Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An interesting read about Tommy Thayer

Go down 
+2
Chrissy
chuck1223
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : forum lurker
Registration date : 2009-01-05

An interesting read about Tommy Thayer Empty
PostSubject: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 pm

I was just reading about Tommy Thayer. Up until a few weeks ago I had zero knowledge of who he was. Seems he has been working with Kiss behind the scenes since around '85. He was a member of Black 'n' Blue. Here is the link : http://www.tommythayer.com/about/ . cheers
Back to top Go down
http://robbintribute.8forum.info
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:29 pm

chuck1223 wrote:
I was just reading about Tommy Thayer. Up until a few weeks ago I had zero knowledge of who he was. Seems he has been working with Kiss behind the scenes since around '85. He was a member of Black 'n' Blue. Here is the link : http://www.tommythayer.com/about/ . cheers

Always loved Black n Blue....Miss mystery is to this day one of my fav songs......
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:54 am

chuck1223 wrote:

Aww Chuck! We could've told you this ages ago. He's responsible for putting the Kissolgy's together. He taught Ace his own solos back in 1995/96 before taking his place on stage in 2002 (amongs many other things).

Thanks for posting though.

Never heard any Black n Blue. Are they any good?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 am

Pete wrote:
chuck1223 wrote:

Aww Chuck! We could've told you this ages ago. He's responsible for putting the Kissolgy's together. He taught Ace his own solos back in 1995/96 before taking his place on stage in 2002 (amongs many other things).

Thanks for posting though.

Never heard any Black n Blue. Are they any good?
Average at best...

Not surprised they didnt make it and TT ended up in KISS tribute band before joing the real band...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:37 am

I have a soft spot for these guys...They were at one of the first shows we snuck into...couldn't have been 15 years old.....Still remember taking the bus to Hollywood to see them...Had this song sung to me ..never forget it.!!!They released an album later that year.....

Have a listen Pete....

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:43 am

Will do so at home later tonight.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:41 am

How can the words " Interesting " and "Tommy Thayer " be in the same sentence ??? scratch scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:10 am

Roger H wrote:
How can the words " Interesting " and "Tommy Thayer " be in the same sentence ??? scratch scratch Laughing

Now, now..Don't start! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:15 pm

What !!?? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : forum lurker
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Roger H wrote:

I was interested because I didn't know his history..at......all !!!! Plus Chrissy had mentioned something about Black 'N Blue because they sang to her one time........let me rephrase....interesting to those of us that got our a**es kicked by Kiss in Chicago...lol !!!
Back to top Go down
http://robbintribute.8forum.info
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:30 am

Roger H wrote:
What !!?? lol! lol! lol!

You know darn well what young man!! bat
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:04 am

I would do it too if I had the chance, but he is going to be known as the Ace Clone, just like John Levin is known as the George Lynch clone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An interesting read about Tommy Thayer   An interesting read about Tommy Thayer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An interesting read about Tommy Thayer
Page 1 of 1