Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Venting

Go down 
+4
laxcdn
Frethead
Rev
Marty
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:25 am

RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Yes so what does that tell you?!!!!!! Suspect
What's so weird about 'Monkey Blood' anyway!?... Shocked
Better than monkey piss I guess...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:11 am

Pete wrote:

Is that your new hair product ?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 8:17 am

happy boy happy boy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 8:41 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Is that your new hair product ?? Very Happy

Nah, I've found a new hair product...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:26 am

Why Why Why WHY WHY !!!!!!.........................Do I listen to Stevie !!! The classic is, obviously, " Why not cut the grass this afternoon " but yesterday I had, " Since you've painted the porch, I'm going to paint the front door "....... Not only do we have a green front door now, we also have a green spotted carpet !!! Mad
......Correction......... We have a green smudged carpet after SOMEONE tried to clean it up with white spirit. idiot2 Off out later to buy a couple of carpet runners for the hallway. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:13 am

woops.......................
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:59 am

First rule of decorating...

Cover up anything that might get damaged!!! That's why they make huge plastic sheets!!! £2.50 from B&Q. Not even expensive!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:10 am

Right this has messed my head up!

I had to go to Milton Keynes this afternoon...found a train for £9.50 each way. £19, cool. Wouldn't let me book online as I guess the period before departure was too short.

Went to station and asked for the 13:30 train and that I'd seen a ticket for £9.50 online. Seller said that would be an advance ticket and had to be bought 24 hours before departure. Now the next price up I had seen online was like £19-22 one way. So fully expected her to come back with a price of around £40 for the round trip.

She checks the train times & availability and then says that it's £19. I look confused and ask if that's one way, she says no that's the anytime day rtn!!! So instead of booking specific trains and being tied to them it cost me the same as the advance price, on the day, and I got to choose any train I wanted!!!!

WTF is wrong with the train pricing structure!!!!??? It makes no sense at all!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:11 pm

RFFB wrote:
First rule of decorating...

Cover up anything that might get damaged!!! That's why they make huge plastic sheets!!! £2.50 from B&Q. Not even expensive!!!

She had put newspaper down but still managed to miss it !!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:13 pm

RFFB wrote:

I had to go to Milton Keynes this afternoon...found a train for £9.50 each way. £19, cool. Wouldn't let me book online as I guess the period before departure was too short.

Went to station and asked for the 13:30 train and that I'd seen a ticket for £9.50 online. Seller said that would be an advance ticket and had to be bought 24 hours before departure. Now the next price up I had seen online was like £19-22 one way. So fully expected her to come back with a price of around £40 for the round trip.

She checks the train times & availability and then says that it's £19. I look confused and ask if that's one way, she says no that's the anytime day rtn!!! So instead of booking specific trains and being tied to them it cost me the same as the advance price, on the day, and I got to choose any train I wanted!!!!

WTF is wrong with the train pricing structure!!!!??? It makes no sense at all!!!!!

You've been in M.K !!!?? why didn't you get in touch ?? It's only 20 mins up the road we could've come up and had lunch and a beer with you. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:46 pm

Roger. H wrote:
RFFB wrote:

You've been in M.K !!!?? why didn't you get in touch ?? It's only 20 mins up the road we could've come up and had lunch and a beer with you. Rolling Eyes
I was not aware it was that close to you! And this was, literally, arranged on that morning. I didn't actually know I was heading out until 2 hrs before I had to leave.

BUT!!!! Now I know that info I will certainly keep it in mind, cos MK is only 1hr 30(ish) away and it's on the London mainline from B/ham so is piss easy to get to...unlike Luton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Tho, wonder if trains go from MK to Luton? That's another thing that's messed up, the train online time tables. Hell, there's a train from Euston to Wolves which you have to make 3 chgs, takes you to Stafford, which is north of Wolves, and then back down and takes like 3hrs 30 mins! Or, you can get the direct train, no stops, nothing and takes 1hr 50 (ish!)!!!!

No train route from Wolves to Luton said I could chg at MK, they all took me into L/don then back out again. Worth looking into for future reference!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:42 am

No train link from Luton and M.K. but there is a coach run by Virgin that runs between the two ( I think 4 an hour ) stops right outside both stations. A pretty good service, we've used it a few times when neither of us fancies driving.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:49 am

Now we're back in Luton we have applied to rejoin the local medical centre where we were registered before. They still have all our records on their system (same names, address, NHS numbers etc. ) so why do we have to fill in all the registration forms again, show passport and proof of address and wait two days for it all to be processed ??
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:22 am

Brurocracy...don't you just love it!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:28 am

RFFB wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Prefer Bureaucracy myself... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Prefer Bureaucracy myself... Wink
I knew it didn't look right and I even highlighted it to see if I was offered any alternatives...and I wasn't! So I went with it!

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:32 am

Nuffink Lik a gud edukashun.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:35 am

Roger. H wrote:
That's an A* in English these days!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:45 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
That's an A* in English these days!!!!!!!!!!

F***ing A !!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:35 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14553330

Quote :
MPs and justice campaigners say some of the sentences given to those involved in the riots in England are too harsh.

On Tuesday two men were jailed for four years for using Facebook to incite riots and another was given 18 months for having a stolen TV in his car.

Liberal Democrat MP Tom Brake said sentences "should be about restorative justice" not retribution.

But Communities Secretary Eric Pickles said tougher sentences would show there were consequences to disorder.

More than 2,770 people have been arrested in connection with last week's riots in a number of English cities.

By Tuesday afternoon, 1,277 suspects had appeared in court and 64% had been remanded in custody. In 2010 the remand rate at magistrates for serious offences was 10%.

The courts and tribunals service says legal advisers in court have been advising magistrates to "consider whether their powers of punishment are sufficient in dealing with some cases arising from the recent disorder". Magistrates are able to refer cases to crown courts which have tougher sentencing powers.

'Lack of proportionality'

Mr Brake told the BBC's Newsnight that some of those convicted had received sentences which would have been different if they had committed the same crime the day before the riots.

He said it should be about restorative justice rather than retribution.

The former chair of the Criminal Bar Association, Paul Mendelle QC, told BBC 5 live: "If they go to prison at all or too long they lose jobs and may cause further social disruption and you may find the ultimate cost to the community is greater than the original crime for which they were punished.

"When people get caught up and act out of character, in a similar way, there is a danger that the courts themselves may get caught up in a different kind of collective hysteria - I'm not suggesting violence or anything like that - but in purporting to reflect the public mood actually go over the top and hand out sentences which are too long and too harsh."

But Mr Pickles told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "We need to understand that people for a while thought that this was a crime without consequence - we cannot have people being frightened in their beds, frightened in their own homes for their public safety.

"That is why these kind of exemplary sentences are necessary. I think people would be rightly alarmed if that incitement to riot got off with just a slap on the wrist."

Cheshire men Jordan Blackshaw, 21, of Marston, and Perry Sutcliffe-Keenan, 22, of Warrington, were jailed for four years each after admitting using Facebook to incite disorder, although none actually resulted.

The Recorder of Chester, Judge Elgan Edwards, said he hoped the sentences would act as a deterrent to others.

Assistant Chief Constable of Cheshire Police Phil Thompson said: "If we cast our minds back just a few days to last week and recall the way in which technology was used to spread incitement and bring people together to commit acts of criminality, it is easy to understand the four-year sentences that were handed down in court today."

The Crown Prosecution Service said the offences committed carried maximum sentences of 10 years, but the four-year sentences were the lengthiest related to rioting so far.

Labour MP Paul Flynn wrote on his blog that the government was "throwing away sentencing rules".

"How can this make sense? How does it compare with other crimes? What will it do to prison numbers? This is not government. It's a series of wild panic measures seeking to claw back popularity."

Conservative MP for Stourbridge Margot James said she thought the sentence was reasonable.

"I think the young men involved were inciting a riot, trying to organise the sort of mayhem that we saw on the streets eight nights ago in Salford, which would have put lives at risk and at the very least they distracted the police from trying to deal with that crisis and put a lot of fear into people."

Rule book

Leading criminal barrister John Cooper QC said he believed the sentences were "over the top" and were likely to be overturned by the Court of Appeal.

"What we need to remember here is that there's a protocol for sentencing, and there are rules and procedures in sentencing which make them effective and make them fair.

"What we can't do, in my view, in situations like this, is suddenly throw the rule book away simply because there's a groundswell of opinion."

In another case, three men were jailed for up to two years in relation to the disorder in Manchester and Salford on 9 August. David Beswick, 31, Stephen Carter, 26, both from Salford, and Michael Gillespie-Doyle, 18, from Tameside, all pleaded guilty at earlier hearings.

Sitting at Manchester Crown Court, sentencing Judge Andrew Gilbart QC said: "I have no doubt at all that the principal purpose is that the courts should show that outbursts of criminal behaviour like this will be and must be met with sentences longer than they would be if the offences had been committed in isolation.

"For those reasons I consider that the sentencing guidelines for specific offences are of much less weight in the context of the current case, and can properly be departed from."

Beswick was sentenced to 18 months in prison for handling stolen goods. His friend Tony Whitaker said the punishment was disproportionate, given that he had pleaded guilty straight away.

BOLLOCKS!

Being too soft is what's caused this mess in the first place!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:41 am

So...Ruth & I tried to see Captain America last night before it goes off screen. Checked the listing & there was a 2D showing at 21:20. Deciding to make a night of it we set og about 18:20 so we can have tea at Chiquito's first...

Get to the cinema and join the queue for tickets. Ask for two for the 21:20 showing and get told due to a technical issue this has been moved to 23:20!!!! Evil or Very Mad

This cinema has 11 screens and could have easily bumped one of the multiple showings of another film to show Cap at 21:2o but no!!! So we decide to get tickets for Cowboys & Aliens and go off to Chiquito's...40 minute wait for a table but hey, we've got time...right?

Get seated at 8PM and order straight away. Starters arrive at 20:20, main doesn't arrive until 21:00!!! Eat quickly, pay and head back to the cinema, miss the ads (cool) and trailers (boo!) and watch film...which is a bit pooh...

All in all not a brilliant night. Thanks Cineworld...Odeon Cinema's just got our business. Chiquito's you lost our business too!!

Still haven'e seen Captain America either! Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:04 am

Neither have I. Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD now. I would have bought it anyway to add to my Marvel Movie collection. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:08 am

Roger. H wrote:
Neither have I. Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD now. I would have bought it anyway to add to my Marvel Movie collection. Very Happy

Going to try again this week...still pissed that Cineworld bumped it to 23:20 rather than moving it to another screen and cancelling a showing if something that had multiple showings...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:25 am

Miserable bus drivers!!... kill

There's a few drivers who are really friendly, you get a 'Good Morning' or a 'Bye'/'Take care' or whatever getting on/off the bus. And to my surprise it helps set me up for the day.

And then there's the miserable fuckers who just scowl, sayin nothin and don't even look at you when you show them your pass!!! Really boils my piss.

Had a proper dork the other day who really speeded up so he could beat the red light, failed and was goin so fast couldn't stop so just drove straight through it. He was a miserble fucker too!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:07 am

RFFB wrote:
Miserable bus drivers!!... kill

There's a few drivers who are really friendly, you get a 'Good Morning' or a 'Bye'/'Take care' or whatever getting on/off the bus. And to my surprise it helps set me up for the day.

And then there's the miserable fuckers who just scowl, sayin nothin and don't even look at you when you show them your pass!!! Really boils my piss.

Had a proper dork the other day who really speeded up so he could beat the red light, failed and was goin so fast couldn't stop so just drove straight through it. He was a miserble fucker too!!!

Try cycling along a narrow road with a bus behind you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Venting - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting   Venting - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venting
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next