

They won't lose 2 at home on the trot. Very Happy

Who? Blackpool? Probably not, after all they are a formidable team and will be difficult to beat, especially at home.... Rolling Eyes

Please Roy, just fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:25 am

Blackpool 2 Liverpool 0. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Venting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venting
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next