Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The World Cup is here!!

Go down 
+3
Roger. H
Chrissy
Pete
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:26 am

Roger H wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I'm confused? Ok thats dumb I meant even more than normal.....Germany is out correct?
for some stupid reason the 2 losing semi-final teams have a play off for 3rd & 4th place.

a totally pointless game as who cares...unless, like Pete, you have money riding on it!!!

I thought it was something to do with prize money, 3rd getting a bit more than 4th. But The winner gets $31 million, 2nd gets $24 million and semi finallists get $20 million each. So you're right it is a pointless game except I suppose to earn a bit more in gate receipts and to rub salt into the wounds of the teams who didn't make it to the final.
I should have guessed it was all about money...I mean after all, who plays the game just for the love of it anymore?... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:49 am

So that's that then.

Spain win it despite the dutch trying to kick ten tonnes of shite outta them!!

Now bring on the new season and the highs (and inevitable lows) it will bring...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:12 am

Pete wrote:
So that's that then.

Spain win it despite the dutch trying to kick ten tonnes of shite outta them!!

Now bring on the new season and the highs (and inevitable lows) it will bring...

What were the Dutch thinking !?? They've always been a side that uses skill and panache, Beautiful Football (I Think) Ruud Gullit once said, not use the thuggery tactics of a second rate South American team !! Well done Spain for getting on with the game and not get drawn into a kicking match. The best team won, VIVA ESPANA !! cheer

Yeah, roll on 7th August and Chesterfield. Let the relegation battle commence !! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:32 am

Roger H wrote:

Yeah, roll on 7th August and Chesterfield. Let the relegation battle commence !! Very Happy Very Happy

For you and me both (and I ain't talking about Macc Town!) Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:35 am

Is Torres still a Liverpool player ?? Looks like he's crocked again, I'd get shot of him to the 1st bidder if I were them.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:40 am

Roger H wrote:
Is Torres still a Liverpool player ?? Looks like he's crocked again, I'd get shot of him to the 1st bidder if I were them.

Yes he is. He always gets crocked playing for Spain! Problem was he was injured in April & rushed his recovery to play in the WC.

Last edited by Pete on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Yes he is. He always gets crocked playing for Spain! Problem was he was injted in April & rushed his recovery to play in the WC.

Are you Chrissy in disguise !!!???? lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Yes he is. He always gets crocked playing for Spain! Problem was he was injted in April & rushed his recovery to play in the WC.

Are you Chrissy in disguise !!!???? lol!

Oops...time for posh coffee me thinks!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:56 am

Good idea. See you later.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:21 am

Roger H wrote:

When do you play Macc away?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:50 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

January 22nd.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:54 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

January 22nd.

Are you planning to attend or will you be skint after Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:58 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

January 22nd.

Are you planning to attend or will you be skint after Christmas?

Will be skint after Christmas and (hope) to be going to the Lizzy gig in Dublin. But having trouble finding tickets, it's not even listed on the Dublin O2 site.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:00 am

Thought as much (on both accounts).

Well if you are let me know. I know a lovely pub (with fine bitter) for you to warm yourselves up in before & after the game...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:28 am

I certainly will, Sir. thums up
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:27 am

Did you know that Spain is the first team to win the world cup after loosing their opening game?

And the Dutch...Shame on you....You played a dirty game and deserved to loose...

Viva Spain....Enjoy your win!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:28 am

Chrissy wrote:
Did you know that Spain is the first team to win the world cup after loosing their opening game?

And the Dutch...Shame on you....You played a dirty game and deserved to loose...

I did indeed know that despite Spain losing their first game they are indeed the first team to win the World Cup.... Wink

Viva Espana!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:32 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I did indeed know that despite Spain losing their first game they are indeed the first team to win the World Cup.... Wink

Viva Espana!

Mel Gibson would be a bit dutch, I venture to say.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:37 am

You would have to wonder....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:40 am

Chrissy wrote:
You would have to wonder....

Mel Gibson is a washed up fool, struggling to get outof the 80's by the looks of things...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:42 am

He's worth so much money though...His production company alone is worth over a 100 mill...He'll be fine until he marries the next 20 year old gold digger...Funny how the things he complains about his ex..the tight clothes and the way she acts is probably one of the reasons he was attracted to her in the first place...Funny how a mistress is no fun when they become a wife....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:45 am

Chrissy wrote:
He's worth so much money though...His production company alone is worth over a 100 mill...He'll be fine until he marries the next 20 year old gold digger...Funny how the things he complains about his ex..the tight clothes and the way she acts is probably one of the reasons he was attracted to her in the first place...Funny how a mistress is no fun when they become a wife....

Sounds like a voice of experience....
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 am

It's a quote frm the movie "she-devil" and not from me...

Interesting though that she apparently video taped their conversions for a very long time...Wonder if we will ever hear her side of it or just his...I'm not defending him but I'm going to bet she baited him on a lot of those tapes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World Cup is here!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4