Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce or Tommy ?

Go down 
+2
Chrissy
Roger. H
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Bruce or Tommy ?
Bruce Kulick
Bruce or Tommy ? I_vote_lcap67%Bruce or Tommy ? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Tommy Thayer
Bruce or Tommy ? I_vote_lcap33%Bruce or Tommy ? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:54 am

Just imagine, Bruce said yes to taking the 30 pieces of silver. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Wow why don't you ask a hard question?

Tell me did they ever have Bruce dressed up as Ace?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Chrissy wrote:

Nah, he has more integrity than others.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Didn't even have to think about it...BRUCE!!!!

and Chrissy...no, Bruce never mimicked Ace. He was allowed to be his own guirarist which is why I prefer him.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Roger H wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Nah, he has more integrity than others.
oh yeah...and that to!!!!!

He is quoted as saying he's glad they never offered him the gig to replace Ace...I actually think he isn't a piece of clay, like TT, willing to do whatever to get in the band. He already had done it...

Integrity...an all to rare thing these days
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:19 pm

Roger H wrote:
Helps if I actually read what was being asked and understood the question before answering!!!!!

In light that BRUCE isn't a clone willing to play ACE's solos I'm gonna have to change my mind and say TT!!!!! I'd hate to see BK lowered to playing what PS/GS tell him too...

He has too much talent to do that...

and he really found his feet in the end and I'd hate to see him in the make up...leave it to those willing to sell their soul...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:25 pm

RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Helps if I actually read what was being asked and understood the question before answering!!!!!

In light that BRUCE isn't a clone willing to play ACE's solos I'm gonna have to change my mind and say TT!!!!! I'd hate to see BK lowered to playing what PS/GS tell him too...

and he really found his feet in the end and I'd hate to see him in the make up...leave it to those willing to sell their soul...

You shouldn't look so far into it, RFFB, it's merely a popularity contest
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Frethead wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:

You shouldn't look so far into it, RFFB, it's merely a popularity contest
Then BRUCE!!! Yes BRUCE...I'm saying BRUCE!!!

or am I? My head hurts!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:38 am

Man that was hard.

Bruce is the best guitarist they've ever had, a really nice guy and kept the band alive during the 80's, however Tommy has really impressed me on this tour.

I plumped fro Bruce in the end though, but only just...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:22 am

TBH, regardless of how well, or how good a muscian TT may be, he to me still hasn't really done much to earn his place in the band. So he helped out with KISSOLOGY...big deal...he apparently helped ACE relearn his solos...so what? Ace wrote them first!!! He helped ACE devise his solo spot...who cares? Gene devised PC drum solo and wasn't that a treat to hear & watch...NOT.

BK may have slipped in due to circumstances but he played his own solos, played on quite a few albums, did not have to wear or impersonate an ex-member and really made the guitar spot his own. Where VV just shreaded BK brought substance and style to the songs and TT just plays ACE's solos. I don't really care how well he plays them! They are still ACE's!!!!
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:41 am

They both have their places. TT is lucky to play that big gig, make some cash and not have to work for a living. I would take that gig too if I could. Basically TT is playing in a big cover band where BK did the covers but also worked on new recordings.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:08 am

laxcdn wrote:
They both have their places. TT is lucky to play that big gig, make some cash and not have to work for a living. I would take that gig too if I could. Basically TT is playing in a big cover band where BK did the covers but also worked on new recordings.

TT also worked on a new recording though... Wink
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:09 am

laxcdn wrote:

You know what Mike...You've said it best.....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:20 am

Chrissy wrote:
laxcdn wrote:

You know what Mike...You've said it best.....

Except Tommy also worked on new recordings... Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:14 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Well said. I don't think Bruce would have lasted very long having to play other peoples solos. In fact, and I might take some flak for this, when Bruce was playing the old songs and giving them a different slant.......I think prefered the Bruce solos to the Ace ones.
Still that's all behind us now, Bruce is doing fine with Grand Funk and his solo albums and Tommy is doing a first rate Ace impersonation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:17 am

Roger H wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Well said. I don't think Bruce would have lasted very long having to play other peoples solos. In fact, and I might take some flak for this, when Bruce was playing the old songs and giving them a different slant.......I think prefered the Bruce solos to the Ace ones.

Still that's all behind us now, Bruce is doing fine with Grand Funk and his solo albums and Tommy is doing a first rate Ace impersonation. Very Happy
Maybe on that other site such a statement would cause uproar but I agree...when BK was playin HIS solos not once did I think 'I wish he'd play the solo Ace did' but I often find myself thinkin 'Please let TT please HIS own solo' these days...but yep, he IS doin a first rate job in the band right now.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:46 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Maybe on that other site such a statement would cause uproar but I agree...when BK was playin HIS solos not once did I think 'I wish he'd play the solo Ace did' but I often find myself thinkin 'Please let TT please HIS own solo' these days...but yep, he IS doin a first rate job in the band right now.

Some of Bruce interpretations of Ace' solo's are great.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:48 am

Good someone can play them because Ace is either fantastic or completely sucks!!! I am still so disappointed in how he trashed our national anthem...Ass hat!!!!

Don't get me wrong i love Ace and I think he is so much of why KISS has the magic they have....but I can't name too many other guitarist with as much talent as he has that can do an about face and just be awful like he can...I think its attitude...He seems to decide he's not into something and it shows....also the sign of a true artist...the passion has to be there or they just shut off...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:51 am

Chrissy wrote:
Good someone can play them because Ace is either fantastic or completely sucks!!! I am still so disappointed in how he trashed our national anthem...Ass hat!!!!

Don't get me wrong i love Ace and I think he is so much of why KISS has the magic they have....but I can't name too many other guitarist with as much talent as he has that can do an about face and just be awful like he can...I think its attitude...He seems to decide he's not into something and it shows....also the sign of a true artist...the passion has to be there or they just shut off...

Which is why he is no longer in Kiss and Tommy is.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:54 am

Is that the reason.?...I've never known the reason behind all the change ups.....Back when they happened I never gave it a second thought...But I am a lousy fan so there....So Bruce was ditched for the reunion thats about all i know...Why was VV let go..I liked him!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:23 am

Chrissy wrote:
Is that the reason.?...I've never known the reason behind all the change ups.....Back when they happened I never gave it a second thought...But I am a lousy fan so there....So Bruce was ditched for the reunion thats about all i know...Why was VV let go..I liked him!!!

She was too talented and forceful for S & S's liking, didn't toe the party line. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:34 am

Roger H wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

She was too talented and forceful for S & S's liking, didn't toe the party line. Rolling Eyes

Why was VV let go? Because she was an ASSHOLE!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:50 am

she????
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:59 am

Chrissy wrote:
she????
lol!

There have been rumours for ages that he had a sex change op and is now a she!!!

But as Roger said he had too strong an opinion and wanted things HIS way. Apparently PS&GS told him him not play so fast on his solos and he didn't like being told what and how to play...unlike TT!!!!

I still think, to this day, sacking VV was a shame cos he helped write the 3 best KISS albums from 1982 - present day. I'd have loved to hear him on one more full KISS album.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:11 am

I never knew the sex change rumors.......So on the VV invasion album he might be a she? no way!!
Didn't mark Slaughter sing on that album...I love the ashes to ashes song!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bruce or Tommy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce or Tommy ?   Bruce or Tommy ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce or Tommy ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next