Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The World Cup is here!!

Go down 
+3
Roger. H
Chrissy
Pete
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 1:33 pm

I think you've asked about the only American sport that sometimes does end in a " Tie ". In the regular season they play 15 extra minutes, 1st score wins but if no one scores in that time it's a tie. But when you get to the post season they keep playing until someone scores. I seem to remember that, I think it was in the World League/ NFL Europe, that they used to take field goals to settle it, going back 5 five yards each time until somebody missed.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:02 am

you are correct Roger.....although it is very rare to have a tie or draw...With field goal points and penaltys etc...it is rare that the other team follows suit..its usually one or two points off...

I've really been enjoying the world cup and football in general...its starting to make sense about the draw when you think about how physical it is and there comes a time when you just can't play anymore so I get that...I've always loved baseball and just got used to a play to the death attitude as its not so physical....When i look at it that way it does make sense..............
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:29 am

Chrissy wrote:
you are correct Roger.....although it is very rare to have a tie or draw...With field goal points and penaltys etc...it is rare that the other team follows suit..its usually one or two points off...

I've really been enjoying the world cup and football in general...its starting to make sense about the draw when you think about how physical it is and there comes a time when you just can't play anymore so I get that...I've always loved baseball and just got used to a play to the death attitude as its not so physical....When i look at it that way it does make sense..............
A CONVERT!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Au Revoir !!!!! :bye: :bye: :bye:........................... NOW C'MON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:50 pm

I've decided to take tomorrow afternoon off. We may have been crap up to now but I've got to see this game...even if I originally thought we would have qualified for the next round by now... Rolling Eyes

Lets hope it'll be worth it cos I have to make the time off up!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:46 pm

7am California time...I will be on my couch with my short little cheering squad James and Peter....Yelling our little hearts out for England to finally start kicking some ass!!!!

Vi va En gland......Viva England
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:27 am

Chrissy wrote:
7am California time...I will be on my couch with my short little cheering squad James and Peter....Yelling our little hearts out for England to finally start kicking some ass!!!!

Shouldn't you be chanting for the USA?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:02 am

Chrissy wrote:

A CONVERT!!!! (reprise!)

You do know that the USA are playing at the same time don't you? Or did I forget to mention that!!???
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:03 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Shouldn't you be chanting for the USA?
Hell, right now we need all the support we can get!

Can I just mention here that my confidence about this game is not high... Rolling Eyes

But then I am a born pessimist!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:41 am

Uhh..Yeah just found out the US game is at the very same time......We have to beat Algeria.....Seems I'll be hoping back in forth to watch both......
Good luck England....Good luck USA I hope both move forward...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:57 am

Chrissy wrote:
Uhh..Yeah just found out the US game is at the very same time......We have to beat Algeria.....Seems I'll be hoping back in forth to watch both......
Good luck England....Good luck USA I hope both move forward...
Looks like you got your wish!!!!

That was sooooo tense...but we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Fan-bloody-tastic!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:49 pm

That was so much fun!!! I mostly watched the England game....They were so close so mayt times!!! Great game...so nice to see you guys move forward....Even better to watch Donovan make that fanatstic last minute play...The tension for them to just hold it together...It was great!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:26 am

Chrissy wrote:
That was so much fun!!! I mostly watched the England game....They were so close so mayt times!!! Great game...so nice to see you guys move forward....Even better to watch Donovan make that fanatstic last minute play...The tension for them to just hold it together...It was great!!!!!

Huh? confused scratch
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:07 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Huh? confused scratch
I think Chrissy's happy he scored at the death!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:17 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Huh? confused scratch

So why didn't she just say that then?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:25 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Huh? confused scratch

So why didn't she just say that then?
Because Chrissy is American!!!!!! And still sees things with American eyes!!!... Laughing

But they are very nice eyes!!!... batting eyelashes

On that slight topic...is just me that HATES it when comentators say a player has been 'yellow carded?' NO! He's been BOOKED!!!! A nasty hang over from the USA World Cup tornament...grrrr!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:33 am

Yes, What he said!!!!

Anyway it's said i loved the last 2 games....But the last 5 min. of the U.S. game was wonderful!! Ithought the look on the other teams managers face was priceless when the U.S. Scored...No matter how you say it or spell it it was good fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:59 am

Arrivederci !!!! :bye:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:56 am

Roger H wrote:
Arrivederci !!!! :bye:

Indeed! Very funny!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:56 am

Saturday night and Sunday here we come........................
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:24 am

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Unlucky USA.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:08 am

What a joke...nothing else to say.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:33 am

F***ing load of overpaid, under talented TOSSERS !!!! C***S !!!!! Bollocking W***ERS !!!! Shouldn't be allowed back in the country the bunch of S*** C***S !!!!! I think I'm taking this rather well, don't you !!??
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:36 pm

I am so sad for you guys....that was a slaughter.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:44 am

Roger H wrote:
F***ing load of overpaid, under talented TOSSERS !!!! C***S !!!!! Bollocking W***ERS !!!! Shouldn't be allowed back in the country the bunch of S*** C***S !!!!! I think I'm taking this rather well, don't you !!??

What he said! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup is here!!   The World Cup is here!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World Cup is here!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next